Sign in to follow this  
RebelRogue

Article Up.

2 hours ago, RebelRogue said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/20/join-the-blue-squadron/

You disappoint me. This has been up for quite some time and nobody has posted anything.

Where is everybody?

Any enthusiasm I might have had was crushed when General Merrick wasn't involved.

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

But.... why? Why FFG? Q3 will last all of 12 days before second edition drops, why even bother to announce/release a 1.0 prize kit so late in the game? Why not just jump straight to the 2.0 wave kits?

Exactly.

Plus I've though the metal tokens thus far are just crap.

2 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

If they want the prizes to be universal, why not make alt art EPTs instead of a ship from one faction.

Then, people would just complain that either (a) it's not their favorite Ept, or (b) its a useless EPT.

1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

The best part of this article is FFG trying and failing miserably convincing me there was ever something I enjoyed about 1.0.

And yet, 14 waves in, you're still here.

Everyone is trying to Rock Paper Scissors but forget about lizard and Spock. Alpha Strikes are still a thing although it isn't exactly jousting where jousting is a race of who can grind them down where alpha strike is a get rid as much of the threat so that the joust is no longer an issue.

Then as for turrets they forgot to mention one important thing, Initiative. In order for turrets to work against Arc Dodgers you need to match or beat their initiative. You don't have 360 arcs any more so the Arc Dodgers get their wish they can now move out of arcs at the end of activation. So the fat turrets will have to be Han maybe RAC (though I think I5 kills its ability to compete).

In a matter of fact I am surprised how little Initiative is discussed in this article since it effects all three of their pillars of X-wing. As a strategy article there is so much oversight lost on the points it tries to make.