manoftomorrow010

manoftomorrow's painting (Update: Phase II Clones, 322nd)

6 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

What color did you use to base Grevious’ armor? That’s a great color

Hey! I will have to check when I get home to be certain, but I used a mix of Deck Tan and Tan Earth (both Vallejo), in a ratio that probably was not quite 1:2, because I wanted it to be fairly a light beige. This reminded me I need to post finished pics of Grievous! I will do that tonight!

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Hey! I will have to check when I get home to be certain, but I used a mix of Deck Tan and Tan Earth (both Vallejo), in a ratio that probably was not quite 1:2, because I wanted it to be fairly a light beige. This reminded me I need to post finished pics of Grievous! I will do that tonight!

Nice! I’m a Vallejo guy mostly, that’s great!

A while back I won a raffle in our league for a free box of Rebel Veterans that were missing an arm on one of the minis. I got the replacement arm and finally got around to painting them. Normally, I don't spend time highlighting my corps, since I'm more interested in getting through all those squads as quickly as possible, but since I probably will only own one of these squads, I wanted to spend more time on them!

To get good light on each one, I took individual photos.

20191223_200837

20191223_200855

20191223_200912

20191223_201012

20191223_200930

20191223_200943

20191223_200823

20191223_200805

Update!

Started painting my Phase I Upgrade Pack. First, the DP-23s. As my clone base rings are color coded for each squad, I thought that it would be nice to color code these boys, too, so these will always be attached to Orange and Green squad when I play them. And, since their armor, backpack, and skirts make them stand out, I added the squad color to the face and fin on the top of the helmet, as well as the knee pads. I hastily painted the ring to remember which mini went with which squad, so I will of course re-do that when I do the basing.

20200125_105753

20200125_105745

8 hours ago, Krakus said:

Very goog job. The set of eyes direction is perfect 👌

thanks! Rex and Luke have turned out well, so I'm continuing with face and eye practice. I hope the ARC Troopers include Fives.

Just noticed I didn't post a pic of Rex without his helmet since I painted his head/face! I will have to do that this afternoon.

5 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

A base-color picture of my in-progress Saber tank. Painted for the 322nd (Ahsoka).

20200225_173934

You make me having regrets to just have pre-ordered the AAT 

How aw the assembling process? Any fun?

Does it have any minis in the sprue? I see the hatch is open, any mini such a pilot to put inside?

Just now, Krakus said:

You make me having regrets to just have pre-ordered the AAT 

How aw the assembling process? Any fun?

Does it have any minis in the sprue? I see the hatch is open, any mini such a pilot to put inside?

It was easy to put together. There is a Clone mini to go in the hatch, with the hardpoint weapons attaching there. Only variation for the clone mini is to either have a Phase I or Phase II helmet on him.