manoftomorrow010

manoftomorrow's painting (Update: Phase II Clones, 322nd)

Here are more of my Imperials.

20190615_084816

And I wasn't going for a true "snow" look with them, cause none of my homemade terrain is snow, so they're more desert looking.

20190615_084849

I put some brush on gloss varnish on the armor of the Death Troopers so they have a nice shine to them. Hard to pick up here, but they are quite shiny!

20190615_085009

So much fun to see your progress from the first miniature to the ones you uploaded yesterday. 

Have you tried Citadel's (Games Workshop) Contrast Paints line? I am using it to paint my SW Legion original core set and I am loving the paints. Minimal effort and max result. Perfect for the grunt work.

Keep sharing pics, enjoying them a lot.

Obi-wan looks great.  Nice job on the OSL.  And what a terrific model.  The clone wars characters are going to translate into nice to paint models because the CGI show doesn’t have a lot of extraneous details and “flair” like the costumes from the live action movies tend to.  

1 minute ago, BigBadAndy said:

Obi-wan looks great.  Nice job on the OSL.  And what a terrific model.  The clone wars characters are going to translate into nice to paint models because the CGI show doesn’t have a lot of extraneous details and “flair” like the costumes from the live action movies tend to.  

Thanks! I think I could add a little more thin/lighter blue to his face and the cloak around his waist to enhance the OSL, but i also think I could live with it as-is.

I am nearly done with my first BARC Speeder, and I love it. It might be my favorite painting I've done for Legion lol hope to finish it up tonight.

10 hours ago, YellowSkin88 said:

So much fun to see your progress from the first miniature to the ones you uploaded yesterday. 

Have you tried Citadel's (Games Workshop) Contrast Paints line? I am using it to paint my SW Legion original core set and I am loving the paints. Minimal effort and max result. Perfect for the grunt work.

Keep sharing pics, enjoying them a lot.

I am not really interested in investing in the contrast paints. Not sure why, other than Citadel is expensive, and I use Vallejo for everything but shades. Also, I'm fine putting in the time on each one that I do, feels more rewarding, despite moaning through some of the boring things :) 

It's a crazy busy week, so I haven't been able to finish as many clones as I had hoped, but here's half a squad, finished up.

I primed in Corax, German Grey, a light wash in Nuln Oil (you can see the ol washed version in the background), and then finally I went over the armor with Ivory. (I still have gunmetal dry brush to do on weapons.)

The shoulder pauldron is a recreation of the 99th Infantry Division badge, which was my grandfather's division in WWII. They were nicknamed "the battle babies," so all my Phase I troopers are "the battle shinies." I'm going to give them a gloss varnish for the armor so that they live up to the name.

20191021_211801

11 minutes ago, YellowSkin88 said:

Did you do a recess shade or a full wash? 

it was a full wash, but I wiped away some of it from the armor where I knew I would just have it be purely white. It created shadows on the flat armor in places where I wanted, as opposed to just doing the recesses, like the flat torso armor plate beneath the breast plates and some of the leg pieces.