manoftomorrow010

manoftomorrow's painting thread (updated w/ Bossk)

Here's my in progress AT-RT next to the other two. I shaded the whole chassis after this pic and started painting the rider same as the other two. Just have to finish the base and it's good to go!

I also newly added the red zones on the base to mark the firing arcs. I had highlighted the arcs on the top of the base with a silver paint, but I kinda like this better. Wish I could cover that silver on the other 2 bases now.

20190206_204706

6 hours ago, Jabby said:

That is the cleanest Vader I’ve seen. What paint brand is that? The black seems too black to be true

i use all Vallejo. My base tone is Black and Dark Prussian Blue (3:1). Then, just added Neutral Grey to it to lighten it up, following Sorastro's guide for the techniques.

1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I find your lack of craft brews disturbing

My local craft brews have cans, I think. My theory on beer was if it ain't Guinness and is exported to the next county don't drink it. Then my Celiac genes kicked and I can't drink beer anymore. More for the rest of you.

Just now, Qualitypunk said:

My local craft brews have cans, I think. My theory on beer was if it ain't Guinness and is exported to the next county don't drink it. Then my Celiac genes kicked and I can't drink beer anymore. More for the rest of you.

I live in CO and I don't like beer 😂

19 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

also a negative lol i don't really drink much at all anymore. but i wouldn't oppose Vader offering me a glass of bourbon :D

In all honesty, in pure selfpreservation I wouldnt oppose Vader even if he offered a glass of warm fish liver oil 😧 

Edited by Attackmack

Here is a basic squad of Pathfinders, and another WIP.

20190322_093218

With this first squad, I was doing too much testing and didn't really like the colors of the unit leader, or the kneeling guy. I am trying to more represent the environment of Scarif, than reproduce the colors of fabric in the movie, and thought those two were too dark. So I wound up with a sea-green, with a greater emphasis on the green for the other two. I wish they all were that color lol

20190322_093305

The second squad, again with a sea-green look, but with a greater emphasis on the blue, to set them apart from the other squad. Also, I went with a flipped color scheme, where the jackets are the main color and the shirts match the pants, unlike the first squad where their vests/jackets I just made to look like basic leather.