Caravan of Courage is objectively a better film than The Last Jedi

1 minute ago, ViscerothSWG said:

34.gif?w=600

giphy.webp

DrearyBouncyGallinule-max-1mb.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

Clearly . . . 

Some are’t loading, but I will comment on the ones I can see.

The first one is a faulty as it is a trailer mash up of scenes, not the actual scene from the movie. It’s difficult to tell her mood in context because the context is wrong.

The only other one I can see is the third, and that’s anger. 

Would you you like to provide shots of Cindel doing better?

31 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Aspects of an Actor’s preformance can be objectively compared, like the ability to emote. Let’s compare the female leads. In a clip supplied by @ViscerothSWG, we see Cindel’s first encounter with the Ewoks. She gives a little gasp when they find her, but there is no fear in her eyes.  When the Ewoks overpower her brother, her voice carries very little actual concern. Rey has many moments were fear, anger, and pain can be readily seen in her eyes and in her actions...

….Mmm-hmm.  Subjective; as demonstrated by @ViscerothSWG, and discussed widely around the internet.  I'm not going to critique the performances (or lack thereof) of the actors in either film here, as it is irrelevant to my point.

39 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

As for ignoring parts of arguments, you have been doing that yourself. Can you provide a explanation why your logic behind your claim doesn’t apply to other films as listed above?

I've never argued that it doesn't.  Are you trying to put words into my mouth now?

In any cased, @Sekac has already agreed that - by at least one metric - Caravan of Courage is not only objectively a better film than The Last Jedi, but - in his own words - obviously so.

1 minute ago, FTS Gecko said:

….Mmm-hmm.  Subjective; as demonstrated by @ViscerothSWG, and discussed widely around the internet.  I'm not going to critique the performances (or lack thereof) of the actors in either film here, as it is irrelevant to my point.

I've never argued that it doesn't.  Are you trying to put words into my mouth now?

In any cased, @Sekac has already agreed that - by at least one metric - Caravan of Courage is not only objectively a better film than The Last Jedi, but - in his own words - obviously so.

Considering he got one without proof checking it and the other is a very clear emotion, I don’t see how he proved anything. This is a comparison, remember? He didn’t show I was wrong about CoC either.

So, you are going to take one aspect of the film and with it that CoC as a whole is objectively better than TLJ? That’s a bit like saying the Gunboat is objectively worse than the B-Wing because it can’t knife fight as well.

7 minutes ago, RookiePilot said:

I don’t know whether to be embarrassed or relieved that I had never heard of Caravan of Courage.  To make things worse, I saw A New Hope at the theaters when it first came out.  How did this get by me?

It was a TV movie. Even had a sequel, if I recall right. Most of the reviews i’ve seen from the time kind of give it a “it did something basic decently”. Though it did win an Emmy for visual affects. 

More contemporary don’t seem to have liked it as well. 

36 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Except that you're claim isn't backed up with this argument.

You claimed that it's an objectively better movie. Your argument is that it is a better standalone movie. Those are 2 separate things that aren't really connected.

Let's use a VW Bug and a Ford Pinto as an example. If we wanted to determine which is the better car, would asking "which one is a better Ford" help determine which is the better car? Well, no, because the Pinto is the only one that qualifies. Obviously it's not the better car as the design had a flaw that caused it to burst into flames if rear ended and the Bug is one of the most enduring car designs ever.

Well this is exactly the method of your argument now. Your claim and your argument aren't really related but you're pretending they are. There's absolutely nothing objective about that.