Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Push the Limit 2.0 confirmed for Rebels only

30 point cost. But for the cost you get the following benefits;

1) Potential to block an opponent during activation and deprive them of actions

2) Have two arcs for a free unmodified bonus attack, rolling three dice at range 1

3) Any one of your ships within range 2 once per turn gets an additional action before they activate, without incurring stress for their second action

4) If your ship has 1 stress, it still gets an action within range 2 at initiative 1,setting up potential for even a second block 

4) 5 more hit points of squad to chew through for opponents. 

The question is, is that worth 30 points? I think so! 

FYI; PTL is no longer the acronym though. Supposedly it now called AP-5. Best 15% squad cost ever. Don't fly Rebel 2.0 without it! 

11 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Yeah, but that's not how PTL works...at all...

It's like the actual inverse of PTL 

Also, every other feature you described isn't free...you paid thirty points for a Z with a hull and an aux arc. Its coordinate had better be **** good 

Good point. But Zs cost 23. I suppose the question then is whether or not the hull, the rear arc, the dial and coordinate are all worth 7 points. Looking at the costs of hull upgrade for 5 points for ag2, then it's about the white coordinate (tactical officer is 2 but that doesn't take into account the ship that use it at a higher cost because their base cost is higher and their coordinate is red) the only ship able to action a ship at initiative 1 for blocks, coordinate a stressed ship, and a rear arc attack. 

Now I'd have to say, looking at all of that for 2 points? Pretty amazing, even by your cynical standards right Mr. Fickle? ?

No offense meant

Yeah, it's crazy how cheap PTL is now, costing just 12 points. I mean the ship blows up after 3 rounds but it's still-

Wait, you're not talking about the Scum escape craft? You're talking about the Sheathipede? Well let's compare:

Sheathipede-AP5
30 points
2 Attack front and back arcs

Escape Craft-Autopilot Drone
12 points
1 attack front arc

.....the second one is waaaaaaay cheaper. Let's complain about that instead!

Edited by Simonsays3

5 minutes ago, Simonsays3 said:

Yeah, it's crazy how cheap PTL is now, costing just 12 points. I mean the ship blows up after 3 rounds but it's still-

Wait, you're not talking about the Scum escape craft? You're talking about the Sheathipede? Well let's compare:

Sheathipede-AP5
30 points
2 Attack front and back arcs

Escape Craft-Autopilot Drone
12 points
1 attack front arc

.....the second one is waaaaaaay cheaper. Let's complain about that instead!

Who's complaining? I'm list building. ?

Escape craft is a valid value for scum. Dial is is bad though. Drone is unusable for what we are discussing over the course of a game. But with Tactical Officer the other Escape Crafts are definitely good for the cost. But for 6 points more than L337 we get a better dial, a rear arc, an extra hull (worth 5 alone) and all the aforementioned benefits regarding when and who can be coordinated that the escape craft cant do.

13 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

looking at the costs of hull upgrade for 5 points for ag2

Sure hull upgrade costs 5 points on a bandit, but it's not worth that. There is a reason you won't ever see someone take a hull upgrade on a bandit. The hull point on a bandit is maybe worth 2 points.

Is AP5 worth 7 points more than a bandit? Maybe. You lose the red barrel roll, you lose a focus in exchange for the worse calculate, you gain coordinate (plus AP5 ability), you gain the back arc. You gain 2 hull but lose 1 shield. You lose the ability to take a missile, but gain the ability take a crew.

Even if AP5 is a point or 2 under-costs, he definitely is not worth a rant thread. There are definitely few other pilots and upgrades which will need tweaks way more than him.

Think I'd still rather wedge than a Z and AP

Personally, I think Z's are trash apart from cracken and his I 5 + ability

I think ap-5 seems great, but he's nowhere near the realm of Howlrunner or the like

Eh, just not terrifically impressive. Great, mind, just not worthy of such hyperbole. Could def think of better uses of 30 points 

Edited by ficklegreendice

8 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Who's complaining? I'm list building. ?

Escape craft is a valid value for scum. Dial is is bad though. Drone is unusable for what we are discussing over the course of a game. But with Tactical Officer the other Escape Crafts are definitely good for the cost. But for 6 points more than L337 we get a better dial, a rear arc, an extra hull (worth 5 alone) and all the aforementioned benefits regarding when and who can be coordinated that the escape craft cant do.

But for a mere 13 points more you double the hit points, change one unreliable green agility into a super bad *** extra red die, increase your blocking potential, and look like an Imperial Valkayrie reigning fire and destruction upon the galaxy instead of you know, not looking like one.

Everyone has coordinate now, just like everyone has shield-regeneration Gonks now. Which ironically you need coordinating to pull off effectively. 

Also prequel ships!!! So YOLO!

7 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

I guess it’s too much to ask for people to even run a single game before making sweeping conclusions about under-costed over-powered cards?

Yeah, forget I asked... 

You can use math. You know, like how astronomers know when an eclipse will happen.

According to math, AP-5 is at least 3 points undercosted, probably 4. OP is correct in his assessment. And, in case you're wondering. Fenn Rau is actually very much still worth flying, but his cost is pretty close to balanced now. On a percentage basis, 1e Fenn Rau is the most undercosted ship in the game. His massive cost increase for 2e is absolutely correct. 2e has issues, but many things are significantly improved.