KnightHammer

First Look Trailer - Star Wars Resistance

regarding the "gold trooper".. we don't know if it is actually gold, or just gold tinted due to the ambient lighting of the location it is in. white armor would easily end up looking gold if the local lighting is yellow/amber.

and eMeM, you seem to be using a very loose definition of 'hand drawn' since all the shows you just listed are made using computerized tools.. only specific frames are made on paper as sketches, they are then scanned, line art is finished, colored, and the myriad other frames to create the motions are added via programs. and most studios nowadays dispense with the paper entirely and do the base frames entirely on computer as well.

and that is when they aren't reusing preexisting elements saved in the computer from previous scenes and remixed as needed.

Edited by mithril2098

2 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

regarding the "gold trooper".. we don't know if it is actually gold, or just gold tinted due to the ambient lighting of the location it is in. white armor would easily end up looking gold if the local lighting is yellow/amber.

Could be Phasma....

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

You know, the weird irony is that people said this about Rebels, too. Now Rebels has a huge following. Funny how that works out every time isn't it?

Can’t speak for everyone. I liked Rebels when I tried it.

I am sure this will do well too - and that is ok. I don’t own a monopoly on what “good” Star Wars is.

Just not going to be a part of this one personally. I do hope it does well enough that we get new ships for xwing to play with.

3 hours ago, SOTL said:

but this is all a little too obviously being driven by computers (which of course they had to do for time/cost reasons)

Wait, what?  This is DISNEY, the company that has turned animation into an international empire.  This is the richest studio on the planet, with the most profitable on-screen franchise that has ever existed.

You're seriously capitulating that they "had to" use rushed computer-driven animation to save costs?  That's mighty charitable of you.

If Disney wanted to invest more manpower hours or money into this series, they easily could have.

59 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Filoni doesn't have much to do with this, he said he's mostly focused on other projects. 

Ah, well that's disappointing news, was counting on his involvement heavily. He seems to have faith in the people he left in charge, but I seriously doubt he would say anything else at this point. 

Glad to hear that he is devoting his time to the new Clone Wars though. Expectations for that are now trending even higher. 

Edited by RebelProfundity

3 hours ago, WAC47 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait... were you serious?

“STAR WARS IS TURBO SRS”

*commando strike team drags gold plated butler droid into a stealth mission, doesn’t even give it camo*

Star Wars has ALWAYS been silly and stupid  

57 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

and eMeM, you seem to be using a very loose definition of 'hand drawn' since all the shows you just listed are made using computerized tools.. only specific frames are made on paper as sketches, they are then scanned, line art is finished, colored, and the myriad other frames to create the motions are added via programs. and most studios nowadays dispense with the paper entirely and do the base frames entirely on computer as well.

and that is when they aren't reusing preexisting elements saved in the computer from previous scenes and remixed as needed.

As an animator, this is adorable ?

1 hour ago, mithril2098 said:

I know how the animation is made. Do you seriously not see the difference between that and a full cgi show?

Edited by eMeM

5 hours ago, WAC47 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait... were you serious?

Remember that chuckle-factory when that dude chopped off his own child’s hand then left him to die by falling into a gas giant? 

HILARIOUS. So fun and light!

55 minutes ago, KnightHammer said:

Wow, just checked out the likes to dislikes on the Disney YT 3.4K / 4.3K

That's annoying. Very annoying. I'm very tired of crybaby star wars fans. It's getting worse than star trek fans.

11 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Remember that chuckle-factory when that dude chopped off his own child’s hand then left him to die by falling into a gas giant? 

HILARIOUS. So fun and light!

I can pick out ten different humorous moments in Empire Strikes Back that were funny or meant to be. Where would you like me to start brohanakin skywalker?

I really think everyone needs to just calm down with the negative emotions at this point. I think that, unfortunately, TLJ was so bad and polarizing, that now the fans look for reasons to hate on Star Wars. Yes, TLJ was a dumpster fire, but since Disney took over, they have done an ok job. TFA was pretty good (even if it was a remake  of Episode 4) and Rogue One and Solo were solid, with good stories (even though we knew the endings-more for less) and decent amounts of fan service.  Rebels was pretty fun, even if it was weird and fell flat a few times.  Eventually if everyone keeps this negativity up, Disney will cut and run on Star Wars and we won't get anything new. Star Wars will be dead. So just enjoy something for once. Remember that Star Wars is for kids and families and that is ok. I watched the Resistance trailer and thought, "cool, a story about star fighter racing in the Star Wars Galaxy. I like those ring things they are obviously using as check points. I wonder if I could make half rings and make rules for my Xwing ships to race through."

My point is everyone needs to just relax and enjoy Star Wars! That's why we are all here anyway, a love of Star Wars. So love it!

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

That's annoying. Very annoying. I'm very tired of crybaby star wars fans. It's getting worse than star trek fans.

Not getting. It's way worse. The seem to hate purely for the sake of hating. You'd think that after months of crying and whining at every opportunity they'd cry themselves out, but if anything they only get louder and more... crybaby'ish.

9 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

I really think everyone needs to just calm down with the negative emotions at this point. I think that, unfortunately, TLJ was so bad and polarizing, that now the fans look for reasons to hate on Star Wars. Yes, TLJ was a dumpster fire, but since Disney took over, they have done an ok job. TFA was pretty good (even if it was a remake  of Episode 4) and Rogue One and Solo were solid, with good stories (even though we knew the endings-more for less) and decent amounts of fan service. 

Hey... someone who actually agrees with me almost verbatim about every single Disney Star Wars movie. 

Really, I’m hoping Disney learns from the blowback and dumps Rian and his trilogy. Give it to someone deserving.

And I still want this show to do well with the kids so they keep making Star Wars.

18 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

. I think that, unfortunately, TLJ was so bad and polarizing, that now the fans look for reasons to hate on Star Wars.

Yeah, no. I actually rather liked TLJ. Way better than the fan fiction tha5 was TFA. This came across like an old Saturday morning cartoon, not anime.

But we’ll see. 

924ux4c4.png

Seems there is a fan of classic LeMans racing among the team making the series. This is a 1970 Porsche 917k, Gulf livery and all, ported into Star Wars.

used-1969-porsche-917k-gulf-9423-1261118

image.png.e2089abe46537d79c0f7d43fe241a31f.png

If this ship makes it into the X-Wing Miniatures game, it will be a case of Gaslands meets X-Wing.

I hate to sound like "Negative Nancy" but the whole idea of copying a classic car so blatantly into StarWars seems crappy to me.

*EDIT* If you want to drive the car, I suggest you grab a good steering wheel and a copy of the PC game Assetto Corsa. Fantastic simulator.

Edited by OoALEJOoO

43 minutes ago, Slugrage said:

Not getting. It's way worse. The seem to hate purely for the sake of hating. You'd think that after months of crying and whining at every opportunity they'd cry themselves out, but if anything they only get louder and more... crybaby'ish.

Honestly it is pretty simple. Echo chamber (SW pages where they gather) + common "foe"= continual escalation due to confirmation bias. Every mindless form of hatred grows rapidly when subjected to the same "environmental" conditions. And before someone assumes I think those that dislike the sequels is being mindless, I don't. There is a difference between having an opinion and having an opinion that leads to the crap some of these ******* fanatics do though.

51 minutes ago, Slugrage said:

It's bonkers. For a fanbase that picks on Anakin, they should identify with him the most.

unknown.png

1 hour ago, JJFDVORAK said:

I think that, unfortunately, TLJ was so bad and polarizing, that now the fans look for reasons to hate on Star Wars.

Let's ignore the TLJ stuff for a second and focus on the bold.

Do you remember 1999?

It's been nearly twenty years.

The hatred hasn't ever stopped.