Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

Spoiler out today at 3 pm Eastern

52 minutes ago, erlucius90 said:

Does Lie in Ambush work with Extra Armor? Hmmm...

If you mean to put block tokens on your ambushing figures, it wouldn’t seem to. Your LiA figures aren’t on the board after the deployment step when Extra Armor triggers to hand them out. 

3 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I thought you only played rebels ryan? Esentry cost so much and can easily hit stuff from range

I do ?. So far I don’t see this as helping Rebels much. They just don’t have the right figures for it IMO. 

But yeah, you’re right about sentries being squishy. Probably better to sent eRiots. 

-ryanjamal 

1 hour ago, ryanjamal said:

I do ?. So far I don’t see this as helping Rebels much. They just don’t have the right figures for it IMO. 

But yeah, you’re right about sentries being squishy. Probably better to sent eRiots. 

-ryanjamal 

If it was usable by Uniques then I think it would be a different story: Jedi Luke would be a nightmare in the backfield!

I believe best use for this is Hondo. It's 2 VPs then you only need 5 more VPs to pay the initial investment. With his ability to add 2 damage he can kill supports easily. Also he has chances to survive 1 attack thanks to dodge, health pool and CCs, played late round he can also contest terminal.

Edited by Golan Trevize

6 minutes ago, Golan Trevize said:

I believe best use for this is Hondo. It's 2 VPs then you only need 5 more VPs to pay the initial investment. With his ability to add 2 damage he can kill supports easily. Also he has chances to survive 1 attack thanks to dodge, health pool and CCs, played late round he can also contest terminal.

Hondo can't use Lie In Ambush because it doesn't allow usage on unique figures.

13 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Hondo can't use Lie In Ambush because it doesn't allow usage on unique figures.

Right! I forgot that! Then we coulduse it with something else that can push opponent to leave depzone empty. It should be empty by end of round 2 then Hondo can rush in with smuggler's run. Eventually having initiative at round 3 can help.

Edited by Golan Trevize

The fun point of LiA is that it plays around the number of activations you have on the first and a half round, it can potentially lower some lists from 7 acts to 6 and this can hurt due to the potential loss of your last activation in that round. Still, rebels and scum almost always have 8+ acts, so this issue affects mostly imperials, who were so happy to finally have 7 acts and yet they might delay this benefit once more (this condition can be really painful especially by playing Vader against IG / Han / another Vader).

Will it be worth it?

2 hours ago, erlucius90 said:

The fun point of LiA is that it plays around the number of activations you have on the first and a half round, it can potentially lower some lists from 7 acts to 6 and this can hurt due to the potential loss of your last activation in that round. Still, rebels and scum almost always have 8+ acts, so this issue affects mostly imperials, who were so happy to finally have 7 acts and yet they might delay this benefit once more (this condition can be really painful especially by playing Vader against IG / Han / another Vader).

Will it be worth it?

On maps like Mos Eisley and Tarkin, the ability to go into either zone is really powerful because you should easily have line of sight to just about any figure on the board at that point. I see it being best with Sentries and Jets. It will take some play to get it down, but I think it would definitely be worth it.

As imperial player-only, i'm definitely going to try it out and see how it goes!
I'd never play sentries with LiA, it's too easy to dispose of them and their cost per miniature is high, you'd be just sending a gift to your opponent, i'd rather send Jets or Riots into the pit since they are way harder to be killed.

6 hours ago, erlucius90 said:

As imperial player-only, i'm definitely going to try it out and see how it goes!
I'd never play sentries with LiA, it's too easy to dispose of them and their cost per miniature is high, you'd be just sending a gift to your opponent, i'd rather send Jets or Riots into the pit since they are way harder to be killed.

It depends on their list right? If they have Rebel Care package or Jabba the multifire can do lots of work. If all their figures can vacate the depolyment zones then Riots may have more trouble getting in range depending on the map. And you can also deploy to your own zone, so there's that fallback as well. It could get pretty interesting in mirror match lie in ambush matchups where initiative may be huge on determining who puts their figures down first, so the next player can counter move their figures.

In tournament play, you don’t have to attach it to the same group every time. Maybe on Tarkin, you put it on some Riots.

On the Lothal Blitz map, Sentries might not be a bad option. If the opponent runs out 8 spots, then the sentries can hit with some ranged shots or at least put some pressure on the opponents positioning. 

3 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

In tournament play, you don’t have to attach it to the same group every time. Maybe on Tarkin, you put it on some Riots.

On the Lothal Blitz map, Sentries might not be a bad option. If the opponent runs out 8 spots, then the sentries can hit with some ranged shots or at least put some pressure on the opponents positioning. 

that's a great point how you can move it around. Seems like it would be strongest with imperial lists in that regard.

47 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

It depends on their list right? If they have Rebel Care package or Jabba the multifire can do lots of work. If all their figures can vacate the depolyment zones then Riots may have more trouble getting in range depending on the map. And you can also deploy to your own zone, so there's that fallback as well. It could get pretty interesting in mirror match lie in ambush matchups where initiative may be huge on determining who puts their figures down first, so the next player can counter move their figures.

My first thoughts after a couple of games:
It actually doesn't depend on their list, but more on their attitude against it. It doesn't matter who are you going after and that's because they know you play LiA and they know which group is going to be able to spawn into their DZ.
If you're sending riots, they will just get out of range; if you're sending sentries, they will take countermeasures to deny multifire and blow them up right afterwards.
My initial feel now is that LiA is more powerful if you use it more to surround the enemy forces, especially against long range shooters (the empire is not famous for being sniper addicted) and force their troops to either step forward or get backstabbed, mostly to counter situations like this one which are still frequent: https://ibb.co/d969xe 
Otherwise, you can just go for their terminal ?

I think, no matter which unit you choose for Ambush, it will be dead afterwards. I don't think that health or defense really makes a difference here.

For that matter, I'd like to throw in eTrandoshans ...

8 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

I think, no matter which unit you choose for Ambush, it will be dead afterwards. I don't think that health or defense really makes a difference here.

For that matter, I'd like to throw in eTrandoshans ...

for a throw away unit, send in the regular Trandos then. The only difference is the Pierce and maybe the extra strain if you can get into adjacency.

7 hours ago, buckero0 said:

for a throw away unit, send in the regular Trandos then. The only difference is the Pierce and maybe the extra strain if you can get into adjacency.

I think the regular trandos are the way to go!  they both have the same pierce value and strain, the elites just get an additional +1d from being adjacent.  is that worth the 3 extra points?  sure they have a surge for focus, but we are talking about them probably dying right of the bat.