Biophysical

Rexler Brath: A Man for All Seasons

Ugh, list building is hard. I'm just going to fly HLC/Juke Rex with a "standard" 100 point Vader at my local shop's release party tournament...

(84) Rexler Brath
(4) Heavy Laser Cannon
(4) Juke
Points 92

(70) Darth Vader
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(3) Fire-Control System
(8) Afterburners
(7) Proton Rockets
Points 100

Total points: 192

4 hours ago, defkhan1 said:

Have people found any decent partners for Vessery? Vader doesnt work unless you resign yourself to a 2 ship list. I was gonna say Redline but ideally you want Vessery to be able to shoot first.

Redline with FCS and/or Jonus. Three locks for Vessery to choose from.  Redline line really  does make the most sense for Vessery considering how easily he picks up locks.

13 hours ago, defkhan1 said:

Have people found any decent partners for Vessery? Vader doesnt work unless you resign yourself to a 2 ship list. I was gonna say Redline but ideally you want Vessery to be able to shoot first.

I was originally leaning towards two gunboats with FCS, but after toying around with redline he just seems like an obvious choice, and he can more or less fit in around the point cost of a generic gunboat.  Nothing else stands out yet though, I'm really going to miss the old holy trinity of vader/vessery/omega leader

Rexler Brath with Juke and HLC, 92
2 Alpha gunboats with arsenal loadout, proton torps, advanced SLAM and FCS, 50 each.
That's 192 total.

What do you guys think ? How would you spend the last points ?

Double Defenders

(84) Rexler Brath
(4) Juke
(5) Cluster Missiles
(3) Fire-Control System
Points 96

(86) Countess Ryad
(8) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
Points 100

Total points: 196

I've been putting a lot of thought into double defenders. This list is focused on countering swarms and ships that rely on range 1 synergies. 

Rexler first. FCS encourages him to take and hold a lock. While cluster missiles may only damage two targets, those ships would have to flip a damage card each. Juke works on both attacks too. If it's not a swarm list, juke and FCS are still helpful and two enemy ships may get close enough for at least one cluster missile shot.

Ryad is is the list to do what she does best, fly wild and arc dodge. The 4 point bid will hopefully help her out bid other Int 4s but even if she moves first, I will just Fly Better. 

2 hours ago, Shockley said:

Double Defenders

(84) Rexler Brath
(4) Juke
(5) Cluster Missiles
(3) Fire-Control System
Points 96

(86) Countess Ryad
(8) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
Points 100

Total points: 196

I've been putting a lot of thought into double defenders. This list is focused on countering swarms and ships that rely on range 1 synergies. 

Rexler first. FCS encourages him to take and hold a lock. While cluster missiles may only damage two targets, those ships would have to flip a damage card each. Juke works on both attacks too. If it's not a swarm list, juke and FCS are still helpful and two enemy ships may get close enough for at least one cluster missile shot.

Ryad is is the list to do what she does best, fly wild and arc dodge. The 4 point bid will hopefully help her out bid other Int 4s but even if she moves first, I will just Fly Better. 

I played a similar list on my first 2.0 game - I'll tell you right now that Juke is a waste here.  With only two ships you're typically hitting different targets, especially with how well Ryad can maneuver, so Juke, at best, prevents your opponent from using their Focus on offense.  I found both Ryad and Brath worked amazingly well with Advanced Sensors and Outmaneuver.  Brath doesn't have the same flexibility as Ryad, but his init 5 permits him to react better with a boost/4k.  I'd say at least half of my moves in the two games I've played with double Defenders were K-turns: lots of 4K with Brath and 3-5K with Ryad.  If you planned well and don't need to boost first then the K-turn gives you your Evade as well.  I've been fighting squirrely ships so I've used the boost more often than I'd like, but man is it ever potent.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Shockley said:

Ugh, list building is hard. I'm just going to fly HLC/Juke Rex with a "standard" 100 point Vader at my local shop's release party tournament...

(84) Rexler Brath
(4) Heavy Laser Cannon
(4) Juke
Points 92

(70) Darth Vader
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(3) Fire-Control System
(8) Afterburners
(7) Proton Rockets
Points 100

Total points: 192

May I humbly suggest adding FCS to Rex. Even after the nerf it is still a surprisingly good 3pt investment.