Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SOTL

Poll - Rate 2.0 Imperial Ships from 1-5 stars

Recommended Posts

Early days I think Imperials will be the faction to beat. I think Scum and Rebels will catch up once more upgrade choices become available, but atm most Imperial ships just look like solid choices, mostly because they can operate just fine without any upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Early days I think Imperials will be the faction to beat. I think Scum and Rebels will catch up once more upgrade choices become available, but atm most Imperial ships just look like solid choices, mostly because they can operate just fine without any upgrades.

I think that's true for a lot Rebel and Scum ships too, but it's more alien to the mindset of those players.

Ive got a Rebel and Scum squad in my bag for this evening, and only two upgrade card between the two squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Porkchop Express said:

Early days I think Imperials will be the faction to beat. I think Scum and Rebels will catch up once more upgrade choices become available, but atm most Imperial ships just look like solid choices, mostly because they can operate just fine without any upgrades.

Yes, and I like how most of the ships are hovering around the 3 mark. That is a sign that FFG did a pretty good job with balancing. There are some outliers (Aggressor on the weak side, Defenders and LNs on the strong side), but generally balance seems great to me..

Also, I would say goal is not to have all ships at exactly 3 mark, since that would be a bit boring.. There should be ships which make you excited / full of awe / terror (depending on which side of table they are on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Tie Interceptors do really well last night.  My opponent's dice were really strong and he flew them well.  I few one, but my dice were terrible.  A Punisher fired at R1 and did 2 damage with main guns.  I knew he was going to drop bombs and I was going to get out of there, but then I saw the Sloop.  I figured I'd try it.  I died in the bomb explosion.  

 

Lt. Kestal is not that much more expensive than a Generic Tie Aggressor, and her ability is pretty good to getting hits on Aces.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Lt. Kestal is not that much more expensive than a Generic Tie Aggressor, and her ability is pretty good to getting hits on Aces.  

Lt Kestal with Barrage Rockets and Ion Turret is only 48 pts. Seems like an interesting filler that could help push damage or lockdown an ace with Ion tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RStan said:

Lt Kestal with Barrage Rockets and Ion Turret is only 48 pts. Seems like an interesting filler that could help push damage or lockdown an ace with Ion tokens.

Agreed.  I've said it a few times on the forums that the price is right on Tie Aggressors, but been shouted down as a heretic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Agreed.  I've said it a few times on the forums that the price is right on Tie Aggressors, but been shouted down as a heretic.

I think the price probably is right, but the price on Bombers is too low and there's no reason to take an Aggressor instead now that the Bomber has a better dial, more health, and costs less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, i like how Tie Aggressor look but its kinda "meh". Sienar Specialist is 36p with 4+1 hit points and 2 green dice (+red Evade) for the same price I can get Tie Punisher with 6+3 hit points and 1 green dice with slightly worse dial (but with 0 stop!) or cheaper Tie Bomber [28 points] with 6 hit points, 2 green dice and little better dial (+ ship ability). All of these ships can get Mod. and Two Missiles. The Only thing that make Tie Agressor better is a Turret Slot. Lets hope when the re-release this chassisthey gave it some good turrets ? 

Edit: Its nice to know how ppl think about other ships - great idea with that Poll! 

Edited by Frodos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Frodos said:

Yea, i like how Tie Aggressor look but its kinda "meh". Sienar Specialist is 36p with 4+1 hit points and 2 green dice (+red Evade) for the same price I can get Tie Punisher with 6+3 hit points and 1 green dice with slightly worse dial (but with 0 stop!) or cheaper Tie Bomber [28 points] with 6 hit points, 2 green dice and little better dial (+ ship ability). All of these ships can get Mod. and Two Missiles. The Only thing that make Tie Agressor better is a Turret Slot. Lets hope when the re-release this chassisthey gave it some good turrets ? 

Edit: Its nice to know how ppl think about other ships - great idea with that Poll! 

 

Sienar Specialist is only 30 points, not 36.

 

Edited by Jo Jo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, viedit said:

Yeah, it's hard to rate that one in a vacuum.  Same way with a lot of ships in 1.0.  Dash was the YT-2400.  Rey was the resistance falcon.  Miranda was the K-wing.  Fenn Rau was the Fang Fighter.   And so on.

Yeah, but at least Old Terroch was pseudo viable, unlike Etahn Ebaht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...