HanScottFirst

[Small Thrawn: Alliances SPOILER] What if . . .

. . . in the TIE Defender repack, FFG adds Darth Vader as a TIE Defender pilot? How much would an I6, 3 force charge, Darth Vader pilot ability, TIE Defender possibly cost? 160 points base? Haha

They probably won't do that, but it is just a funny thought. Getting a free evade, then up to 3 other actions would be insane on a TIE Defender haha.

P.S. Great book, definitely reccomend it!

Vader has a 20 point premium over Steele in the TIE/x1, so I'd expect him to cost more than 104 points in a TIE/D. 104 is 20 points more than Rexler Brath, and the Force and Vader's ability are both better on the defender than the advanced. Maybe 120 or so?

Was pretty entertaining. Felt a little too much like a pure fan service crossover, but I didn't go in expecting Ninefox Gambit or even anything that challenged my conception of the fan favorite characters. 

Some nice mentions of Rebels stuff. Well worth the time. Can't wait to see Anakin in the Actis. Maybe we can get something Chiss as well. I have seen quite a few Clawcraft mock ups, but am not sure if that's appropriate for the Republic or CIS, since they are supposed to be based on TIE technology and all.

Edited by RebelProfundity
Formatting

46 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I believe it is that Vader flies a TIE Defender in part of the book.

He does.

He almost GASPS when he kicks it to full throttle the first time.

it goes along the lines of “Sith Lords do not Gasp, but if it had been the Jedi, he would have...”

Edited by Drasnighta

Oooohhh...

Why do you tease me so?

Now I can't live without Vader on a Defender. I'll pay 120 points for it, gladly. Pre movement boost + barrel roll, free evade, then a regular action, and you still have a force point left.

Slap FCS on him, use your free action to Lock, and then you have fully modded attack and defense, perfect positioning... On 7 health and 3 agility.

Yes... That's how Vader should feel like.

Make it happen, FFG, and I'll shut up about rebel bias forever... deal?

1 minute ago, Commander Kaine said:

Oooohhh...

Why do you tease me so?

Now I can't live without Vader on a Defender. I'll pay 120 points for it, gladly. Pre movement boost + barrel roll, free evade, then a regular action, and you still have a force point left.

Slap FCS on him, use your free action to Lock, and then you have fully modded attack and defense, perfect positioning... On 7 health and 3 agility.

He comes out of it and says “It’s impressive, but it needs to be FASTER and more heavily armed...”

Which is apparently the Defender “Elite” we see later in Rebels.

Just now, Drasnighta said:

He comes out of it and says “It’s impressive, but it needs to be FASTER and more heavily armed...”

Which is apparently the Defender “Elite” we see later in Rebels.

Well, these are my thoughts on the ship as well.

I'm hoping the Defender is going to be in one of the early waves for Empire, getting Marek Steele, Vult Skerris and the Elite configuration. AT LEAST.

If they throw in Vader, (they won't), I'd too happy to describe.

20 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Oooohhh...

Why do you tease me so?

As much as I would hate to face it.... Yah, I would like it to be in game. It isn't like there aren't good counters to single ace squads.

1 hour ago, Commander Kaine said:

I'm hoping the Defender is going to be in one of the early waves for Empire, getting Marek Steele, Vult Skerris and the Elite configuration. AT LEAST.

If they throw in Vader, (they won't), I'd too happy to describe.

3011387_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c8

A pack with Steele, Vult Skerris, Vader AND Elite configuration would be MONSTER!

(Put this painting for overkill effect.)