HolySorcerer

The Empire betrayed at Coruscant

To be perfectly honest, though, I DONT think the upgrades would be free if Palp was there

Like "oh it's Leia, boba, and DOUBLE DIGIT COST PALP...let's make him free because that's fair!!!!)

I'm convinced that the 0-points thing only came about when some enterprising organizer saw how ****** rebs + scum got and took some much needed pity on them 

On an unrelated note, looking forward to Boba Fett on Moralo. whoever's going, PLEASE dewit!

Edited by ficklegreendice

This is fair, I am so impressed by FFG for making such unexpected things. It makes the meta very unpredictable, and the game in general much more entertaining. I really love what they try to do in the V2

Plus, the punishment that players could basically have a free Sloane and instead, have ruthless. And imagining people creating several tweeter account for this! Ho boy, I have a good time!

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Bad Idea Comics said:

Really, Scum is the big loser here - no Boba Fett pilot, only crew.  And the Rebs get one or two uses of Leia in a game, max.  Ruthlessness can work throughout the game.  Get your blockers in there to guarantee hits - they're just meat for the grinder anyway (TIEs are the Doritos of Star Wars: crunch all you want, we'll make more).  In a way, this guarantees the Imps fly swarms, which is awesome.

This. The imperial whining here sometimes....

Also: The other thread about the rules-hole when two opponents with Boba crew are going against each other. Boba can be a liability actually.

17 hours ago, dsul413 said:

I do think all the talk about Rebel Bias is pretty funny considering how strong Imperials (and Scum) at least appear to be at the start of 2.0. I mean, we'll see how it plays out, but imps are in a good place.

I mean. Yeah, they are. 

But people reacted the same way when I complained about Imps in 1.0. 

Also. I do admit that imps are in a nice place now. But they were in a nice place after wave 1 of 1.0 as well. The #RealRebelBias was always about how FFG handled the discrepancies, not how they got created. I understand that design is difficult, and there are some innate problems with many things. That's not the issue. 

The issue was subsequent erratas, which often ignored problematic rebel pieces, as well as design that frankly didn't make sense from the beginning. 

For example: The Punisher and the K-Wing. I talked about this many times, but on the surface, the layman can argue that on a first glance the two ships are fairly balanced, but you only need to think a little bit more that while in theory, both ships had 1 reposition action (and the Punisher had the boost, one of the best actions in the game!), but due to the ship's reliance on ordnance, it could never use the action, and didn't even have a Talent slot to compensate for this with PTL. The K-Wing on the other hand, had ways to attack without using actions (turrets) and it could chain actions with Adv. Slam. 

This was a very serious problem with the Punisher. Seemingly the devs just didn't think a lot about this, yet they priced the two crafts similarly. 

Another is the problematic upgrades and cards on the rebel side. I don't think Palpatine was more of an NPE than Miranda+Sabine, but those were never touched. I understand the problem of re-wording sabine might have been difficult, but Miranda could have been fixed with two words (Primary only). 

Biggs was also left to fester for years. 

So I am happy that the imps are better than they were, and I am also happy that the cancer was reigned it. I HOPE that it will continue like this, but I will maintain my skepticism. 

Also, I don't think that the rebels have it particularly bad. There are a few ships I am disappointed by, but I have a few of those in every faction. 

I think both the B-Wing and the ARC could use some extra stuff, but I would guess that their upgrade slots provide them with ample benefit, if not now, then a few waves later. 

9 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

I do admit that imps are in a nice place now. But they were in a nice place after wave 1 of 1.0 as well. The #RealRebelBias was always about how FFG handled the discrepancies, not how they got created. I understand that design is difficult, and there are some innate problems with many things. That's not the issue. 

I agree Imps are in a seemingly good spot right now. But these are so fun to make.

download.jpg

On 8/14/2018 at 6:17 PM, HolySorcerer said:

So the result of the vote for the Coruscant invitational are up, and the Empire has been betrayed!  We voted for Ruthless because it would be the least restrictive on list building, but FFG now announces that the voted for upgrades will be 0 points for the event!  We could have had the Emperor by our side for no cost, instead we get a mediocre EPT at a one point discount.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Try 7 Black squadron Aces with Ruthless and an 18 point bid.

Better yet, try 6 Gamma Squadron Aces with ruthless and barrage rockets on 3 of them. That's a lot of health, and a lot of red dice, and a lot of mods, for stupid cheap.