Sign in to follow this  
Sciencius

Fly for Freedom: 2 Force users on a ghost - pooling of force-tokens

So in the "fly for freedom"-article (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/13/fly-for-freedom/), "The Specters" list sports a Kanan-Ghost with Ezra crew and mentiones that the Ghost then enjoys a combined force-pool of 3 force tokens (2 from Kanan, 1 from Ezra) which can be used on any effect either of their force abilities but also for attack/defence modification at any time - I was not aware of this "stacking" of force-tokens, that could get quite powerful. 

How is the force-token regen? I know there is only one regen for Kanan, but here there is also a crew? Do they both regen a force-token per round so a combined regen of 2 for this particular list?  

Edited by Sciencius

3 hours ago, Sciencius said:

So in the "fly for freedom"-article (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/13/fly-for-freedom/), "The Specters" list sports a Kanan-Ghost with Ezra crew and mentiones that the Ghost then enjoys a combined force-pool of 3 force tokens (2 from Kanan, 1 from Ezra) which can be used on any effect either of their force abilities but also for attack/defence modification at any time - I was not aware of this "stacking" of force-tokens, that could get quite powerful. 

How is the force-token regen? I know there is only one regen for Kanan, but here there is also a crew? Do they both regen a force-token per round so a combined regen of 2 for this particular list?  

It's in the RRG, you only ever recover 1 per round regardless of cards with the recover icon.

17 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

It's in the RRG, you only ever recover 1 per round regardless of cards with the recover icon.

« Some charge limits and all Force capacities have a Recurring charge symbol. During the End Phase, EACH CARD with a recurring charge symbol recovers one charge ».

Where did you saw it’s one total no matter how many upgrade cards you have with the recurring charge symbol ?

3 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

« Some charge limits and all Force capacities have a Recurring charge symbol. During the End Phase, EACH CARD with a recurring charge symbol recovers one charge ».

Where did you saw it’s one total no matter how many upgrade cards you have with the recurring charge symbol ?

"During the End Phase, each ship with a Force capacity recovers only one [Force token] regardless of the number of recurring charge symbols that appear on its upgrade cards"

Literally five paragraphs down from the quote you posted....

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

"During the End Phase, each ship with a Force capacity recovers only one [Force token] regardless of the number of recurring charge symbols that appear on its upgrade cards"

Literally five paragraphs down from the quote you posted....

To piggyback on this, it's also clarified that Force is always on the ship, even if it's gained from an upgrade card.

I'm stuck on the idea of Sabine with Juke and maybe Nien Numb.  Pre-move barrel roll and link to evade.  Perform a blue maneuver and then focus for action.  Not sure if that's worth 50 points with dorsal but she's interesting anyway.

24 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

No, Force has Force tokens, which work similarly to, but are distinct from, Charges.

“There are two types of charges: (standard charge) and (Force charge).”

both are a charge with different token.

7 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Hmm, slight segway.... So then Maul enables dice modification from his generated force tokens on a ship he is crewing regardless of the pilot having force abilities or not. He'd be a bigger boost to a force sensitive pilot, but to even a non-force user (I.E. Bossk) he is quite helpful. :)

1 minute ago, RedHotDice said:

So force-charges stack m'kay, but ordinary charges do not, right?

(Vaders afterburner do not have access 4 charges if he takes a missile?!?)

Likewise if one card havd a rechargeble charge, it does not apply to missiles/bombs etc.

Normal changes stay on cards that generate them (missiles, bombs, modification etc) and operate independently of each other.

Force chanrges from all upgrade cards are assigned to the pilot and regenerate at a rate of 1 per round, regardless how many sources you have.