Hawkstrike

2.0 Extremes Challenge

16 hours ago, Starnite_IV said:

1. 16 escape craft autopilot drones with 8 points left over and a 3 round game

Fortunately all the Escape Craft pilots are unique, so madness like this isn't possible. But if it were this would also easily be the most expensive list in dollars, since you'd need 16 Lando's Falcons and every one is $40!

In a bid to actually win most expensive list ($$), here's the most I could do with that:

Autopilot Drone (12)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)

Outer Rim Pioneer (24)

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (26)

Trandoshan Slaver (58)
Hound's Tooth (1)

Nashtah Pup (6)

Palob Godalhi (38)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 199

You'd need four Lando's Falcons, a YV-666, a Z-95, a HWK-290, and both the Scum and Rebel conversion kits to fly this (really, really bad) list. At MSRP that's $310 before taxes and assuming the Core Set.

Best I can do for Rebels is this:

Warden Squadron Pilot (40)
Barrage Rockets (6)

Ezra Bridger (Attack Shuttle)(41)
Maul (13)

Lieutenant Blount (30)
Afterburners (8)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (23)
Afterburners (8)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (23)
Afterburners (8)

Total: 200

This list requires all three conversion kits (because Maul is only in the Scum kit and Barrage Rockets are only in the Imperial kit) as well as a K-Wing, a Ghost, three Z-95s, and two Fangs (cheapest way to get the extra Afterburners). At MSRP all this is $265.

And for Imperials I came up with this:

Cutlass Squadron Pilot (36)
BT-1 (2)

Scarif Base Pilot (41)
Darth Vader (14)

Alpha Squadron Pilot (34)

Total: 199

This list requires two Imperial conversion kits and one Scum conversion kit as well as three Punishers, a Reaper, and an Interceptor, for a total MSRP of $225. I discovered I had a convenient way of forcing Imperials to buy three conversion kits but couldn't also force them to buy Fang Fighters for Afterburners (because Punishers are medium-base).

Incidentally, it's easy to make more expensive lists than these in First Edition. Just look at this (admittedly silly) list, which requires three Ghosts, a Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, Most Wanted, a TIE Reaper, a Quadjumper, a Phantom II, two Jumpmasters (or four Inquisitor's TIEs), a Mist Hunter, a U-Wing, Saw's Renegades, a T-65 and a T-70 X-Wing, and a  Z-95, for a staggering $565. This hilariously awful Scum squad totals $665.   I discovered while making that Scum squad that the Tantive IV comes with one copy of a crew card that's limited but not unique and can be used by any faction, which led to this abomination, requiring four corvettes and four Ghosts (along with some other junk) for a total of $710, and my masterpiece, which requires three Corvettes, an Assault Carrier, a Raider, two Imperial Veterans, three TIE Bombers, a Lambda Shuttle, Saw's Renegades, a TIE Reaper, a U-Wing, a TIE Defender or Z-95, a Shadow Caster or VT-49, a Starwing, a TIE Punisher, and an Upsilon Shuttle for a grand total of $775.

And for those who would point out (quite correctly) that these lists are a deliberate attempt to spend as much money as possible and First Edition lists aren't actually that expensive, this is what I flew to a Store Championship this weekend, totaling $285 if you use the Force Awakens damage deck (which I did), which is more than the most expensive Rebel or Imperial lists I could make would cost in Second Edition. Having all the upgrade cards in (mostly) one place is a really big deal.

2 hours ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

4 CLoaked Imdaar Phantoms with Stealth Device is a total of 20 green dice, 24 at Range 3

28 behind rocks.

Don't short-change yourself!

Though 8 TIES are a total 24 green dice or 40 green dice at rng 3 behind rocks.  (that's for number 8  )

Edited by Bad Idea Comics

On 8/12/2018 at 6:00 AM, Hawkstrike said:

6. What's the most damage a single ship can do in an activation?

Possibly Deathfire loaded out with:

Advanced Protons Torps + Proton Rockets, Bomblet, and skilled Bombardier.

Deathfire is range 1 and has bullseye of an enemy ship and has a TL from a previous round or passed by coordinate against that ship with a focus. He activates in the engagement phase and shoots either the APTs or Proton Rocket at the enemy ship. 5 dice, potential for 5 dmg. He gets destroyed, he then fires the other ordnance for another 5 dice attack moving up the potential max damage to 10. Then he launches the bomblet at speed 4 with the Skilled Bombardier which could reach a range 1 target (especially a large base). Then you roll for bomblet 2 dice which has the potential to for another 2 damage. That's 12 potential damage against a single target in 1 round. Plus more if there are other enemy ships in the blast radius of the bomblet.

2 hours ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

28 behind rocks.

Don't short-change yourself!

Though 8 TIES are a total 24 green dice or 40 green dice at rng 3 behind rocks.  (that's for number 8  )

You can also fit two Stealth Devices into a list of 8 Academy Pilots. 42 green dice, baby.

#19 Sai  + Soontir isn't a single activation; some of those actions occur during Sai's activation, the others during Soontir's.

I think Lando (+ Perceptive Copilot) & Jake Farrell are likely candidates for the action chain award.

Lando activates and performs a blue maneuver. He uses his ability to give Jake an action, which Jake uses to barrel roll [1]. Jake uses his ability to perform a focus action [2]. Jake links a red boost to the focus [3] (he is now stressed). Jake uses his ability to give Lando a focus action [4] to which Perceptive Copilot adds another Focus token [5?]. Lando then has his own Perform Action step [6?] and his activation then ends.

That's 6 actions or action-like effects within a single ship's activation, assuming the additional token counts.

EDIT - If you REALLY want to get silly and/or split hairs, you could also put C-3P0 crew on the Falcon so that when Lando finally gets to his perform action step, he can calculate [6...] and then get a free calculate token [7!!].

DOUBLE EDIT - Unrelated, but for fewest HP in a viable list, it's gotta be Corran + Ezra (Attack Shuttle), the pair of which could cost you as much as 196 points (194 if you don't count the Phantom title) but between them bring to the table a grand total of only 10 HP. If you don't consider that a viable list, and I wouldn't blame you, substitute Fenn Rau for Ezra and the total is 11 HP.

Two TIE Phantoms would also be only 10 HP, as would a solo Dash Rendar, but even maxing out their upgrade costs both lists would be leaving large bids Which is a shame, because solo Dash with Luke gunner kinda sounds workable.

TRIPLE EDIT - except I forgot about Interceptors, which you can definitely (foolishly) kit out for a full 9 health list.

Edited by nexttwelveexits
sneaky!

On 8/12/2018 at 2:00 PM, Hawkstrike said:

19. What's the most actions or action-like effects you can pull off in one activation?

This might be a little against the spirit of the question, but you can have a list with 2 U-Wings, and 3 Sheathipedes, one with Baze Malbus crew. Sheath 1 activates, and coordinates an action to Sheath 2, who coordinates to Sheath 3, who coordinates to U-Wing 1, who coordinates to U-Wing 2, who coordinates back to Sheath 1, who focuses, and uses Baze to get another 2 focus tokens. 

That's 5 coordinate actions, one focus action, and 2 extra focus tokens, for a total of 8 'actions or action-like effects'.

(Although you could make a case for there only being 3)

9 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

This might be a little against the spirit of the question, but you can have a list with 2 U-Wings, and 3 Sheathipedes, one with Baze Malbus crew. Sheath 1 activates, and coordinates an action to Sheath 2, who coordinates to Sheath 3, who coordinates to U-Wing 1, who coordinates to U-Wing 2, who coordinates back to Sheath 1, who focuses, and uses Baze to get another 2 focus tokens. 

That's 5 coordinate actions, one focus action, and 2 extra focus tokens, for a total of 8 'actions or action-like effects'.

(Although you could make a case for there only being 3)

If you get credit for all them coordinates then I get credit for Lando's pilot ability being coordinate-like and now I'm at 8 too so there. ?

On 8/12/2018 at 6:00 AM, Hawkstrike said:

7. What's the most green dice you can throw in one defense

Talonbane Cobra with stealth device and cloaking device can roll 7 green dice at range 3 while cloaked. 8 if there is an obstruction.

Edit: I just noticed the example to beat. Add the same two findsmen and this ties it....

Edited by Hiemfire

3 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

What's the build?

Dash Rendar (100)
Outmaneuver (6)
Proton Rockets (7)
Luke Skywalker (30)
Kanan Jarrus (14)
Static Discharge Vanes (6)
Outrider (14)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)

Total: 182

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

vs

Kanan Jarrus (90)
Supernatural Reflexes (12)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
C-3PO (12)
Perceptive Copilot (10)
Static Discharge Vanes (6)
Luke Skywalker (30)
Ion Cannon Turret (6)

Total: 175

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

11 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Talonbane Cobra with stealth device and cloaking device can roll 7 green dice at range 3 while cloaked. 8 if there is an obstruction.

Edit: I just noticed the example to beat. Add the same two findsmen and this ties it....

Actually, you can fit a 3rd Gand Findsman in there! 

Totalling 11 (Agility 2 + stealth + Range 3 + Rock + Talonbane ability + Cloaked + 3 scramblers obstructing) 

Nicely done! 

Edited by player2072913

2 hours ago, player2072913 said:

Actually, you can fit a 3rd Gand Findsman in there! 

Totalling 11 (Agility 2 + stealth + Range 3 + Rock + Talonbane ability + Cloaked + 3 scramblers obstructing) 

Nicely done! 

I'm fairly confident scramblers don't stack just like in 1.0. So they will only ever net you 1 extra die no matter how many are in the way.

3 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

I'm fairly confident scramblers don't stack just like in 1.0. So they will only ever net you 1 extra die no matter how many are in the way.

The text on them is 'While you obstruct an enemy ship's attack, the defender rolls 1 additional defense die.', so I see no reason why they wouldn't stack? 

5 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Nothing in the RR that specifies it, and according to FFGs golden rules the wording on the cards trump both the base rules and rules reference.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:00 AM, Hawkstrike said:

18. What's the most devices you can put on one ship? In a list?

20. What's the most device tokens you can have on the table at the end of a System phase from a single list (count cluster mines as one token)?

The answer to all three can be provided by one very entertaining list.

The most devices possible on one ship is, disappointingly, just four: two devices, each with two charges.

The most ships with four devices possible in one list is five (you can't fit another ship even with just a single device in the minimal list of five Scimitars each with Seismic Charges and Proton Bombs, which is as efficient as we're able to be without using more than one of the same upgrade). So that's a total of 20 devices.

And if we're interested in covering the board in as many devices as possible in a single System phase, then we want as many mines as possible. If the opposing player cooperates, this squad could drop ten proximity mines and then all five ships could drop Seismic Charges simultaneously, leading to a system phase with 15 devices on the board (plus whatever the opposing player may have dropped).

My challenge: what's the most ineffective squad you can build for 200 points? We can't put a Tractor Beam on Outrider anymore, but we can include the Autopilot Drone in a list without the Lando's Falcon Title:

Autopilot Drone (12)

Constable Zuvio (33)
Maul (13)
Inertial Dampeners (1)

Cartel Spacer (29)
Shield Upgrade (*)
Hardpoint: Cannon (0)
Jamming Beam (2)

Freighter Captain (46)
Cad Bane (4)
Greedo (1)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Stealth Device (*)

Dace Bonearm (36)
Ketsu Onyo (5)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Electronic Baffle (2)
Munitions Failsafe (2)

Total: 200

My favorite part of this list is that Greedo costs points but actively hurts you.