Sign in to follow this  
Delta8

Firespray has pilot not in conversion kit

Frost...in 2.0 firespray expansion but not in conversion kit.  Also now moldy crow hwk title in conversion kit i hear.  Mistake or do expansions have a pilot conversion kits dont have?

You're not the first person to be worried about this. The firespray pilot in question (as well as the other new pilots not listed in the contents and the Marauder firespray title) are in fact in the conversion kit. They're just in separate bags inside the kit, presumably because they were added later in development.

The Moldy Crow title, however, is not in the Scum kit. The rebel kit does not include Maul and the Imperial kit does not include the "killbots," either, unfortunately.

Edited by Squark

1 minute ago, Squark said:

You're not the first person to be worried about this. The firespray pilot in question (as well as the other new pilots not listed in the contents, as well as the marauder firespray title) are in fact in the conversion kit. They're just in separate bags inside the kit.

The Moldy Crow title, however, is not in the Scum kit, unfortunately. The rebel kit does not include Maul and the Imperial kit does not include the "killbots," either, unfortunately.

What about the Valen Rudor Defender? 

We have seen a few images about him, I think he was in the trailer, but nothing else since. 

Just now, Commander Kaine said:

What about the Valen Rudor Defender? 

We have seen a few images about him, I think he was in the trailer, but nothing else since. 

Either bumped to a future expansion or cut entirely. It's weird.

The conversion kits do not contain all content for each ship.

For example each expansion in the future will add pilots for the included ships. You will have to purchase the expansion to get them.

The conversion kits do not provide a complete conversion for all existing ships, only enough starter contents to get you playing.  Future content  is not included, even if you slready owned it in 1.0

6 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

For example each expansion in the future will add pilots for the included ships. You will have to purchase the expansion to get them.

The conversion kits do not provide a complete conversion for all existing ships, only enough starter contents to get you playing.  Future content  is not included, even if you slready owned it in 1.0

To elaborate further, 1.0 had Luke pilot so you get Luke 2.0 in the conversion. 1.0 had TLT but 2.0 doesn't so you don't get it. Afterburners is in 2.0 but not 1.0 so it's not in the conversion kit... but is in wave 1 so it comes in a bag with the corresponding faction's kit. Any rerelease ship outside of wave 1 only has content in the conversion kit for pilots and abilities directly transferring to (keeping the same name in) 2.0.

Koshka Frost DOES come in the conversion kit. This is a screencap from the BoLS unboxing video. That is the contents of the additional bag that comes in each conversion kit (one in each faction box). They DO NOT feature on the component list for the box (which is where some of the confusion is coming from). There is just an additional baggie in each box that has the pilots/cards/bases from the Wave 1 expansion packs.

4xevp0o.jpg

The Empire one contains the 3 other Inferno Squad pilots for the Tie (Del, Gideon and Seyn) and Ved Folso for the Advance.

The Rebel one contains Thane for the X and Norra and Evaan for the Y.

Again, these are NOT listed on the conversion pack contents list, so some are assuming they are not in there. But unboxing vids from various sites have proven they are, just in a random baggie inside the box.

Edited by InterceptorMad

11 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

Well, they can't include content that doesn't exist yet without a time machine. They have said that there will be a way to get that content without buying the expansion, though.

12 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

For the benefit of people reading this who might not be following the news behind 2.0 too closely, I want to clarify that this is false. FFG have explicitly stated that there will be a path to obtaining the cards from 2.0 re-releases of ships without buying the whole expansion. 

10 hours ago, player2072913 said:

FFG have explicitly stated that there will be a path to obtaining the cards from 2.0 re-releases of ships without buying the whole expansion. 

Yep FFG said that.  Check the early May interviews by Covenant, just after the initial announcement.

11 hours ago, Squark said:

Well, they can't include content that doesn't exist yet without a time machine. They have said that there will be a way to get that content without buying the expansion, though.

Why are you telling me the thing that I said as though you are informing me?

Thats pretty weird.

11 hours ago, player2072913 said:

For the benefit of people reading this who might not be following the news behind 2.0 too closely, I want to clarify that this is false. FFG have explicitly stated that there will be a path to obtaining the cards from 2.0 re-releases of ships without buying the whole expansion. 

Incorrect. This is an assumption on your part, based on a several month old remark

FFG have not committed to providing free components in the future. 

They HAVE implied that some contents could be aqquired outside expansions in some way(for purchase? Rebate? Who knows)... but Without explaining or how this works or committing to it the statement is meaningless. 

11 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

FFG have not committed to providing free components in the future. 

They HAVE implied that some contents could be aqquired outside expansions in some way(for purchase? Rebate? Who knows)... but Without explaining or how this works or committing to it the statement is meaningless. 

1.  Nobody has ever stated it would be free, either here or FFG

2.  They have SAID, not IMPLIED, that content from ships that have already been released will be available separately.  They haven't specifically stated how, and they never committed to new content i.e. Lando's Falcon being available in this manner, but it was not a "maybe", it was a "this will happen, we just haven't worked out exactly how yet".

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

1.  Nobody has ever stated it would be free, either here or FFG

2.  They have SAID, not IMPLIED, that content from ships that have already been released will be available separately.  They haven't specifically stated how, and they never committed to new content i.e. Lando's Falcon being available in this manner, but it was not a "maybe", it was a "this will happen, we just haven't worked out exactly how yet".

Yes?

Again, my arguement is that FFG will not give you free components of future content.  

They may(or may not) offer alternatives to buying full expansions in the future. FFG themselves may be unsure at this time. The information isnt available to us yet

What exactly are you trying to correct me on?