Prosk_019

Small idea for a 2.0 tie/d title

I'd like for the tie/d title to return to 2.0 because it was my favorite of the two to run on defenders in 1.0. From what I can tell, defenders are doing quite well. Nevertheless, in the instance of powercreep or just for the sake of build diversity, I could see the tie/d title use a charge mechanic similar to the likes of Tarkin to double tap every other round or every third round. You could price it so that no two uniques could take it at the same time.

We don't have the same means to properly mod two attacks in 2.0 without support, though fcs could be a factor.

What do you think? Too risky? Four charge requirement? Inconsistent with double taps provided by other upgrades which have prerequisites?

Card Name
Charges 2

Immediately before you perform your attack during the engagement phase, you may spend 1 charge. If you do, you may perform a Bonus Attack with an equipped Cannon upgrade versus an enemy in your bullseye arc.

Recover 1 charge when you fully perform a speed 1- 2 maneuver.

This way they're not just 4k'ing with evade and double tap every round.

Personally, I'd make this: "When you perform a cannon attack, you may roll 1 fewer attack die.  If you do, after attacking you may perform a bonus primary attack, rolling 1 fewer attack die."  For example, if you line up a Heavy Laser Cannon attack, you get a 3-dice attack like you'd normally have, but then get an extra 2-dice attack on the same target.  Range 1 with an ion cannon is a pair of 3-dice attacks.  There's a lot of strong synergies, too.  Juke works on both attacks, so your opponent almost surely won't have focus for both attacks.  Rexler Brath can two damage cards on the defender.

Even this I figure costs at least 5 points.

This was basically my take (Note the card builder doesn't have a functioning Cannon icon for some reason.)

892909096_LinkedBattery.jpg.64a1f34b49238c299db016e8f3ad8041.jpg

I was thinking Cannon slot, 6pts. So you could use it with Clusters to Double Tap in an ammo efficient way, or with Prockets for one REALLY BIG alpha, or anything in between.

To be honest, it was really made with the B-Wing in mind, but well, there's no disguising where the ability came from.

I like these ideas. Reducing dice when you double tap is really cool and makes logical sense, so does reducing your speed to get back charges. Honestly, there are so many interesting ways to do this I can't decide what I like more. Perhaps whatever is simplest?

I'm thinking:

2 non-recurring charges.

Spend 2 to get the cannon shot before your primary.

Speed 1-2 maneuvers regen charges.

3-5pts?

It could be any slot but it depends on how powerful you think it will be with fcs.

I wouldn't even word this as an extra attack or bonus attack since spending results is a mechanic now. Seems more streamlined to me to just have it all happen in the same attack.

Fire-Linked Cannon: TIE/D only, Cannon, maybe 5ish points.

Setup: Place 1 Ion, Tractor Beam, or Jam token on this card.

While you perform a primary weapon attack, you may cancel 1 [hit], [crit], or [eye] result to assign `1 token to the defender of the type that is on this card.

This isn't necessarily better than an ion cannon since it can't inflict multiple ion tokens, and it's definitely better than Jamming and Tractor Beam because it can still deal damage and works at Range 3.