Ghostofman

Rise of the Separatists Era Book

Starlord: Corellian Scoundrel-Charmer
Gamora: Twi'lek Bounty Hunter-Assassin/Martial Artist
Rocket: Drall (I need the INT for his mechanics) Technician-Outlaw Tech/Rigger
Drax: Dowutin Hired Gun-Marauder
Groot(GOTG1 Adult): Neti, obviously, but if you're looking for species done for FFG, then probably a very different looking Phylodon Colonist-Doctor 

On 8/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, whafrog said:

Ug.  So tired of the pablum crowd.  Maybe you could ponder the fact that stuffing an entire byzantine political plot along with character arcs and world building and other development into 3 standard length movies means taking shortcuts in presentation.  Hence the cringe-inducing dialogue and clear lines of good vs evil.  There's not a lot of time for nuance.

The Clone Wars series makes it pretty clear that even if Dooku is evil at heart, the reasons for the existence of the CIS are legitimate.  Most of the members of CIS never see the evil side of Dooku, and hence chalk up all such talk to propaganda.  TCW was Lucas' third baby, where he fleshed out all those ideas you think he didn't have.

It’s great that even George Lucas is part of the crowd you labeled the “pablum crowd.”

”Maybe I went too far...” -George Lucas after the screening of the Phantom Menance.

I urge you to read the “making of” series centered on the OT and watch as truly creative people jump ship by the end of Return of the Jedi. Had Lucas created the prequels with a team of people he believed were his peers we wouldn’t have had “cringe worthy dialogue” and things might’ve developed naturally instead of suddenly and without seeming provocation. 

There’s also the well known concept that great film makers can introduce grand sweeping concepts within the timeframe of one movie, yet alone three. Justifying otherwise is... well... very indicative of the actual pablum crowd.

Also thanks for cutting out the rest of my quote where I show how you can have the civil war plot actually affect Anakin in a meaningful way within the frame of the movie. Cause I’m sure to you things like character arcs should be dismissed for grand sweeping background noise.

Edited by Flavorabledeez

On 8/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, ColonelCommissar said:

I feel that they will likely include major characters from Episode II as well as the early Clone Wars, so Jango Fett is likely to appear as a fan favourite (and to give all the EotE Bounty Hunters a nice yardstick). I believe they will likely include (besides those we know of):

Jedi - Anakin, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Yoda, and two or three B-list Jedi

Republic - Padme, Rex, Cody, Yularen, maybe (very very maybe) Palpatine

Separatists - Ventress, Grievous, the Separatist Council, also Palpatine? And I really really hope Durge gets a look-in

Scum and/or Villainy - Jango Fett, HONDO (a name that can only be announced the way he does)

The above is however a very tentative suggestion, and they may include many more, much less or somewhere in-between.

The first wotc durge mini looks like awesome flightsuit power armor I got 4 or 5 of them for use in a rifts like setting 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:03 PM, Daeglan said:

The computers are likely analog instead of digital.

Considering that digital computers first appeared in the 1950s and analog computers have been around since... forever, someone who knew what an analog computer is probably wouldn't get his mind blown by a digital computer. The divide in technological understanding at the time was due to the majority of the developed world still being agrarian. Star Wars can have digital computers but so long as they're not ubiquitous or connected into some sort of searchable, galaxy-spanning Internet-analog, they're appropriately Star Wars.

Biological computers and other cutting edge and theoretical science-fiction concepts would probably be out of bounds.

5 hours ago, Concise Locket said:

Considering that digital computers first appeared in the 1950s and analog computers have been around since... forever, someone who knew what an analog computer is probably wouldn't get his mind blown by a digital computer. The divide in technological understanding at the time was due to the majority of the developed world still being agrarian. Star Wars can have digital computers but so long as they're not ubiquitous or connected into some sort of searchable, galaxy-spanning Internet-analog, they're appropriately Star Wars.

Biological computers and other cutting edge and theoretical science-fiction concepts would probably be out of bounds.

What i find interesting is analog computers are making a comeback....

On 8/18/2018 at 1:54 PM, KRKappel said:

Starlord: Corellian Scoundrel-Charmer
Gamora: Twi'lek Bounty Hunter-Assassin/Martial Artist
Rocket: Drall (I need the INT for his mechanics) Technician-Outlaw Tech/Rigger
Drax: Dowutin Hired Gun-Marauder
Groot(GOTG1 Adult): Neti, obviously, but if you're looking for species done for FFG, then probably a very different looking Phylodon Colonist-Doctor 

Come on, Gamora is a Mirialan or I'm Rockets uncle.

48 minutes ago, Darth Revenant said:

Come on, Gamora is a Mirialan or I'm Rockets uncle.

I mean, technically she's very cyborged, whatever she is. Isn't there a species that gets a bonus or less a penalty to taking on cybernetic enhancements? Mechanically speaking, she should probably be that. 

38 minutes ago, KRKappel said:

I mean, technically she's very cyborged, whatever she is. Isn't there a species that gets a bonus or less a penalty to taking on cybernetic enhancements? Mechanically speaking, she should probably be that. 

Have we seen the same movies/read the same material regarding Gamora?

Unless you’re talking about amending her in this game via cybernetics to get a better in game performance out of her stats she should NOT have any cybernetic enhancements. Gamora is, through training and natural ability, the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. It’s Nebula who is the walking Tinker Toy set.

45 minutes ago, KRKappel said:

That would be Gank from Lords of Nal Hutta

3 hours ago, Flavorabledeez said:

Have we seen the same movies/read the same material regarding Gamora?

Unless you’re talking about amending her in this game via cybernetics to get a better in game performance out of her stats she should NOT have any cybernetic enhancements. Gamora is, through training and natural ability, the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. It’s Nebula who is the walking Tinker Toy set.

Going by her MCU bio, Gamora's had some bionic enhancement/augmentation, but her upgrades are all fairly subtle, something that Star Wars cybernetics (at least anything that augments one's performance) typically aren't.  Luke's replacement hand in ESB and RotJ could pass as normal, but it wasn't anything more than a replica of his lost hand.  Though I do agree that Gamora probably wouldn't be loaded up to the gills with cybernetics.

Nebula's definitely got SW-style cybernetic augmentation however.

I think the movie line in Guardians 2 is something to the effect of, if you lost a fight as one of thanos' children, you got a cybernetic replacement to be stronger. Nebula lost a LOT. Gamora less so. All the cybernetics between both of them are subtle. Nebula is capable of looking like she has zero enhancement. 

I had the impression those silver bumps aren't just species related or decorative, it's indicative of cybernetic enhancement. 
cb8bfce3-4c73-40fa-8d15-e41416c860e5.jpg 

Note that child gamora doesn't seem to have them. 
e415c56382da20e5f9489a5141a3690a.jpg

And, of course, there's this from Guardians 1. 
gamora_1.png

4 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

It means we might see it by the holidays. 

28 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Boat ti.e is typically 6 to 8 weeks. 2 weeks between shipping now and in stores. 

That would be fantastic.  At the time of the announcement I was thinking we were probably going to see this book next year.  But by Thanksgiving or Christmas would be a blessing. 

31 minutes ago, Ahrimon said:

Based on the speed I'm guessing that they're using a US based manufacturer and it'll go quicker.

I heard a rumour they switched after the boat impounding incident. Is this just rumor, or did they really switch to a printer in 'merca?