Ghostofman

Rise of the Separatists Era Book

32 minutes ago, Morninghasbroken said:

Any speculation that this book will contain statistics for Jango Fett or Grievous?  

Grievous is likely seeing as how he plays a fairly major role in the tv series.

Jango's dead when the Clone Wars proper kick off, so unless they're going to cover personalities who were prominent before the early portion of the Clone Wars, he's not all that likely to pop his head in.

I feel that they will likely include major characters from Episode II as well as the early Clone Wars, so Jango Fett is likely to appear as a fan favourite (and to give all the EotE Bounty Hunters a nice yardstick). I believe they will likely include (besides those we know of):

Jedi - Anakin, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Yoda, and two or three B-list Jedi

Republic - Padme, Rex, Cody, Yularen, maybe (very very maybe) Palpatine

Separatists - Ventress, Grievous, the Separatist Council, also Palpatine? And I really really hope Durge gets a look-in

Scum and/or Villainy - Jango Fett, HONDO (a name that can only be announced the way he does)

The above is however a very tentative suggestion, and they may include many more, much less or somewhere in-between.

16 minutes ago, ColonelCommissar said:

Separatists - Ventress, Grievous, the Separatist Council, also Palpatine? And I really really hope Durge gets a look-in

Scum and/or Villainy - Jango Fett, HONDO (a name that can only be announced the way he does)

Seps need Admiral Trench and Riff Tamsen too.

Scum needs Cad Bane more than anybody along with, possibly, young Boba Fett and Aurra Sing

11 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Scum needs Cad Bane more than anybody along with, possibly, young Boba Fett and Aurra Sing

Definitely Admiral Trench, one of my favourites. I think Tamson fits into the timeframe for the book, though if the next one is more Separatist-focused he may appear there alongside a writeup of his species. I'd completely forgotten about Cad Bane, he should definitely be in there. The others may appear too, they were fairly important characters, and the EotE section of this book would probably be decidedly lacking otherwise.

Edited by ColonelCommissar

Seems we're all on similar pages RE stat expectations. Personally hoping we get basic rival/minion stats for all the commonly used models of CIS battle droids, and for the various types of Clone/ARC trooper. Named characters are fun, but some versatility would be much appreciated too. (And there's no telling which side of the war a group might want to be on).

Wouldn't mind if they tossed in some Sith "freelancer" stats, though - Maul and Savage were pretty epic in the later episodes of TCW.

28 minutes ago, ColonelCommissar said:

I seriously doubt they'll bother stating out any members of the Separatist Council or Sidious's specific guise for this particular book. Sidious mostly seems to appear as a hologram to members of the Separatist's government officials, with Dooku being the only exception that I can remember off the top of my head, and while he's obviously manipulating all of them, he's not representative of the narrative for the Confederacy's supposed position in the war the same way Dooku, Ventress and Grievous are. The council members get so little time devoted to them in TCW or the films it'd feel hard to justify their inclusion.

I'd personally like the Seps to get stats for Grievous, Admiral Trench and Ventress to go with Dooku, and I don't personally think we'll get more than four out of this book anyway. If we're being really indulgent and they actually do choose a couple council members, I think it'd have to be Gunray and Poggle. What would their careers even be though? 

More importantly, I hope we get Talzin and some other Nightsister stats soon, since they did play a pretty big role in how things went down in the galaxy during the Clone Wars, but that's probably something I'll have to wait for another supplement on.

3 minutes ago, Cten said:

I'd personally like the Seps to get stats for Grievous, Admiral Trench and Ventress to go with Dooku, and I don't personally think we'll get more than four out of this book anyway. If we're being really indulgent and they actually do choose a couple council members, I think it'd have to be Gunray and Poggle. What would their careers even be though?

Their careers would be "NPC."

18 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Their careers would be "NPC."

I suppose I should have worded that question a bit differently! "What kind of stats would those characters even have?" would have been better. 

22 minutes ago, Cten said:

I suppose I should have worded that question a bit differently! "What kind of stats would those characters even have?" would have been better. 

What kinds of stats? That's easy: Six characteristics, a WT, a ST, some skills, maybe a few talents and/or special abilities.?

8 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

Slightly related:

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2016/10/controlling-the-narrative-a-discussion-with-pablo-hidalgo-contd/

"And I think that’s kind of important, I think part of the Star Wars DNA that I don’t ever want to forget is that it’s accessible from a certain point in history. My yardstick – and not that this is an iron-clad rule – is that any Star Wars story you’re trying to tell should be understandable for an audience from, say, the 1930s or 1940s. You shouldn’t have technology in it that completely jumps ahead of anything that they may have a pre-digital analog of. So you can dress up a poster as a hologram or an electronic transmission, but ultimately it’s still going to look like something that could’ve been imagined by someone who was living and creating art in, say, the 1930s or 1940s. "

The computers are likely analog instead of digital.

8 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

What kinds of stats? That's easy: Six characteristics, a WT, a ST, some skills, maybe a few talents and/or special abilities.?

English isn't my first language, but I am fairly positive that the phrase "kind of stats" (not "kinds of stats") vaguely refers to something in their totality, and the other phrase refers to types of an object within a category. Substituting one for the other as you have done rather changes the meaning of the sentence; unless I'm wrong, of course. 

That's more than enough attempts to clarify a broad and speculative question on my part though, since it was largely rhetorical. 

I would really like to start a campaign after I'm done with or rapping up my current one with my players as a squad of clones with separate roles but I doubt they will provide the specs to do so (rifleman, support gunner, medic, at trooper/assault, marksman, etc) likely if i want to do this i would have to have like an officer and a few troopers as that is more likely to be the spec depth. 

Edited by Ripjaw1206

21 minutes ago, Ripjaw1206 said:

I would really like to start a campaign after I'm done with or rapping up my current one with my players as a squad of clones with separate roles but I doubt they will provide the specs to do so (rifleman, support gunner, medic, at trooper/assault, marksman, etc) likely if i want to do this i would have to have like an officer and a few troopers as that is more likely to be the spec depth. 

For that, I would suggest having them all start with one of the Clone specs, and then letting them pick any one spec from AoR or EotE (within reason) as their own role. Unless you don't allow out-of-career purchasing, that should solve your problem just fine.

2 hours ago, Ripjaw1206 said:

I would really like to start a campaign after I'm done with or rapping up my current one with my players as a squad of clones with separate roles but I doubt they will provide the specs to do so 

?

rifleman

Soldier: Commando or Hired Gun: Merc Soldier.

support gunner,

Soldier/Hired Gun: Heavy

medic

Soldier:Medic

, at trooper/

Heavy+AT weapon

assault

Soldier: Vanguard

marksman

Soldier: Sharpshooter

19 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Cad Bane would be an interesting addition.  Adversary 3, ranged light 5, deadly blows.

Always wanted to run a campaign set during the 10 year period between Episode 1 and 2, aka the "Separatist Crisis" era.  The PCs would be a special task force developed by the Republic to serve alongside the Jedi in safekeeping the known galaxy.  

4 hours ago, Morninghasbroken said:

Cad Bane would be an interesting addition.  Adversary 3, ranged light 5, deadly blows.

Always wanted to run a campaign set during the 10 year period between Episode 1 and 2, aka the "Separatist Crisis" era.  The PCs would be a special task force developed by the Republic to serve alongside the Jedi in safekeeping the known galaxy.  

From what I could find, the Separatist Crisis only spanned about 2-3 years before the Battle of Geonosis sparked the Clone Wars. During the other 7-8 years, Dooku was drawing up the plans with Sidious and learning how to get his Sith on.

Edited by HappyDaze

2 hours ago, Voltron64 said:

Well this Era Book, I can finally begin my dream campaign to have the PCs play as expies of the film-version Guardians of the Galaxy during the Prequel Era and serve as one unbelievably gigantic Spanner in the Works to Palpatine.

Massively off-topic: how would you build each character? And is Groot a Neti?

46 minutes ago, ColonelCommissar said:

Massively off-topic: how would you build each character? And is Groot a Neti?

I'd say SW Starlord would be a Human obviously, Gamorea a Twilek, Dax a Wookiee, Rocket a Jawa with a penchant for explosives, and Mantis would be a Zeltron.

2 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

I'd say SW Starlord would be a Human obviously, Gamorea a Twilek, Dax a Wookiee, Rocket a Jawa with a penchant for explosives, and Mantis would be a Zeltron.

Nah, Rocket's a Chadra-Fan using Hired Gun/Demolitionist ?

Personally, I'd see a Gamora expy as being more a Mirilian Spy/Infiltrator (she's pretty, but she is so not a social character).