Ghostofman

Rise of the Separatists Era Book

4 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Problem with doing that is more often than not, the player has very little idea of how to best make use of that NPC, and you wind up with an underwhelming encounter. 

Of course someone who doesn't know the game mechanics or didn't have time to study the NPC is likely to do a bad job running it. That seems more a problem with organization (or scheduling, maybe) than with the idea in itself.

42 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

a. Like most of its stats, USM Squib stats are pretty bad

Well, I'd certainly like to see you write up nearly as many species as we did when there were only 8 examples to go by.

Compared to when Cyril and I did the lion's share of the USM species (which were before the EotE final rules were even published), you've got it incredibly easy now that you've got so many more varied examples of official species write-ups to use as a guideline.  And by your own admission, at least half the stuff you've compiled was either cribbed from somebody else's work or is a house-ruled variant of officially published species rather than fully original creations.

all this talk about the book, is the book out yet?.... amazon.com seem to have 1 copy if thats true....otherwise, shops that i look online dont have any copies

and what vehicles are going to be in it?

Edited by Mefyrx

Have we had any official confirmation about whether we're getting full-on careers for Jedi and Clones? I know we're getting new specializations, but the wording makes it seem like they're going the whole shebang with full career choice and Signature Abilities maybe showing up later.

If this is the case, I'm hoping Jedi get a third specialization for all-round lightsaber use. Not as potent as the dedicated FaD styles in their particular arenas, just a good all-rounder style for when there's maybe one or two lightsaber users in a group.

You want to be a super tank, or a master duelist? Pick a FaD spec. Just wanna do cool stuff with a sabre? Pick *insert hypothetical specialization here*.

Edited by Prometheus878

22 minutes ago, Prometheus878 said:

Have we had any official confirmation about whether we're getting full-on careers for Jedi and Clones?

Seems pretty clear in the initial announcement to me:

The Jedi receive their own career in Rise of the Separatists, representing their unique status during the Clone Wars. You can become the face of the organization as a brave Knight or learn the ways of the Force as a Padawan. Both of these specializations offer their own talent tree and give access to unique Force abilities.

For the first time, Rise of the Separatists allows you to play as a Clone Trooper in their own career path! Take on the responsibility of leading your allies to victory with the Clone Officer, take to the skies with the Clone Pilot, or stand on the front lines as a Clone Trooper. These are just a few of the new careers available in Rise of the Separatists—as you'll soon learn, the book contains even more options for Clone Wars-era heroes!

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Seems pretty clear in the initial announcement to me:

I know, it's just that it seems almost too good to be true. Years of just the corebook careers, and now we're getting multiple new ones, all in the same book? The mind boggles.

Again, I am deeply curious what the third Jedi specialization would be. Do you think they would break the mold and field a career with only two specializations to start out with?

21 minutes ago, GroggyGolem said:

My guess.

Padawan

Knight

Master

I assumed the third one is going to be Master too. I hope the new 'Jedi' and 'Clone' careers get an additional three specializations in the next Clone Wars book which is implied to be coming too (since this one only covers the first half of the war), so that the careers have six specializations like all the others.

I wonder what they could be though?

Jedi General? Jedi Temple Guard? Clone Commando? ARC Trooper?

2 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I hope there's a "Defective Clone" spec in there too.

One of those times I'm glad we're not on D20 anymore. I could see a hilarious but often useless "Genetic defect" table about on par with the Deck of Many things.

32! I get +1 to Brawn!

99! I'm Force Sensitive!

73! I get Soak +2 vs. Blasters!

4... I'm a potato...

11 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

One of those times I'm glad we're not on D20 anymore. I could see a hilarious but often useless "Genetic defect" table about on par with the Deck of Many things.

32! I get +1 to Brawn!

99! I'm Force Sensitive!

73! I get Soak +2 vs. Blasters!

4... I'm a potato...

In the Unknown Regions book (last one produced for the Saga Edition line), there was a section on tweaking the Human species to use them to create various Near-Human species that Sterling Hershey worked up (which I remember as he and I worked on the species section for that book).  It operated by dropping either the bonus trained class skill or bonus starting feat that Humans (player's choice) to get a certain ability of their choice from a chart of options.  And it worked out pretty well, though like many things in the d20-based games it was prone to being subjected to min-max'd, but then frankly there's very few RPGS that aren't prone to being min/max'd to some extent.

18 minutes ago, Kualan said:

New article - is this the first time we've had three preview articles (+ announcement) for a release?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/5/heroes-on-both-sides/

Reading that it sounds like the specs are:

Clone: Officer, Pilot, Trooper

Jedi: Padawan, Knight, Master

Suspect there will be some clawing and knashing of teeth over the Jedi...