Ghostofman

Rise of the Separatists Era Book

4 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I've been waiting for them to announce this for a while!  It's totally awesome, you guys'll love it! 

And they straight up mention a lot of the best parts (in my opinion) in this article...

Clone as a species distinct from Human might be a good move, but I wish that they would have made a specific Battle Droid species option distinct from the basic Droid too.

I'm not sure I like the idea of a specific Jedi career. It really makes the FaD Careers all feel even more like poseurs now.

3 minutes ago, TyrisFlare said:

Excited! Though of course my first thought is that Obi and Dooku should have like double that amount of wounds, but maybe they'll just have a ton of parry/reflect ranks instead. =P

NPCs tend to diverge greatly from PCs in the way they turn out in these games. NPCs tend to have greatly increased Characteristics overall compared to PCs, but far fewer talents and, as you've noticed, WT.

Just now, Ghostofman said:

I'm wondering what the Jedi careers are going to look like.

I'm pretty sure they will have specs, at least two are mentioned, and that each will have 20 talents arranged in five rows and four columns. ?

Of course, the question I am wondering is: Will the two new Careers mentioned have Signature Abilities?

1 minute ago, HappyDaze said:

I'm pretty sure they will have specs, at least two are mentioned, and that each will have 20 talents arranged in five rows and four columns. ?

Of course, the question I am wondering is: Will the two new Careers mentioned have Signature Abilities?

1) jerk ?

2) Logic dictates they would have signature abilities, though I suppose FFG could be equally jerkfaced and put them in another book...

20 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

NPCs tend to diverge greatly from PCs in the way they turn out in these games. NPCs tend to have greatly increased Characteristics overall compared to PCs, but far fewer talents and, as you've noticed, WT.

Yeah, and I'm sure it's fine for a lot of games. But it will be disappointing if these two end up with like FR 3. :P

So far the Jedi with stats in the books (like Jewel of Yavin or the Edge ones) are really pathetic.

Here’s a question.... where is it in “the process”?  Under the Upcoming tab on the website it’s nowhere to be found (Not listed either “In Development” or “At Printer”).  The article doesn’t mention a release time frame.  Wondering if this book was pretty far along in the development process during this year and a half gap while FFG corrected printing and shipping issues.

32 minutes ago, Alisair Longreach said:

I suspect that the new specializations will all be Universal.

"For the first time, Rise of the Separatists allows you to play as a Clone Trooper in their own career path!"

Doesn't read like it to me.

They specifically mention careers several times, so I think there's more than just universals to be had.

Considering the show reboot, maybe we'll get a second book with late stage Clone Wars and some Episode III material. Perhaps that will have three more specs for these new careers and/or Signature Abilities.

"Rise of the Separatists" and "Fall of the Republic"?

ARC Troopers are the only standout I can think of being missing which could be in a second/late-stage Clone wars book as people have mentioned. Be interesting to see how they structure it and what the campaign advice is like - whether they have some sort of squad system for clones for example.

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

I've been waiting for them to announce this for a while!  It's totally awesome, you guys'll love it! 

And they straight up mention a lot of the best parts (in my opinion) in this article...

Well thanks! I worked on this, and my contributions were featured in the stuff beneath the "Heroes on Both Sides" header (which is probably not the section you're talking about, but I'm gonna take the compliment anyway!) 

This book was so great to work on. Before I got hired as a freelancer for FFG, I was doing fan RPG content for D20, most notably the 500+ page Clone Wars fan sourcebook. So being able to revisit an era I love so much was really special for me. So glad this finally got announced!

17 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Take note that this is specifically the era book for the early stages of the Clone Wars. That sounds like they're going to pull their usual trick of splitting things up into sellable pieces and we can expect another era book to cover the late war period. Merchandi$ing!

I'd be ok with this.