heychadwick

The manual effort with changing to 2.0

On 8/10/2018 at 6:15 AM, heychadwick said:

I have a lot of ships as I've been playing since Wave 1.  The 3 conversion kits and new Core set get most of my ships converted and I'll trade the ships I don' need for the ones I do.  I will say, though, that it takes a lot of effort to convert!!!!

Going through 3 conversion kits and punching all that out took a lot longer than I thought it would.  The hardest was trying to match the 2 dial parts and I almost punched out the holes with the code on it.  This took a good bit of time.  Also, sorting all the 3 kits and putting like for like for upgrades took a while.  

I thought that took a long time....but then I realized I had to put it in my case!  I've got a big Plano and first had to get rid of all the old dials and chits.   I ended up just getting a kitchen trash bag to dump it all in.   All the old tokens and numbered tombstones and such.   It took a while!   I'm still not even done.   I was able to get Rebel and Scum done last night, but it took at least an hour.   I still have Imperials, and I have a lot of those.   

Anyone else daunted by the amount of effort for conversion?

Jim, how are the Plano boxes working for you with the new dial size? 

The new dials don’t fit as well in mine as the 1.0 dials. Have to turn the new ones sideways which takes up a LOT more space. I was able to get a complete faction with ships, base tokens and dials in one box with 1.0 but it takes two boxes with 2.0. 

1 hour ago, drail14me said:

Jim, how are the Plano boxes working for you with the new dial size? 

The new dials don’t fit as well in mine as the 1.0 dials. Have to turn the new ones sideways which takes up a LOT more space. I was able to get a complete faction with ships, base tokens and dials in one box with 1.0 but it takes two boxes with 2.0. 

I haven't had an issue so far.  Almost, but they work.