mazz0

More exciting - 2.0 or Clone Wars factions?

Just now, Sir Orrin said:

When they revealed Force and calculate tokens I knew clones wars was coming. Don't know if I personally will buy into the factions but I'm really happy for the people who will.

I keep saying I won’t buy into them, but the reality is that if future waves do not contain ships for all factions, I might cave in and buy CIS. But if there’s card packs every wave for rebel/Imp/scum, I’m out and not touching prequels.

Both. I certainly agree with @ficklegreendice that Clone Wars era factions wouldn't have been possible without 2.0. Calculate and Force are too necessary for the era to go without, so likely would've flopped in 1.0.

The ships from the CW era look awesome and it'll be nifty to have some different design paradigms with Republic and Separatist factions.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Both. I certainly agree with @ficklegreendice that Clone Wars era factions wouldn't have been possible without 2.0. Calculate and Force are too necessary for the era to go without, so likely would've flopped in 1.0.

Force upgrades could be introduced alongside, and if they wanted to give them to existing force users they could errat-ed it or done something like titles for individual pilots to add the slot, or just leave them without on the grounds that it wasn’t a big part of other faction’s identities.  Would have been messy but perfectly doable.  Or they could have simply done without - nobody was feeling their lack before they were invented.

Calculate - why on earth is that so important?  If it turns out that focus would have been overpowered on droid swarms (which it might, but we don’t know) they could have introduced it on them, or just not given them focus actions, or come up with some other solution.  The fact we have a particular solution in v2 doesn’t mean that particular solution was necessary.

I get that they’re both nice to have, but I don’t see why they were required.

Edited by mazz0

Greatly dislike the rut of power creeped meta lists and poorly parsed releases in general in 1.0. The new factions and any new ships would have been pushed to that competitive edge where the luster quickly fades.

Much more excited for the 2.0 fresh start and will enjoy a better balanced clone wars when it releases due to the upgrade. When everything is viable, nothing isn't. 

Considering I didn't play due to x-wings being really unplayable over all, and the x-wing model being updated, im pretty happy about that. On the other hand, getting clone war ships for my shelf is always a nice welcome sight. Now I can pla...I mean display all my tiny space craft and make pew pew no...err admire them as they sit there.....shooting down tie fighters.

Whats that, look behind you! Its an extreamly distracting thing...

When 2 ed was revealed, i was beyond excitement, i thought no other x-wing announcment could possibly top this. But then they revealed clone wars and i was like:

CBAC914A-D7FE-4F9C-A910-C928E8CFBE38.jpeg