JJ48

What will the CIS look like?

4 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Vulture

Role: Dirt cheap mass produced swarmer (Tie fighter/z95 equiv, possibly more so)

Single Calculate on 3 agility is significantly weaker than focus on 3 agility.
Assuming 23 points is the absolute minimum  point cost allowed for game balance purposes

\/ 2 die primary, ||3 die primary, 3 hull, 3 agility, Calculate, Evade, Barrel roll

I2 Beacon Slave generic
I3 Independant Droid (talent slot)
I3 Squadron Leader unique (Range 1 Attani for Calculate and Jam tokens)
I5 advanced prototype unique (Copy Laetan's ability, but calculates instead of evades)

Is there a lore reason for the bullseye?

9 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Is there a lore reason for the bullseye?

The energy torp generators that are mounted in the hull just in front of the head. It is why I had them at A1 with their "wings" closed in my version. The closed wings block the cannons and missiles.

Edit: My idea for the Vulture (Rakaydos's is more durable and a little more agile base)

Pilot card: F:1 A:2 H:2 S:0 Ability: can use calculate tokens generated by squad mates who are within range 1-2 of it. Upgrade slots: Missile, Configuration (flip4free at beginning of activation phase before any maneuvers) and MAYBE Sensor. Actions: white Calculate and white Target Lock

Configuration card side A: Attack mode: roll 2 additional attack die, gain white barrel roll, white barrel roll -> red calculate, and white calculate -> red target lock actions

Configuration card side B: Mobility mode: fastest straight maneuver improves in difficulty by one step, +1 defense die due to narrowed profile, gain boost action, can only use its primary attack

Ship base: SMALL with only a single ship per base. It is barely smaller than a TIE/LN in length (just 28 cm shorter in length. TIE/LN is 7.24m (724 cm for those who don't know metric)) though it is 696 cm (6.96 m, that got me to chuckle) shorter in height.

Dial: 1 banks, 2 turns/blue banks/blue straight, 3 blue banks/blue straight, 4 straight, 5 red K-turn

Edited by Hiemfire
added my idea

28 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Configuration card side A: Attack mode: roll 2 additional attack die, gain white barrel roll, white barrel roll -> red calculate, and white calculate -> red target lock actions

Configuration card side B: Mobility mode: fastest straight maneuver improves in difficulty by one step, +1 defense die due to narrowed profile, gain boost action, can only use its primary attack

Having flown Tie Swarm at Mandalore Open, trust me. You do not want 8 flipping configuration cards to be a viable list.

I feel that a bullseye 3 die primary will create interesting gameplay without overflowing the table with 0 cost fiddlybits. In particular, 8 ships blocking into bullseye shots should be amazing. "There's too many! AAAAH!"

Edited by Rakaydos

5 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Having flown Tie Swarm at Mandalore Open, trust me. You do not want 8 flipping configuration cards to be a viable list.

I feel that a bullseye 3 die primary will create interesting gameplay without overflowing the table with 0 cost fiddlybits. In particular, 8 ships blocking into bullseye shots should be amazing. "There's too many! AAAAH!"

Not going to argue, game playability needs to trump accuracy at times :). I was trying to make my version as close to the in universe design as I could when I set it up. Though maybe swapping out the talent slot for a sensor slot and applying the AI upgrades there instead on your concept?

1 minute ago, Animewarsdude said:

So having rewatched a little of Clone Wars when does the CIS get these? Any guess for the number of evasion dice they get? I'm guessing Range 0 and options to kill crew or dull out Pilot Crits. :P

QnBaCqi.jpg

Spacetrooper B2s?I would guess a mine or torpedo condition, like a bigger buzzdroid.

16 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Spacetrooper B2s?I would guess a mine or torpedo condition, like a bigger buzzdroid.

Super battle droid rocket trooper, successor to the B2-RP.

First used in the Battle of Ringo Vinda.

I think.

I wouldn't have expected this sort of thing to be used in the game but I also didn't expect Death Troopers so there's that.

Edited by Ixidor

On 8/10/2018 at 2:02 AM, player2422845 said:

I like those ideas.

What if cis was immune to stress? Basic all white dial? I don't know but I hope the faction will be special in it's own way

That would be sweet! Immune to stress but weaker to ionned?