Jump to content
JJ48

What will the CIS look like?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Vulture

Role: Dirt cheap mass produced swarmer (Tie fighter/z95 equiv, possibly more so)

Single Calculate on 3 agility is significantly weaker than focus on 3 agility.
Assuming 23 points is the absolute minimum  point cost allowed for game balance purposes

\/ 2 die primary, ||3 die primary, 3 hull, 3 agility, Calculate, Evade, Barrel roll

I2 Beacon Slave generic
I3 Independant Droid (talent slot)
I3 Squadron Leader unique (Range 1 Attani for Calculate and Jam tokens)
I5 advanced prototype unique (Copy Laetan's ability, but calculates instead of evades)

Is there a lore reason for the bullseye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Is there a lore reason for the bullseye?

The energy torp generators that are mounted in the hull just in front of the head. It is why I had them at A1 with their "wings" closed in my version. The closed wings block the cannons and missiles.

 

Edit: My idea for the Vulture (Rakaydos's is more durable and a little more agile base)

Pilot card: F:1 A:2 H:2 S:0 Ability: can use calculate tokens generated by squad mates who are within range 1-2 of it. Upgrade slots: Missile, Configuration (flip4free at beginning of activation phase before any maneuvers) and MAYBE Sensor. Actions: white Calculate and white Target Lock

Configuration card side A: Attack mode: roll 2 additional attack die, gain white barrel roll, white barrel roll -> red calculate, and white calculate -> red target lock actions

Configuration card side B: Mobility mode: fastest straight maneuver improves in difficulty by one step, +1 defense die due to narrowed profile, gain boost action, can only use its primary attack

Ship base: SMALL with only a single ship per base. It is barely smaller than a TIE/LN in length (just 28 cm shorter in length. TIE/LN is 7.24m (724 cm for those who don't know metric)) though it is 696 cm (6.96 m, that got me to chuckle) shorter in height.

Dial: 1 banks, 2 turns/blue banks/blue straight, 3 blue banks/blue straight, 4 straight, 5 red K-turn

Edited by Hiemfire
added my idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Configuration card side A: Attack mode: roll 2 additional attack die, gain white barrel roll, white barrel roll -> red calculate, and white calculate -> red target lock actions

Configuration card side B: Mobility mode: fastest straight maneuver improves in difficulty by one step, +1 defense die due to narrowed profile, gain boost action, can only use its primary attack

Having flown Tie Swarm at Mandalore Open, trust me. You do not want 8 flipping configuration cards to be a viable list.

I feel that a bullseye 3 die primary will create interesting gameplay without overflowing the table with 0 cost fiddlybits. In particular, 8 ships blocking into bullseye shots should be amazing. "There's too many! AAAAH!"

Edited by Rakaydos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Having flown Tie Swarm at Mandalore Open, trust me. You do not want 8 flipping configuration cards to be a viable list.

I feel that a bullseye 3 die primary will create interesting gameplay without overflowing the table with 0 cost fiddlybits. In particular, 8 ships blocking into bullseye shots should be amazing. "There's too many! AAAAH!"

Not going to argue, game playability needs to trump accuracy at times :). I was trying to make my version as close to the in universe design as I could when I set it up. Though maybe swapping out the talent slot for a sensor slot and applying the AI upgrades there instead on your concept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Animewarsdude said:

So having rewatched a little of Clone Wars when does the CIS get these? Any guess for the number of evasion dice they get? I'm guessing Range 0 and options to kill crew or dull out Pilot Crits. :P

QnBaCqi.jpg

Spacetrooper B2s?I would guess a mine or torpedo condition, like a bigger buzzdroid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Spacetrooper B2s?I would guess a mine or torpedo condition, like a bigger buzzdroid.

Super battle droid rocket trooper, successor to the B2-RP.

First used in the Battle of Ringo Vinda.

I think.

I wouldn't have expected this sort of thing to be used in the game but I also didn't expect Death Troopers so there's that.

Edited by Ixidor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 2:02 AM, player2422845 said:

I like those ideas.

What if cis was immune to stress? Basic all white dial? I don't know but I hope the faction will be special in it's own way

That would be sweet! Immune to stress but weaker to ionned?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...