Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
weisguy119

I wrote a detailed blog article about my 3-part Battle of Scarif custom scenario for Friday Night X-wing

Recommended Posts

Looks fantastic. As an Armada+X-wing player I think that it would be awesome to play the main battle using Armada. Then play the a smaller detail scenarios using X-wing.

Shield Gate and garrison Tie fighters 

2xISD

vs

MC-75 Profundity with Raddus 

3-4 Nebulon B

4-5 CR-90

a few Hammerheads 

some GR-45 flotillas

a boatload of X and Y squads  

VCX Hera  

 

(Or even go full ***** and play the ground battle with using Legion and the new Jyn Erso and commando expansions)  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Decan Mabu said:

Really nice

I suppose this might have completed your rebel armada:

 

BAA2540D-0516-4783-AB6A-EEE37FCC77F0_zps

 

B7E4AD29-0051-4407-8E4B-8E2BC6CEB751_zps

 

 

I've seen your Hammerhead Corvette and I'm jealous.  Excellent work!  I couldn't find a 3D print of the Rogue One Hammerhead when I designed this scenario, so I went with the CR12 and had it painted to look like the Lightmaker.

I'm still holding out hope for an official FFG Hammerhead.  I now have a TIE Reaper to add to this scenario, if I ever run it again.  I tend to design these things, play test them, and move on to my next project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GilmoreDK said:

Looks fantastic. As an Armada+X-wing player I think that it would be awesome to play the main battle using Armada. Then play the a smaller detail scenarios using X-wing.

Shield Gate and garrison Tie fighters 

2xISD

vs

MC-75 Profundity with Raddus 

3-4 Nebulon B

4-5 CR-90

a few Hammerheads 

some GR-45 flotillas

a boatload of X and Y squads  

VCX Hera  

 

(Or even go full ***** and play the ground battle with using Legion and the new Jyn Erso and commando expansions)  

 

 

Personally, I prefer the scale of X-wing Miniatures over Armada's and have absolutely zero interest in Legion.

Somebody did blend Armada with XWM in this awesome setup, though:

https://goo.gl/images/xq8F3a

Edited by weisguy119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

Personally, I prefer the scale of X-wing Miniatures over Armada's and have absolutely zero interest in Legion.

Somebody did blend Armada with XWM in this awesome setup, though:

https://goo.gl/images/xq8F3a

Looks Great! I ironically Also like the X-wing scale better, but by far prefer Armada from a gaming Perspective - so i play Them both! 

It was more the idea that Armada would capture the scale of the battle better  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

I've seen your Hammerhead Corvette and I'm jealous.  Excellent work!  I couldn't find a 3D print of the Rogue One Hammerhead when I designed this scenario, so I went with the CR12 and had it painted to look like the Lightmaker.

I'm still holding out hope for an official FFG Hammerhead.  I now have a TIE Reaper to add to this scenario, if I ever run it again.  I tend to design these things, play test them, and move on to my next project.

Hi

This one has been done with scratch built technics, so I dare I do not have any copy of it, but mi idea is to make another hammerhead, (I have to recognice the ones from rebels rather than the one modified version from Rogue One).

During the manufacture of the next one I want to complete the diagrams I had made about it so it should be easier to make more replicas of it.

As soon as I have more news I’ll keep you informed about (in case you want a replica).

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Decan Mabu said:

Hi

This one has been done with scratch built technics, so I dare I do not have any copy of it, but mi idea is to make another hammerhead, (I have to recognice the ones from rebels rather than the one modified version from Rogue One).

During the manufacture of the next one I want to complete the diagrams I had made about it so it should be easier to make more replicas of it.

As soon as I have more news I’ll keep you informed about (in case you want a replica).

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'd be interested.  Please, keep me informed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GilmoreDK said:

Looks Great! I ironically Also like the X-wing scale better, but by far prefer Armada from a gaming Perspective - so i play Them both! 

It was more the idea that Armada would capture the scale of the battle better  

 

Doing it in Armada scale would be too easy, though.  I like to do things the hard way.  Lol

I like to think of mine as a zoomed in version of the battle.

Edited by weisguy119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...