LTuser

Other "Sci-fi" shows, you;d love to see get the X-wing treatment?

So, are there any other sci-fi shows, you would love to see get the "X-wing miniature" treatment, and be turned into a mini's game??

For me, i'd love to see BSG and Stargate..

46 minutes ago, Nspace said:

Babylon 5. There was one from back in 1999, but it seems that you can't find it in stores anymore.

This was also my instant thought, loads of races / factions to make, lots of variety between them.  Was a great series too.

though I could never play both the cost would be crippling lol.

Edited by Storgar

In addition to all the previously mentioned ones, what I really want to see is FFG expand their Twilight Imperium universe into this realm. 17 races, with plenty of room for an x-wing style dogfighting game, Armada like capital ship game, legion and imperial assault-esque ground combat, could even do a smaller scale ground game for mass battles. Rich, well worked out history, each race has distinctive strengths and weaknesses. Could definitely rival 40k as a gaming universe, and with much better rules behind it. 

Oh, and Farscape. 

12 minutes ago, Sk3tch said:

A decent Star Trek game would be the nuts. Maybe more Armada like.

The problem I have with a Star Trek game is that “canon” is kinda all over the place in regards to tech and ship designs. For a Star Trek game I would want it to be willing to ignore big chunks of continuity in order to make the universe make sense. Rather like Star Fleet Battles, but without the rules calculus. 

Yeah, I'd love to see a good Star Trek fleet action game, but not at X-Wing scale.  

For straight-up X-Wing rules, I'd be all over Babylon 5. 

I don't know much about TI's background but it'd be interesting to see what FFG could do with a wide-open property where they could do anything they liked.

13 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I would have voted for Robotech, had I not seen that it had been a minis game once upon a time.  I never got to play it, so I can't speak to it's quality.

Heh. You e managed to remain unaware of the six train pile-up that was the Robotech tactics Kickstarter? You should drop by the comments section of the KS page sometime and just marvel at the rancor palladium managed to create. It’s really unbelievable. 

As for the game, meh. The rules didn’t look particularly bad, but they were remarkable uninspired. Just kinda plug relevant fluff into a generic war game template. 

I would actually really like to work up x-wing stats for the mecha we actually got. If the bulk of the project had actually been produced I would be more inclined to do so. 

3 minutes ago, You Look Like A Nail said:

I don't know much about TI's background but it'd be interesting to see what FFG could do with a wide-open property where they could do anything they liked.

In a nutshell. A thousand years ago a galactic empire fell apart, ushering in a galactic dark ages. Now, many species have recovered and are vying to be the rulers of the next empire. The strength of the setting really comes from the details. Every one of the 17 races has around a page of history and backstory detailing how they came to be, what they are like, how they were involved in the overthrow of the empire, and so on. 

2 hours ago, LTuser said:

So, are there any other sci-fi shows, you would love to see get the "X-wing miniature" treatment, and be turned into a mini's game??

Elite and Wing Commander videogames.

2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

In a nutshell. A thousand years ago a galactic empire fell apart, ushering in a galactic dark ages. Now, many species have recovered and are vying to be the rulers of the next empire. The strength of the setting really comes from the details. Every one of the 17 races has around a page of history and backstory detailing how they came to be, what they are like, how they were involved in the overthrow of the empire, and so on. 

Any decent novels for this universe?

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

I’d love a good Star Trek minis game. 

A Star Trek game that was able to convey battles there as well as Ascendency gives off the exploration and growth feel for the franchise. It would be great to be able to recreate intense battles from DS9 to the more slow paced ship vs ship conflict. Maybe something like that Star Trek video game for PC that had you controlling the bridge of a Galaxy class ship so you'd have to manage power between your subsystems. 

2 hours ago, Ajax Romano said:

Space Battleship Yamato (aka Star Blazers),  but this may work better given an Armada treatment.  

Oh this too would be cool, though I think it would be limited due to not all that many number of ships, that the Earth faction would be so busted with their wave motion gun fleet.