tripecac

LotR LCG PDFs for Kindle

I have been using my Kindle quite a bit recently and would love to read the LotR LCG PDFs on it.  Today I found out how to send PDFs to the Kindle but unfortunately the LotR LCG documents are 2 columns, making the font too small to read on my Kindle.   Zooming helps but then I need to scroll all over the place which is a pain.

So I was wondering if anyone has converted the LotR LCG support PDFS to a single-column format which is more readable on kindle and other small devices.

If not, does anyone have experience with converting PDFS like that?  What procedure and formatting would work best for Kindle? 

Thanks!

I will check out that site on my tablet later, but it wouldn't really work for the kindle (which I keep offline except when transferring books).

Also, I'd like to be able to read the Online Rules Reference, FAQ, and Easy Mode documents on the kindle as well.  And, ideally, the unofficial card FAQ although that might be redundant these days.

I don't think you're going to like the answer, but... This seems like a job for bash scripting. Download the pdfs. Then script to export image -> cut and export image along left side geometry -> cut + export right side -> import images into pdfs.  You could also try quarters of the pages - see what works best.

For image manipulation, you can use: https://www.imagemagick.org/script/mogrify.php 
For pdfs you can use: https://www.pdflabs.com/t/pdftk/

It might be possible to build a macro do this this in a GUI with Adobe but I don't know about that.

Anyway, check out the LOTR LCG Quest Companion, it's pretty sweet.

Edited by CDavis7M

In Windows, I just loaded up the original PDF in Acrobat, clicked on some text (not an image), pressed Ctrl-A to select all the text, copied it, and pasted into Wordpad.  Aside from the page numbers being inserted where you may not want, it looks OK and should suffice with minimal editing.  You may need to load it into something like Word in order to save it as a PDF or some other Kindle format, but it's a start.

Edited by icabod