Sign in to follow this  
spacelion

Cluster Missiles + Munitions Failsafe (XW2.0)

Munitions Failsafe allows me to cancel all dice results from an attack to regain the charge.

Cluster Missiles says to perform the same attack after this attack.

Can I perform the 2nd attack after cancelling all dice results from the first salvo, and still regain a charge?

Another question is, can I use the 2nd attack on a ship I'm bumped into?

Edited by spacelion

10 minutes ago, spacelion said:

Munitions Failsafe allows me to cancel all dice results from an attack to regain the charge.

Cluster Missiles says to perform the same attack after this attack.

Can I perform the 2nd attack after cancelling all dice results from the first salvo, and still regain a charge?

Another question is, can I use the 2nd attack on a ship I'm bumped into?

1. Yes, but it still costs a charge to make the second attack; you can't get out of spending the charge somehow if you want to do damage.

2a. No, the range of the cluster missiles is still 1-2.
2b. Yes, if you're using Major Rhymer to make the missiles range 0-3.

Edited by Innese

10 hours ago, Innese said:

1. Yes, but it still costs a charge to make the second attack; you can't get out of spending the charge somehow if you want to do damage.

2a. No, the range of the cluster missiles is still 1-2.
2b. Yes, if you're using Major Rhymer to make the missiles range 0-3.

So could this mean I target lock X at range 2 shoot a cluster missile get that charge back for no damage then shoot Y at range 1 from X but range  3 from me and still only use 1 charge? so for example if I am up against 7 TIES I can shoot No1 if I miss recover the charge shoot No2 if I miss recover the charge and so on until you have shot all 7 ties? then times that by 5 A wings!!

4 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

So could this mean I target lock X at range 2 shoot a cluster missile get that charge back for no damage then shoot Y at range 1 from X but range  3 from me and still only use 1 charge? so for example if I am up against 7 TIES I can shoot No1 if I miss recover the charge shoot No2 if I miss recover the charge and so on until you have shot all 7 ties? then times that by 5 A wings!!

Unless you’re using Rhymer, Cluster Missiles is still range 1-2, so no you can’t hit a target at range 3 with the second attack.

You also only get 1 bonus attack per round.

Edited by Innese