Fordawn

2.0 Upgrade cards creator

Hi,

I am making a webpage to create 2.0 upgrade cards (maybe pilot cards at one point if some of you are interested). I plan to put it online soon, it is curently only on my computer.

It is functional but I have some issues with image compression and text alignment so it is still in developpment.
For those interested, it is written in PHP and the code can be found here https://github.com/Alexandre-Moreau/xwing-card-creator.

Here are some examples of the page and the cards:

https://ibb.co/mdaggU (screenshot is too big for direct upload)

Edit: The website is here: http://x-wing-cardcreator.com

Grand_admiral_thrawn.png.e15c2324dd8dc3b451cd13ec39454770.png  Anti_poursuit_lasers.png.2972bcd1f37d8e9417f06cf3256f5820.png

proton_torpedoes.png.f3e07a5636541e108754fd675584b206.png 

Also if you have design ideas, just write them and i will show how the card look.

Edited by Fordawn

I had a slightly different idea for Anti-Pursuit Lasers.  Something like "You may make <rear arc> attacks at Range 0."

Perhaps not quite as generally useful as your version, but potentially a lot of fun on a ship like the Lambda, when used as a roadblock!

4 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Something like "You may make <rear arc> attacks at Range 0."

Cool design. I have not yet integrated the arc and maneuvers symbols, but attack range starts at 0 so you could try something similar to your idea.

I also changed the font and restrictions, the cards look cleaner now. 

Btw if you have questions or need help to understand something just ask. I created the design alone, I don't know if it is user friendly or easy to understand/use. 

Seing the website being used is very satisfying :D 

And as you can see I couldn't find any quality image with the cannon logo so there is just an empty circle for now 

8 hours ago, Arma Quattro said:

That Linked Battery would be nuts-level good. ?

Small only, needs a Cannon, and only procs after a special attack. So, the B-Wing NEEDS it, the Defender had it in 1.0 and wants it back but maybe can't afford it, and the Gunboat doesn't get much but a two dice attack out of it.

And there's literally nothing else in the game that can use it. It probably should be 6pts?

Cool design. I love the Ohnaka crew

14 hours ago, Shockley said:

This.

Just give me some time, I am on vacation now. I think I will do it on the end of the month.

I made a Reddit post here where I explained that I will finish the upgrade cards, make a pilot card creator and maybe a gallery of the latest design with a button to save your card after creating it to add it to the gallery. If you have suggestions or questions (design, functionalities...) I am here to answer. 

Actions don't work yet, and for the configuration it will take me some time because the position of the elements is not the same.

For the image, it currently takes the top part if the image has a higher ratio than  238x120px and the left part if the image is wider. It doesn't take the center part of the image. It crops to the largest rectangle with a 1.98x1 ratio on the top left of the selected image.

I am currently working on a new design, i will put the new website online around 3:00 PM gmt. Force is coming also

Edited by Fordawn