Sign in to follow this  
Peter13th

T-65 PROMO DAMAGE DECK

Does anyone know about the pormo damage deck?  they were availble at GenCon, and will be available for Pre-order in FFG store.

But they mention that other stores pre-orders could have it available too as per the article published in May 1st but I asked the Online Store and they replied that they didn't had conformation of it yet, and I have recently asked them again, and yet still no confirmation of the promo.

Upgrade Your Damage Deck

image.png.65822b3627dfcf60bacaa7866da2abe5.png

Edited by Peter13th

Check out this thread:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/276656-preorder-damage-deck-from-online-retailers/

the TLDR version can be found in this post and says:

At the recent European championships, FFG confirmed that every pre-ordered core set from an actual store will get the promo damage deck. Online only stores will not get the deck at all. It is unclear if stores which do both will get them in sufficient numbers for their online orders too.

1 hour ago, nikk whyte said:

what FFG didnt tell us (or your FLGS) is that those decks cost the store $2 each, and your store has to eat that unless they suddenly raise the price of your core set. 

Wha? Really? If this is true f you FFG, seriously. You can’t sell them to customers separately but you are charging for them with retailers. This is seriously a **** move if accurate.

Edited by LordFajubi

1 hour ago, nikk whyte said:

what FFG didnt tell us (or your FLGS) is that those decks cost the store $2 each, and your store has to eat that unless they suddenly raise the price of your core set. 

Citation? I’m not calling you a liar, I just want to see something more than hearsay. I do not think this is an ok plan to make stores eat the cost while promising them to the buyers who shop local.

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Citation? I’m not calling you a liar, I just want to see something more than hearsay. I do not think this is an ok plan to make stores eat the cost while promising them to the buyers who shop local.

I agree and hope stores don't have to pay extra for them... 

Then again, I would have bought online had it not been for the promo deck so it's a sale they wouldn't have made. 

The flgs I preordered with said that every starter set they sell at release will come with the deck, pre order or not. So they seem to have ordered an equal amount of core sets and promo decks.

5 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

It's not true.  It's not even legal, as laid out above.

In all honesty I don’t care that much, outside easier shuffling it makes 0 game impact....

actually I take that back, it does affect game play in a negative way. Space is already an issue to some. Get a crit with these things and it’s tuck or lay it over top lol

Edited by LordFajubi

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Nikk has been an X-Wing community leader in a large city for years.  I’d be surprised if he’s wrong.

Ordered my Core Set through my local store and they said it was an extra two bucks for the addition of the alt art deck. Still went with it as a back up damage deck for two bucks is still worth it to me.

Now, my adding the deck was a little after I initially ordered it, so I’m not sure if there was some sort of additional charge because of that, but that seems unlikely from what @nikk whyte is saying.

2 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

Confirmed with 2 stores before I posted.

the charge to your store is real. If your stores are anything like ours, they aren’t telling you because it’s 1000% a **** move and they’re eating it. 

**** nikk thanks for the heads up. F you FFG it is. Wouldn’t get one now if I could.

Edited by LordFajubi

10 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

Confirmed with 2 stores before I posted.

the charge to your store is real. If your stores are anything like ours, they aren’t telling you because it’s 1000% a **** move and they’re eating it. 

My local store told me after I saw this that he would eat it as well if true. Way to go FFG, nice D*I*C*K job on your end. Nothing quite like trying to drive sales to the local shops and then pull a bait and switch and charge the shops for your promotional item....slow clap

8 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Ask your FLGS.

miniature market probably won’t get them because they do mostly online orders.

Unfortunately I don't have any flags that can distribute X-wing i  my country due to Disney restrictions.  The X-wing players have to import everything.  And it would be disappointing to not be able to receive the promo even while supporting the 2.0 in its pre-order since May.

FFG is always backstabbing us...

They started 2.0 with uncompleted, (they just rushed 2.0 content to ensure sales only) card with errata, and a minitures that the wings doesn't open/close properly in wave 14 and now this.......

11 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

As a very public, adamant defender of second edition I have absolutely zero reason to lie about it. 

I'm not saying you're lying about it, just that I strongly believe you are mistaken.

A company cannot unilaterally mandate that a store buy, carry, and sell (or provide as a "paid-for promo") a product.  Especially with no meaningful notice.  (There are some esoteric exceptions, but this doesn't seem to fall into any of them.)

Edited by Jeff Wilder

17 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

A company cannot unilaterally mandate that a store buy, carry, and sell (or provide as a "paid-for promo") a product.  Especially with no meaningful notice.  (There are some esoteric exceptions, but this doesn't seem to fall into any of them.)

I'm not aware of the details (or your local laws), but this could very well be presented like store kits were, an add-on a store can opt to buy if they want to. The fact that FFG is raising players' expectation to the point that some will be angry if their store is not providing the deck is a nice pressure on the store to cave, while not technically forcing them to buy.

39 minutes ago, drjkel said:

I'm not aware of the details (or your local laws), but this could very well be presented like store kits were, an add-on a store can opt to buy if they want to.

But that's not how it was presented, was it?  My understanding is that FFG said, "Buy a core set from your FLGS, get a promo damage deck."  Is that not correct?  If that is correct, that's not leaving a purchase choice in the hands of the stores.

I checked with my flgs. It is true they're getting charged for it. They're trying to resolve this as it was announced as a freebie throw in if you pre-order with your store.  Less than kind words are being exchanged.

17 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

The flgs I preordered with said that every starter set they sell at release will come with the deck, pre order or not. So they seem to have ordered an equal amount of core sets and promo decks.

This appears to be the case at my FLGS as well.

The promo deck is not free? Heavens to Betsy! 

In other news: things that are not free to manufacture cost money; manufacturer pushes cost to retailers who make business decision to absorb these costs in order to incentivize early sales of other product. 

Edited by BlodVargarna