Force Majeure

FFG/X-wing gets featured on the Star Wars Show

33 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Maybe we get both, if one is featured in a core set for prequel and one is the expansion? 

I'd be fine with that, though would be odd to just have the standard release be Anakin's painted up variant. But, considering how many pilots they could cram into it doing a Core Set and Expansion split with the Jedi Starfighter would likely be for the best. Now, if only they would do that for the ST so people could get their hands on Poe's T-70 X-Wing with the latest Flappy Wing Tech (TM) installed. 

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Maybe we get both, if one is featured in a core set for prequel and one is the expansion? 

I hope so. I didn't even remember there was a yellow version and was quite surprised. I don't want to sound picky when we didn't even know if we could get Republic ships until recently, but red was what I was expecting. A unique one in a core set and the normal ones in the expansion would make sense though, and line up with what they're doing with the Luke paint job.

As an aside, I feel somewhat picky about the Sith Infiltrator as well. I wasn't expecting a one-off (from the perspective of the movies) ship to be the first revealed. Nothing wrong with it, I just assumed they'd show a more universal Separatist ship first if we got such an announcement. :P

Edited by Jokubas

Yeah, a strange choice, Sheev used this ship later but Maul was not a part of CIS.

On the other hand the character is popular and the ship iconic and very unique, with Rogue Shadow buried with the Legends it's possibly the only cloaking large ship in foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Jokubas said:

I hope so. I didn't even remember there was a yellow version and was quite surprised. I don't want to sound picky when we didn't even know if we could get Republic ships until recently, but red was what I was expecting. A unique one in a core set and the normal ones in the expansion would make sense though, and line up with what they're doing with the Luke paint job.

As an aside, I feel somewhat picky about the Sith Infiltrator as well. I wasn't expecting a one-off (from the perspective of the movies) ship to be the first revealed. Nothing wrong with it, I just assumed they'd show a more universal Separatist ship first if we got such an announcement. :P

Anakin never had a yellow Delta 7, just a Delta 7B but they likely are going with a single mold for the ship. The only notable differences between the versions is that the standard variant has a integrated astromech built into the craft and that 7B variant has an extra set of laser canons and an actual astromech slot. They likely just give it the astro slot built in and a primary of 3 instead of 2. As a side note I'm curious what the Republic version of R2 will do.

499?cb=20091003023555

The Sith Infiltrator is likely more iconic to some than the Droid Starfighter, and likley more importantly it is one of the few CIS ships that could counter the Jedi Starfighters due to having access to force sensitive pilots. And I'll go ahead and guess the pilots are Maul, Savage Opress, and Sidious. 

27 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

The Sith Infiltrator is likely more iconic to some than the Droid Starfighter, and likley more importantly it is one of the few CIS ships that could counter the Jedi Starfighters due to having access to force sensitive pilots. 

In a straight fight, perhaps.

But I think the droid fighters are going to be able to counter Jedi through raw efficiency and spam. 

6 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Anakin never had a yellow Delta 7, just a Delta 7B but they likely are going with a single mold for the ship. The only notable differences between the versions is that the standard variant has a integrated astromech built into the craft and that 7B variant has an extra set of laser canons and an actual astromech slot. They likely just give it the astro slot built in and a primary of 3 instead of 2. As a side note I'm curious what the Republic version of R2 will do.

499?cb=20091003023555

The Sith Infiltrator is likely more iconic to some than the Droid Starfighter, and likley more importantly it is one of the few CIS ships that could counter the Jedi Starfighters due to having access to force sensitive pilots. And I'll go ahead and guess the pilots are Maul, Savage Opress, and Sidious. 

Both variants have two pairs of laser cannons.

fxnxn60.png

12 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

In a straight fight, perhaps.

But I think the droid fighters are going to be able to counter Jedi through raw efficiency and spam. 

I picture a swarm of them transmitting constant updating orders through their computers but each ship acknowledging them audibly and forcibly broadcasting that acknowledgement through all communication channels. A nightmarish Roger Roger Swarm Storm. A Rogernado. 

In SWG the droid fighters were extremely fast and agile with impossibly small hit boxes. If you ran into a spawn of them above your current tier, you were basically screwed and forced to retreat. Even at the appropriate strength to fight them it was tedious.

latest?cb=20060706071123

Edited by ViscerothSWG
Added pic