MatsuRobun

Tyrants if Lothal is now in shipping status!

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, DerBaer said:

Which means, ToL is tournament legal one day AFTER German Nationals.

Yes, and TWO DAYS after the NOVA Open!  

Bummer, I was hoping to play the full Ghost Crew.  Or Thrawn and some Death Troopers.

2 hours ago, thereisnotry said:

Yes, and TWO DAYS after the NOVA Open!  

Bummer, I was hoping to play the full Ghost Crew.  Or Thrawn and some Death Troopers.

I have actually no idea, what to play from the new wave. But a healthy change in meta would be welcome before a tournament of that size.

2 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

And yet there is still so much that hasn't been spoiled. I still haven't seen a lot of Imp or Merc stuff to weather the Lothal Rebel storm. 

You know, a few weeks ago I was curious how the skirmish community saw that.

Obviously this seems like a huge wave for the Rebels- but between Jabba's Realm/The Bespin Gambit and Heart of the Empire, both of the other factions already had their time in the sun.  Do you think maybe Lothal is meant to purposely be a boost to the Rebels?

12 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Obviously this seems like a huge wave for the Rebels- but between Jabba's Realm/The Bespin Gambit and Heart of the Empire, both of the other factions already had their time in the sun.  Do you think maybe Lothal is meant to purposely be a boost to the Rebels?

Rebels just won Gencon. Admittedly the new wave is mainly unique figures and that I'd love to see more groups for the rebels, but my feeling is that the meta is so healthy in skirmish that you can win with any faction. 

16 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Rebels just won Gencon. Admittedly the new wave is mainly unique figures and that I'd love to see more groups for the rebels, but my feeling is that the meta is so healthy in skirmish that you can win with any faction. 

Except Empire (speaking of big charts). ?

36 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

You know, a few weeks ago I was curious how the skirmish community saw that.

Interestingly, despite all the Rebels characters in this wave a lot of the more competitive-minded skirmishers (or at least the loudest ones in the places I visit :P) are actually leaning the other way, predicting that this wave will end up being a pretty big nerf to the rebel faction.  

The culprit is the Doubt skirmish upgrade, which for 1 point can remove a condition (in this case a focus) from one of your opponent's figures at the end of each round.  The theory is that up until now all of the rebel figures have been designed around the fact that they will be focused by 3P0/Gideon in round one, leading to a big alpha strike at the start of round 2.  Without your most important figures being able to carry the focus across into the next round, the fear is that rebels won't have enough firepower to take down Vader.

Now obviously nobody knows how this is actually all going to shake out, and personally (as a non-competitive skirmisher) I'm just happy to have more rebel figures to play with :).  But it is sort of interesting to think that this rebel-focused wave might actually cause more harm than good to the rebel faction at the highest levels.

26 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Now obviously nobody knows how this is actually all going to shake out, and personally (as a non-competitive skirmisher) I'm just happy to have more rebel figures to play with :).  But it is sort of interesting to think that this rebel-focused wave might actually cause more harm than good to the rebel faction at the highest levels.

What makes this game so great is that you can play with iconic figures that usually have very thematic skills, so I'm definitely excited for more cool uniques. Doubt will almost certainly be the new auto include, but I don't think by any means it would mean the end of the rebels. Scum would be hurt as well. But you're right, we'll have to wait and see. 

41 minutes ago, erlucius90 said:

Except Empire (speaking of big charts). ?

I don't know. I don't disagree that the Empire is the toughest to win with, it doesn't look to me that it's that bad. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nk10Q5n8Xjr2byvP-7mD5IGdDyVQVqk_BSGuTiz58fM/edit?usp=sharing