Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

Desperately seeking Boba

32 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

When asked about the Boba fix at Gencon, the FFG folk didn't have very good poker faces. In fact, they did not deny that a fix was coming. I'm dying to see if he's in this Lothal wave! Perhaps as a skirmish upgrade included with Hondo?

Last I heard he was hiding in the Sarlaac...maybe Jabba's Realm is our way forward?

58 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

When asked about the Boba fix at Gencon, the FFG folk didn't have very good poker faces. In fact, they did not deny that a fix was coming. I'm dying to see if he's in this Lothal wave! Perhaps as a skirmish upgrade included with Hondo?

That's interesting, some other people who said they'd asked about the same thing got the impression that the devs hadn't really given it much thought at all. Also they're not allowed to confirm or deny any unreleased content even if it doesn't exist, that's company policy. 

Honestly though, I don't really want to see Scum get another busted titan figure on the level of IG-88 while Rebels get the shaft with Doubt. Hondo is already looking like the strongest thing that's coming out of this wave for skirmish. Ban Temp Alliance and give Rebels some cards on the same level as Hondo, Onar and Greedo, then Scum can have another broken titan figure. 

2 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I'm dying to see if he's in this Lothal wave!

Chances of this are about as close to 0% as possible.

All the contents for the figure packs are spoiled, so it's definitely not in Hondo's pack if you look at the spread for it (the face down deployment card is his skirmish card)

If such a thing existed in the campaign box there would have almost certainly been hinted at or shown in the preview stuff like the Han/Vader/Chewbacca fixes were.

Hate to break this to you but I think you were reading what you wanted to read in those "poker faces" you saw.

Edited by miguelj

1 hour ago, miguelj said:

Chances of this are about as close to 0% as possible.

All the contents for the figure packs are spoiled, so it's definitely not in Hondo's pack if you look at the spread for it (the face down deployment card is his skirmish card)

If such a thing existed in the campaign box there would have almost certainly been hinted at or shown in the preview stuff like the Han/Vader/Chewbacca fixes were.

Hate to break this to you but I think you were reading what you wanted to read in those "poker faces" you saw.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether anything else was confirmed or denied. 

1 minute ago, Fightwookies said:

Announcing a boba fix today would be pretty smart marketing. ToL switches to shipping, Jabba’s app is released. Announce the boba fix and get some momentum behind the ToL release

That's the spirit! I honestly think they're hiding something just like they did with the Hera, Jawa, BT1 wave. I remember opening that up and getting some surprises. Just because we haven't heard about EVERYTHING, doesn't mean there is nothing left to spoil.

30 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

Announcing a boba fix today would be pretty smart marketing. ToL switches to shipping, Jabba’s app is released. Announce the boba fix and get some momentum behind the ToL release

Announcing a boba fix when ToL was intially announced would have been smarter.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:45 AM, Soontirbeblownup said:

Ran Boba with IG and Jawa to get 3po, r2 and bt yesterday. Silly list but boba is a bit of a beast as he is, a lot of points but so much fun and so fast (as he should be)

I won a store championship with him in a Jabba list last season. I also played him at a later tournament in the spring and debated between Prey on the Weak and Salacious Crumb to finish out my list. If I had gone with Prey on the Weak, I may have placed really well. That extra pierce and +1 accuracy would have come into play with a swing at end game in two games! The problem is now, a 13 pt figure in this game usually has another way to do damage, an extra attack,etc..

@NeverBetTheFett

You got that right, about the 13pt figure.  Compare to Vader and Han.

Also, I think Boba, especially with Prey, does some good work, but you really need to play him optimally and have your dice not whiff either on attack of defence to see him carry a game, and that's where I think he falls short in competition.  Over a 5 round Swiss and a Top 8 cut, at some point he's going to metamorphose from everyone's "head canon" Fett to that dumbass that got pwned by a blind man and your Premier Tournament run comes to an embarrassing end.

Then again, it would make for a great final table at Worlds to fraudulently win the game because you rolled 4 3Blocks a row with him and essentially neutralized a Son of Skywalker or Blaze of Glory play that also rolled poorly.  Based on the quality of the level of commentary they do for these events, I don't even think they'd notice the dice won the game for you.

But we'd know.  And we'd support the troll articles that followed as you provided your "wisdom" to the masses for consumption.  @DTDanix might hold it against you though.

Edited by cleardave