Ken on Cape

Don't order anything from Miniature Market.

So last Thursday I went there and it said they had 3 copies of the Priority Supplies expansion for Legion in stock.  I ordered that and the Barricade pack. As of today it hasn't shipped. My card was charged first thing, but they never shipped the stuff I paid for. I call them and they tell me the Priority Supplies was a pre order. They not getting any more in until next month. I wanted these next week. I told they it said clearly that they had them in stock when I ordered. They kept saying it was pre ordered. 

I cancelled my order.   They are nothing but liars and will mislead you to take your money. 

Posted (edited)

I had had great success with them in the past,  for years, but my preorder of priority supplies still has not shipped yet and I preordered the day it came out.  I am considering cancelling all my other preorder and ordering from else where. This is the 2nd order in a row this happened with and with core as well and i ordered that in October. 

Edited by azavander

Amazon prime is the only way to shop.  If I ordered this product right now it's on sale and I could get by this Thursday. 

Be sure to verify prices on Amazon though, sellers can and will sell higher than the msrp.

While i just noted my issues with them, I did call a couple local places here since I was thinking about cancelling my order and they mentioned that they have been shorted supplies significantly since the game came out. It is possible that my particular issue is because of FFG and not because of MM.

I don’t think they ever got any as I had preordered priority supplies when it was announced and never got them so had to cancel and get off amazon

i can’t speak for other preorders as I cancelled all when this happened and ordered through FFG direct

MM is generally a good place as far as online retailers are concerned EXPECT when they don't get the stock they think they are getting. They are not set up to communicate well, yes they handle preorders badly (just look up their SW Destiny problems from over a year ago) and as you found out, they often make stuff up, like having products or will be receiving products when they don't. They want business a little too badly. Just have to be careful what you get there. Anything in high demand you need to stay away from them because they will take your money and say nothing to you when they can't fulfill it. Otherwise they are just a little slow on the shipping but their website is well organized and they usually have the stuff we want. Once you understand their operation and what they are not, you can do some business with them.

Amazon is just a well oiled machine and if you got prime, they should be the go to place. Amazon doesn't always have what we want though since they aren't a small private game store like MM is. If you go to MM thinking they are Amazon you will be disappointed.

Posted (edited)

I hope this isn’t too far OT, but I for one am more than willing to pay a few extra bucks to support my local game shop. I know that’s not available for everyone, for a variety of reasons, but local retailers will cease to exist if more customers don’t support them with actual business.

Edited by Gengis Jon

2 hours ago, Gengis Jon said:

I hope this isn’t too far OT, but I for one am more than willing to pay a few extra bucks to support my local game shop. I know that’s not available for everyone, for a variety of reasons, but local retailers will cease to exist if more customers don’t support them with actually business.

Whilst I agree and buy “most” of my stuff from mine, not everyone has a local game store and most of the people i know playing Legion are playing at home.

back to the OP, never had an issue with MM, I am more inclined to blame FFG for shorting them.

I disagree with the premise that Amazon Prime is the way to go, I often find the prices are higher on top of the subscription you pay for a premium service. I think it's a shame that smaller FLGS stores who often have websites and free delivery options are missing out on business, just because people percieve sites like Ebay & Amazon are cheaper, when often this is not the case. Shop around, support your game stores and stop throwing money at the second largest company in the world unless it is a genuine deal.

The recent Amazon Prime day made me laugh, so many products were promoted such as Exploding Kittens with a "huge discount" yet I could find it for the same price in my FLGS and nearly half the price from other game stores websites.

Perhaps this is a UK problem, but it's a little worrying when people blindly follow the big brands.

4 hours ago, Gengis Jon said:

I hope this isn’t too far OT, but I for one am more than willing to pay a few extra bucks to support my local game shop. I know that’s not available for everyone, for a variety of reasons, but local retailers will cease to exist if more customers don’t support them with actually business.

They have to earn my business. They don't get it just by existing. For instance, I play Legion all the time at a local store (with store-provided mats and some terrain), and the owner has a painted Legion Core set that he lends out to anyone who wants to use it. That is earning my business, and I preorder everything from them pretty much as soon as it's announced. However, if it was a dim, dirty place with a grouchy owner who never lets you play so the tables are always available for Magic players, then you owe that store nothing just for existing. Brick and Mortar is not automatically more virtuous than an online shop. Online stores often earn my business with product availability and value pricing.

1 minute ago, Digimortal said:

I disagree with the premise that Amazon Prime is the way to go, I often find the prices are higher on top of the subscription you pay for a premium service. I think it's a shame that smaller FLGS stores who often have websites and free delivery options are missing out on business, just because people percieve sites like Ebay & Amazon are cheaper, when often this is not the case. Shop around, support your game stores and stop throwing money at the second largest company in the world unless it is a genuine deal.

The recent Amazon Prime day made me laugh, so many products were promoted such as Exploding Kittens with a "huge discount" yet I could find it for the same price in my FLGS and nearly half the price from other game stores websites.

Perhaps this is a UK problem, but it's a little worrying when people blindly follow the big brands.

It's a UK thing. I know for boardgames, at least, Amazon prices in the UK and Canada are ludicrous. In the US it's guaranteed to blow your local shop out of the water.

Just now, arnoldrew said:

It's a UK thing. I know for boardgames, at least, Amazon prices in the UK and Canada are ludicrous. In the US it's guaranteed to blow your local shop out of the water.

**** thats tough for small businesses.

I have ordered all my X-Wing, Imperial Assault, Armada and now Legion products from Miniatures Market, over $2k total.  I have pre-ordered a few items.  I've never had a single issue with any order.  I almost always order at least $100 to get the free shipping and it generally arrives two days earlier than the FexEx estimate.  I've only had to call them one time to alter an order and they were extremely helpful.

To the original poster, I wouldn't let one order spoil you doing business with them.  With the discount they offer and free shipping on orders over $100, the savings is significant.  I've personally saved over $600 on the $2k I've spent.

Thanks,

XiliX

I recently cancelled some preorders with MM that FFG had shorted them. They are super helpful and nice about it. I wound up using store credit for some board games on my wish list. I found them at my FLGS. I'd do FLGS but I'm buying for both factions. So when an expansion is 19.99 vs. 24.99, I can get an extra expansion for my budget. I did stop preordering with them after the scout troopers. We'll see what other options there are.

26 minutes ago, player2801864 said:

I recently cancelled some preorders with MM that FFG had shorted them. They are super helpful and nice about it. I wound up using store credit for some board games on my wish list. I found them at my FLGS. I'd do FLGS but I'm buying for both factions. So when an expansion is 19.99 vs. 24.99, I can get an extra expansion for my budget. I did stop preordering with them after the scout troopers. We'll see what other options there are.

They always say FFG shorted them. But other retailers don't consistently have the same issue that MM does with fulfilling FFG pre-orders. So are they the only ones getting shorted? Or are they just taking pre-orders they have no business taking because of expected stock?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Digimortal said:

**** thats tough for small businesses.

Yeah, hence why people recommend paying a bit extra to support a FLGS (as opposed to the dingy, unfriendly gaming stores). I'd rather pay $5-10 more for products in order to keep the location where I can play the game in business. Many gaming stores are offer related services, such as snack bars.

Edited by Caimheul1313
Typo

19 hours ago, Ken on Cape said:

So last Thursday I went there and it said they had 3 copies of the Priority Supplies expansion for Legion in stock.  I ordered that and the Barricade pack. As of today it hasn't shipped. My card was charged first thing, but they never shipped the stuff I paid for. I call them and they tell me the Priority Supplies was a pre order. They not getting any more in until next month. I wanted these next week. I told they it said clearly that they had them in stock when I ordered. They kept saying it was pre ordered. 

I cancelled my order.   They are nothing but liars and will mislead you to take your money. 

Sounds like a normal mail order business wrinkle. If I boycotted everyone who did something like that I'd have to quit all my hobbies.

I am jealous of you no pre-order guys. The only LGS I have access to stopped bringing any FFG stuff in because it doesn't sell. So I have to pre order to get it in.

God damnit Scranton/Wilkes Barre metro.