thomedwards

Essential Scum and Villainy article. Vote now! Or don't...

Folks here and elsewhere seem pretty down on the Fett being included, but I think he is the best, scummiest, jankiest option going.  I mean, ****.  There's only....what...three ships that Greedo can even go on?  Actually, just two ships, and one title.  R5-P8 is just as bad.  Talk about limiting list-building.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Ruthless made the Imperial cut, as it's the easiest for a swarming faction to build around.  I want to see truly high-level decision making on display at this event, you know?  So Fett gets my vote.

55 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

Voting Boba eliminates Boba pilot from the whole competition, which would be a shame.

Eliminating a great pilot from the pool (unlike the other choices for IMPERIAL and REBEL) is the real problem.  It also will dissuade people from taking SCUM, since the remaining good ships don't want to take Boba crew.

9 hours ago, kris40k said:

I voted for Boba Fett crew.

He's an iconic character, and I am very interested in seeing what high level players come up with to utilize the effect.

Unfortunately since Ruthless won the Imperial poll I imagine they'll come up with something like this

"Howlrunner" — TIE Fighter 	40
Juke 	4
Ship Total: 44

Iden Versio — TIE Fighter 	40
Ruthless 	1
Ship Total: 41

5 x Academy Pilot — TIE Fighter 	23
Total: 115

Total: 200

Don't get me wrong, I think Boba's ability is cool and it would be neat to see people play with it, but Imperials are going to dominate now.

11 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

Ruthless win ? I'm not fully convinced by this card and too bad Tarkin lose because Tarkin vs Leia would be much more fun about fluff and thematic (hope vs fear) :(

...it's a bit hard to win a vote when you aren't even one of the candidates mate.

7 hours ago, apoapsis said:

Unfortunately since Ruthless won the Imperial poll I imagine they'll come up with something like this

<snip>

Don't get me wrong, I think Boba's ability is cool and it would be neat to see people play with it, but Imperials are going to dominate now.

Yeah, I voted for Palp. Also an iconic SW character, but not quite as interesting  effect as new Leia or new Boba Fett. I still felt it was the best of the four Imperial choices. Unfortunately, Ruthless won. Ruthless certainly is a good card in the hands of someone running a few TIE/ln blockers, but I don't find it as interesting. Honestly, another Palp aces list wouldn't probably be very interesting either, but oh well. 

I do think that Imperials will have an advantage going into the list building stage.

6 hours ago, Volkomor said:

Fearless it is

Well, 1hr and 45min to go in voting, and Boba Fett is leading at 41%, with the next being Fearless at 27%.

Never bet against the Fett.

Edited by kris40k

5 hours ago, LordBlades said:

IMO voting for Boba won't let you see top players use Boba, it will let you see top players use Empire. 

Last year I remember they had to bring one of each list, but I don't remember how using each of them was decided on at the table.

5 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Well, 1hr and 45min to go in voting, and Boba Fett is leading at 41%, with the next being Fearless at 27%.

Never bet against the Fett.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and disintegrate... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

51 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Last year I remember they had to bring one of each list, but I don't remember how using each of them was decided on at the table.

Based on what people holding Coruscant invites have posted on Facebook, at least as far as they know,  this year it's 'bring a squad, include the mandatory card for your chosen faction'. If true, this means anyone who intends to do good will fly Empire.