Canopus

Tops and flops in 2.0 so far?

12 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

gonna put in yet another mention for Palob

motherlover basically soloed a named four-fighter mini-swarm all higher Initiative than he was

What's the build on that?  I would still expect him to melt like he does now....

39 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

What's the build on that?  I would still expect him to melt like he does now....

Just Lando Moldy

Gotta use obstacles, obviously, and not just joust like a derp. But generally, he's sitting on anywhere between 2-4 focus. 

Don't forget your red boost and linked actions. Low I isn't really a problem with a turret and basic ability to plan ahead while around obstacles

He's running around with Sol (havoc, trajectory, genius, proton bombs, prix mines, ablative plating, ion cannon turret) to smash jousting formations. Wish we has more decent launchable bombs, but prox mines still get Sol's ability and close off approach vectors 

Then theres gunner Han, pro torps, dorsal, r4, expert handling kavil. Hits like a dumptruck, dies like a mayfly. Def the weak link of the list, but he's the only turret worth a **** so...

seriously, he costs 64 points...the same as an unupgraded Shadowport Hunter

Edited by ficklegreendice

I will have to try out Kavil.

Drea also features heavily in my theorycrafting, as I'm looking forward to generic mini-swarms + buff/debuff support.

Disappointed you can't fly Tribots as suggested, but IG-88A+C + 1337 Escape craft feat IG-88 D is also on my short list. 

On topic, my Flops would be the Elite slot. Not mandatory anymore as there aren't that many really strong ones (which might be a good thing for generics).

And cannon. Nothing very interesting there now that they give range bonuses to the defender. HLC Scyks might be fun but probably far from reliable/efficient. Then again cannon crowded out all other ordnance in 1.0 so probably deliberate and good. Just a shame for Brobots.

Edited by westiebestie