Canopus

Tops and flops in 2.0 so far?

32 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Chopper giving out jams to people already bumped

Wait, this is hilarious.

They totally changed the way Jam worked in 2.0 without coming back to this.

16 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Wait, this is hilarious.

They totally changed the way Jam worked in 2.0 without coming back to this.

yep

I mean, it makes sense if a higher I pilot bumps into a lower I pilot and then forces them to discard their green tokens

but chopper is I 2...so you're only countering start-of-engagement effects (but ONLY if you're the 2nd player...so you gotta bid) or Moldy Crow

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

yep

I mean, it makes sense if a higher I pilot bumps into a lower I pilot and then forces them to discard their green tokens

but chopper is I 2...so you're only countering start-of-engagement effects (but ONLY if you're the 2nd player...so you gotta bid) or Moldy Crow

Eh, he'll be useful for breaking locks, shutting down AdvSens tokens, System phase shenanigans, coordinate, etc.  Not amazing, but he's one of the cheapest pilots for a reason.  Zeb crew seems like a reasonable take, as you can be sure they are tokenless.

7 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Chopper used to give stress, now he gives jam.

Hm...not necessarily the best ability, but I guess I'm struggling to see what some people are finding so ludicrous about it.

what are you guys talking about with chopper and jam?

2.0 crew is the same he was before, "take an action while stressed, suffer 1 damage" only now it has "expose a damage card instead" option.
2.0 astro is a regen using nonreoccuring charges from other upgrades or spending shields to get nonreoccuring charges back.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:04 PM, nikk whyte said:

I really like skull squad fangs with fearless. 

They move fast, and don’t need to link every turn, but not when they get the chance they hit hard. 

At 53pts each, what are you pairing 3 of them with, Palob? I really looked forward to them being 47-49p naked so I could fly 4 with e.g. fearless. But at 50 base the appeal is lower.

Anybody fly IG-88s?

Edited by westiebestie

10 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

At 53pts each, what are you pairing 3 of them with, Palob? I really looked forward to them being 47-49p naked so I could fly 4 with e.g. fearless. But at 50 base the appeal is lower.

Anybody fly IG-88s?

I'm only flying 2 of them, with Boba Fett. He's too big to ignore, really lets the fangs do their job. 

8 hours ago, intoxicatedALF said:

Flop: Scum Han Solo Pilot. The ship it self handles differently... the lack of the 1 hards is noticeable, though the sloops are welcome. Setting up Hans ability is extremely difficult, even taking the largest obstacles, setting them up well and flying around them I found myself often missing the shots through them. The one good shot I managed to get was from dropping a rigged Cargo Chute on an enemy and shooting with 6 dice through it. Unfortunately it was at a defender and even with 5 hits I only managed to get a single damage through. It really is an all or nothing Ship which fits well with the gambling theme, but is going to take a lot of practice and skill to use effectively. 

Strong disagree here.

Han can be made to throw a zillion dice without much effort. the hardest part is modding them all. oh look, scum lando crew. 

4 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

Biggest flop is Imperial pilot abilities. They seem to generally be weaker or work worst on their ships or trying to fit in list i.e. Fel, Karsabi, Vessery.

you must not have seen how every tie fighter is amazing now

2 hours ago, Effenhoog said:

I'm really feeling like the generic kimogila with expert handling and r4 astromech coming in at a lean 48 points has a lot of unexplored potential.  The upgrade its dial gets from the astromech is transformative, though it's still capped at speed 3 maneuvers.

R4 is only for Small ships

---

Top:

Firespray and StarViper. I'd say they were the most improved Scum ships.

Flop:

Fang Fighter price and loss of Modification slot. You can't even field 5 of the I1 generic version anymore

Edited by Volkomor

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

what are you guys talking about with chopper and jam?

2.0 crew is the same he was before, "take an action while stressed, suffer 1 damage" only now it has "expose a damage card instead" option.
2.0 astro is a regen using nonreoccuring charges from other upgrades or spending shields to get nonreoccuring charges back.

VCX100 pilot Chopper

18 minutes ago, Volkomor said:

Flop:

Fang Fighter price and loss of Modification slot. You can't even field 5 of the I1 generic version anymore

And thank God for that. 

The little generics come with built-in title and (limited, but present) PtL. No way would 5 of them be acceptable. They're a steal at 44 points. 

so not enough testing yet, but one game was enough to know that Redline is hilarious

Expensive, yes, but if you fly him well (don't get swiss cheesed by concentrated fire) then there's no stopping the pain train

Between Sensors, Ability, and Fifth Bro, there's nothing stopping you from hitting full mods every time, all the time

"Redline" — TIE Punisher 44
Advanced Sensors 8
Proton Torpedoes 9
Cluster Missiles 5
Fifth Brother 12
Ship Total: 78

"Howlrunner" — TIE Fighter 40
Elusive 3
Ship Total: 43

Del Meeko — TIE Fighter 30
Ship Total: 30

Academy Pilot — TIE Fighter 23
Ship Total: 23

48 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

so not enough testing yet, but one game was enough to know that Redline is hilarious

Expensive, yes, but if you fly him well (don't get swiss cheesed by concentrated fire) then there's no stopping the pain train

Between Sensors, Ability, and Fifth Bro, there's nothing stopping you from hitting full mods every time, all the time

"Redline" — TIE Punisher 44
Advanced Sensors 8
Proton Torpedoes 9
Cluster Missiles 5
Fifth Brother 12
Ship Total: 78

"Howlrunner" — TIE Fighter 40
Elusive 3
Ship Total: 43

Del Meeko — TIE Fighter 30
Ship Total: 30

If you could squeeze bombs on there do you think you would find them useful?

45 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If you could squeeze bombs on there do you think you would find them useful?

eh, not terribly

you really don't want to be jousting with Redline so there's no real reason for people to be on his ***

personally wouldn't bother with 2nd ed bombs without Trajectory simulator or some really cool interaction (like Sol Sixxa with proximity mines or "Genius", but even then I give him Trajectory Simulator)

did think about running Trajectory Redline, but sensors are just too **** good. Guess we gotta leave it for Death Rain.

maybe put bombs on bombers? they're cheap enough to maybe merit some points spent

32 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

maybe put bombs on bombers? they're cheap enough to maybe merit some points spent

Can confirm 100%

TIE bombers are now stupid good at bombing. 3 with protons still takes up less than half your list. Make a great way to clear the field after stripping shields with your Alpha strike or what have you.

Also quite durable and maneuverable, and the linked action helps more than you would think. Will always be my go-to filler.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

7 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

lol, it takes 2 proton torpedoes minimum. Iden erases one from existence. 

Not everyone will run Iden all the time. 

6 hours ago, DR4CO said:

And thank God for that. 

The little generics come with built-in title and (limited, but present) PtL. No way would 5 of them be acceptable. They're a steal at 44 points. 

Well...

The problem with the Fang is the title and dealing WAAY too much damage.  I'm real happy that they are no longer cheaper than Interceptors, but I feel they are bit overpriced... Granted, so are Interceptors, compared to the X-wing. 

I think Fangs are the heaviest hitting PTL-esque ships in the game now. They have native lock and Fenn Rau is as obnoxious as ever. I think they can outdamage (and joust) every other similar ship. 

Asking whether or not you should run Iden in a TIE swarm is like asking whether or not you should run Autothrusters on 1st Edition Soontir. The answer is yes, you should, and if you don't you're a fool.