Canopus

Tops and flops in 2.0 so far?

Tops:

Phantoms are A+ material, good lord! Cheap and effective and fun as **** to maneuver. You gotta dart around obstacles to not get ruined by concentrated fire, but they're fun and their economical price makes it okay to take the occasional risk

Vermeil is very decent, despite being squishy and very difficult to manuever on a medium base. He is elevated by Darth Vader (Crew)...holy **** yes!!!! Guaranteed damage!!!!!!!!!!!!! and by 0-0-0, who is stupidly good for its cost. Don't even worry about jam (though it's fine when you can get it), Vermeil's ability + crew make him useful when after losing actions to bumps or sloops

Gunner Han Boba and Lando Moldy Palob are just mean. Highly recommended

Biggs is back, baby! Incredible ability and protects your squishies

Airen is going to be amazing for his cost (and for the massive buff missiles got with multiple charges). Combined with Dutch and Biggs, he makes a list far more than the sum of its parts

Flops:

Braylen has an incredible ability...but that stress really neuters the poor guy. Might need to run with Cassian exclusively.

that's about all I got from testing so far, but I'm worried about the viability of large base ships. THey're wildly expensive

Also apparently you can't put two of the same upgrade on ship...so poor Deathrain is SoL until we get better bombs. He REALLY needs more than two protons and imo seismics are utter garbage. Sneaky empire ships really need obstacles to make their maneuverability count; removing them is counterproductive

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Gunner Han Boba and Lando Moldy Palob are just mean. Highly recommended

First 2E list I ran had these two together. Lots of fun. Whether together or apart, these two builds will probably be mainstays of my Scum lists for a while.

I am loving the list building challenge that all the new 2.0 stuff brings! I keep going back to fangs and Tie Fighters. Pretty much ALL of the fangs and tie fighters! It's not just the named pilots for the fangs and not just the generics for the Tie Fighters which is nice.

For flops I guess I'm having a difficult time with Tie Advanced other than Vader. I'm not sure if they are truly not great or I am just thinking with a 1.0 brain. Whenever I start building a tie advanced I slowly just end up using vader.

One flop that I keep running into is talent upgrades! Is anyone else just putting crack shot on everything? :)

Norra in her Y, Evaan and Luke have been consistently good.

The Z-95 with Concussions is remarkably dangerous for its low price point.

Horton is super meh. His ability is so bad. Thane is a cheap I5, so still pretty useful even when the ability isn't coming up. I don't dislike Dutch, but he's very action locked and not as cheap as Evaan or durable and high I as Norra.

17 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The TIE Aggressors are a flop.  More expensive than a Bomber, less useful than a Bomber.

The rule stating that you can't equip duplicate upgrades is a flop too.  Why can't I take two proton bombs on Deathrain?

Oh man, I was looking at the 2.0 builder and was thinking that Krennic on Whisper would give her a reason to take FCS, and that Double Edge would be a solid way to use the Optimized Prototype with a dorsal turret (also much easier to hit the Whisper lock with a turret than an arc)

19 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The TIE Aggressors are a flop.  More expensive than a Bomber, less useful than a Bomber.

The rule stating that you can't equip duplicate upgrades is a flop too.  Why can't I take two proton bombs on Deathrain?

Deathrain has Reload, so he has all the Proton Bombs he could ever need.

They killed the ability to equip duplicates because it lead to weird situations in 1.0 for cards like Tactician and RecSpec. It's one of those things that had the potential to be abusive, so they got rid of it early.

I've only played a single game, so not much to compare to but Advanced Sensor Defenders has exceeded my expectations.  I flew Ryad and Brath and I've never had so much fun flying Defenders.  Utterly unpredictable and survivable and still hit hard.

52 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

They're all flops..  I mean for the vast majority the game doesn't exist -  all it is is a few pdfs you can build lists from.   

I wrote new maneuvers on my 1E dials - they worked just fine.

3 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

Don’t sleep on Dutch as the great rebel enabler. 

Dutch is incredible. That range 1-3 for his ability. He just floats around handing locks to ships with proton torps that are talon rolling and kturning. Really quite amazing. Better than coordinate cause he gets a lock too. And he is cheap as dirt making your big boys punch hard.

4 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Deathrain has Reload, so he has all the Proton Bombs he could ever need.

They killed the ability to equip duplicates because it lead to weird situations in 1.0 for cards like Tactician and RecSpec. It's one of those things that had the potential to be abusive, so they got rid of it early.

What if I want Conner Nets?  :(

bit of a flop here, in that FFG was trying to get away from upgrade card bloat in 2nd ed

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 38
Lando Calrissian (Scum) 8
Moldy Crow 12
Ship Total: 58

Kavil — Y-Wing 42
Expert Handling *
Dorsal Turret 4
Proton Torpedoes 9
Han Solo (Scum) 4
R4 Astromech 2
Ship Total: 63

Sol Sixxa — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 49
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Proton Bombs 5
Proximity Mines 6
Ablative Plating 4
Havoc 4
Trajectory Simulator 3
"Genius" 0
Ship Total: 77

your move, FFG

EDIT: just played it

fun!

SCURRG dial is a piece of ****, but at least Sol ability with prox mines is amazing

Edited by ficklegreendice

Played a couple of games with E-Wings and they're super fun and held up well. The dial is insane with r4 Astro and slopping to recharge elusive, then double tap with Corran and follow it up with a blue hard turn away is just glorious.