TasteTheRainbow

The VCX-100 just kinda melts...

Saw+Lothal seems like a lot of damage for the points.  A cheap Hull Upgrade could help fuel Saw. 

Support ships also seem fine.

I've been looking at the same issue with Defenders.  They're tough as nails, but you need to find a way to do damage for all those points. 

21 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Saw+Lothal seems like a lot of damage for the points.  A cheap Hull Upgrade could help fuel Saw. 

Support ships also seem fine.

I've been looking at the same issue with Defenders.  They're tough as nails, but you need to find a way to do damage for all those points. 

Yea but a defender might not die if a couple x wings look at it for 3 rounds, lol. The VCX is doing nothing and also just on a timer.

Magva Yarro crew should be glued to the VCX. She will trigger everytime, and with lothal/chopper being I2 and Kanan at I3, there are a lot of ships that fire before them.

Combine that with Reinforce,Kanan ability, and you can fit in a Jan Ors, or Katarn with moldy title to toss the ghost a focus. Reinforce + Biggs is negating two damage, then add in Kanan's ability for more protection. 

Biggs Darklighter (48)
Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

Kanan Jarrus (90)
Magva Yarro (7)
Dorsal Turret (4)

Kyle Katarn (38)
Trick Shot (1)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

3 minutes ago, wurms said:

Magva Yarro crew should be glued to the VCX. She will trigger everytime, and with lothal/chopper being I2 and Kanan at I3, there are a lot of ships that fire before them.

Combine that with Reinforce,Kanan ability, and you can fit in a Jan Ors, or Katarn with moldy title to toss the ghost a focus. Reinforce + Biggs is negating two damage, then add in Kanan's ability for more protection. 

Biggs Darklighter (48)
Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

Kanan Jarrus (90)
Magva Yarro (7)
Dorsal Turret (4)

Kyle Katarn (38)
Trick Shot (1)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Looks nice, but you gotta keep them in arc for it to work. I think most craft can manage to outfly the non-Hera ghosts

The problem with the Ghost is the turrets. I don't think either are bad, but if a 4pt dorsal is your only shot for the Ghost, that's super weak for the points you paid. You need to line up the primary to really justify those points, but it's not terribly maneuverable either. I think Lando and Han Falcons are just significantly better.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Welcome to Decimatorville.

You'll have to actually fly well and dodge arcs to not die.

Was just gonna say this same thing. I love my Decimators and I know people won major events with them but without major skills or a whole lotta luck those things blow up so easy it’ll make your head spin. Thank god they have started making large bases tank not dodge because 1.0 large based mechanics were some serious bull.

Most of my recent experience is based on cheaper VCX without Sensor Jammer and other dice-****ing effects.

For defenses, I think Reinforce is really strong.  It'll take something like 10 focused 3-dice attacks to kill a reinforced Ghost.  With Evade tokens, split up over 2 turns, it'd take 8 on average to kill a plain VCX.  Surviving an extra 2 attacks despite two fewer HP is impressive, IMHO.  Hull Upgrade is also wicked cheap for a VCX, so probably worth tossing one on, too.

However, the loss of Fire Control System is going to be massive to cheap-VCX.  Those 4-dice attacks needed those TLs.  While a 2e Dorsal Turret Lothal Rebel is the same price as an Autoblaster version in 1e, not getting dirt-cheap red dice mods which still work when you're stressing yourself from the 5-K (the 4-K probably isn't that much worse...) is a massive loss in offensive output.

Massive nerfing to Red Dice was kind of the point of 2e, so I guess... work complete?

46 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Yea but a defender might not die if a couple x wings look at it for 3 rounds, lol. The VCX is doing nothing and also just on a timer.

A Lothal with saw should be putting out a ton of damage and is cheaper than many Defenders.

8 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Double modded 4 dice attacks with a single action and a horrific crit deck are pretty serious. 

I mean, even a basic Lothal with Saw is close to half your list and it hits about as hard as a proton torp and still has to line up arcs and take damage yo do it. Meh.

huh, this actually isn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be

Hera's mainly just there for I 5 at only 6 points over a lothal. 200 even

If bid required, remove r5 (cracken synergy) for maybe Elusive on Cracken or some other talent I haven't considered (or shield upgrade on Hera)

Hera Syndulla (VCX-100) — VCX-100 76
Magva Yarro 7
Saw Gerrera 8
Veteran Turret Gunner 8
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Ship Total: 105

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 48
R5 Astromech 5
Ship Total: 53

Airen Cracken — Z-95 Headhunter 36
Concussion Missiles 6
Ship Total: 42
Edited by ficklegreendice

AP5 sheathiped look very good on docked with Hera. And a docked ship is very good with veteran gunner ( if I am right, the docked ship add a primary firing arc that helps taking the best out of the veteran)

Sure this is expensive, but it is a good tank with many arcs. Maybe it is more a ship for beginners?

3 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

giphy.gif

Its a new age.

Hopefully the days of "here look at my 75 pt ship that only rolls hits and occasionally takes damage" are behind us. 

Im sure there is a ghost build that will come along either way. 

Force Crew/Gunner, Ion Turret, and a docked Shuttle are a decent place to start probably.  

I hoped the days of useless ships (if that is the case here) were past. So if it really is, it will just get adjusted down till playable.

1st edition hate is also something which is beyond me. Why do we have to punish ships now when so much changed because they were obnoxious under a different ruleset at different point cost with other upgrades?

Edited by ForceM

32 minutes ago, ForceM said:

I hoped the days of useless ships (if that is the case here) were past. So if it really is, it will just get adjusted down till playable.

1st edition hate is also something which is beyond me. Why do we have to punish ships now when so much changed because they were obnoxious under a different ruleset at different point cost with other upgrades?

Yeah the Jumpmaster suffered a similar fate. 

Ran rampant in 1st Edition? Better nerf it into utter uselessness in 2.0. 

4 hours ago, Delta57Dash said:

Yeah the Jumpmaster suffered a similar fate. 

Ran rampant in 1st Edition? Better nerf it into utter uselessness in 2.0. 

Oh probably yes, but you could argue they netfed that one into oblivion before 2.0

Still i find it unneccessary to do this for 2.0

But it was so hardcore undercosted and had a really nice combo of maneuvers and slots that this was really a good thing.