Sign in to follow this  
webslinger9

Fire in the Night

15 minutes ago, DarkPhoenix said:

Wait, so his action is just plop ally into play? Paying no resources and all? In the middle of combat? For 9 threat??

No, you still have to pay for the ally. The ability means that you can use resources of any type to do so.

I think the most powerful part of it is that you get to do it as a combat action.

4 minutes ago, rees263 said:

No, you still have to pay for the ally. The ability means that you can use resources of any type to do so.

I think the most powerful part of it is that you get to do it as a combat action.

Ah, that seems far more balanced.

Would work great with Greenwood Archer - plop the archer, hero readies, archer shoots someone, then Elvenking him back - hero readies again.

And since its play from hand stuff like Rumil works too.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Barring Dunedain antics, why would one ever want to put progress on the side quest: Rout the Goblins? It has an irritating when revealed effect, but it has no harmful lasting effects, nor a benefit for completing the quest. The only reason I could see is if you just are trying to avoid having your threat raise by questing with it when there are no other side quests. Am I missing something?

Rout-the-Goblins.jpg

It's not an appealing quest to target. However, given the right board state, you could want to do it. 1) All other side quest in play are ones that you don't want to target because something bad will happen when they are the current quest. Or 2) You won't be able to clear it because there are lots of Goblins in play, which you're good with, because you are trying not to have 3 quests in the victory display yet.

But for its own virtue, there's really not a reason to clear it.