Sign in to follow this  
webslinger9

Fire in the Night

So how are you all planning on getting around Dagnir’s 7 attack each round, starting on turn one? Chumping seems bad, and stacking attachments on a hero might be too slow. I guess you could get lucky with Beregond and two shields in your opening draw...

Edited by webslinger9

Oh man is this cycle awesome!

Thalion is incredible, finally making a side quest deck now!

The forest road traveler could be great in the upcoming Woodman hero deck as long as you can recycle rose attachments. 

Thranduil doesn't synergize with the celeborn galadriel combo but it is still awesome

Elvenking isn't really good for thranduil unless you want multiple defenses but I think I'd still like it if all it did was return an ally to hand

I cannot wait for the spoiled packs in this cycle

4 hours ago, player1683311 said:

Thranduil doesn't synergize with the celeborn galadriel combo but it is still awesome

Right, it does not synergize, but i makes silvan allies like Greenwood Archer, Galadhon Archer and Marksman of Lorien and Rumil more efficient.

Also, notice how Thranduil's stats are the same as his son's Legolas, just defense switched for attack?

I'm very glad to be getting Orcrist as a non-quest-dependent player card (as we will presumably be getting Glamdring, Sting, etc).

Thranduil might work with Galadriel-Celeborn, mostly as reasource moving, becouse most lore/spirit allies are questers. But I really like idea of Celebrimbor, Galadriel, Argalad deck focused on questing and defending, and Thranduil TLegolas and Haldir deck with ranged allies focuses almost solely on attack, with elven mail for Thranduil giving him sentinel.

When defending the town against the dragon.  Excess damage goes on the town.  The defender still does right?  Why would they say Thrandruil is a good defender for the town?  7 attack kills him.

I eagerly await Orcrist.  It may replace Steward of Gondor for in some of my decks.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:45 AM, jc1138 said:

I'm very glad to be getting Orcrist as a non-quest-dependent player card (as we will presumably be getting Glamdring, Sting, etc).

And yes, this will fuel my dreams of a player card Sting for a while.

25 minutes ago, JusticeLizard said:

I eagerly await Orcrist.  It may replace Steward of Gondor for in some of my decks.

I agree, Orcrist looks pretty sick.

Grimbeorn+Captain of Gondor+Orcrist = You defend for 4 then attack back for essentially 8 and get your resource back.

I don’t think I can do guarded artifacts in my decks.  The extra encounter card early game is tough for me to deal with. And if it’s late game, I either can’t deal with extra encounter card, or I can.  If I can, then it’s a “win more” card to me.

Yeah I totally agree, that's how it struck me.  Early game is when you want that resource acceleration.

When you can deal with an extra encounter card you are doing fine. 

Sword of Numenor never gets played although you must exhaust it and the enemy needs 5 or more hit points. But this is unique and guarded so I feel they both have pluses and minuses.  I like the theme of these being guarded, this and arkenstone but orcist does not seem worth it to me.  Time And playing it will tell

24 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

At least the guard for player cards is added.  There's typically plenty of locations/enemies that aren't so bad when added instead of revealed.

Good point. A good way to negate a devastating when revealed effect. It can also be looked at as a form of scrying.

Edited by stimpaksam

The guarded player cards could make Shadow of the Past useful again, and might even help the case for the Palantir. For off-sphere options, A Watchful Peace could be helpful (provided you don't burn the location as a shadow during combat) as well as the lore scrying events, especially Interrogation. With sufficient scrying, you could even have the unexpected benefit of discarding a nasty treachery off the top of the deck.

Edited by Kjeld

On 8/6/2018 at 11:45 AM, John Constantine said:

For the split second I thot Thalion was Talion from the Shadow of Mordor.

I had to double check the spelling too. Maybe it's supposed to be, unles anyone knows another unique character named Thalion in the lore?

1 hour ago, GILLIES291 said:

I had to double check the spelling too. Maybe it's supposed to be, unles anyone knows another unique character named Thalion in the lore?

Thalion means strong, steadfast or dauntless in Sindarin and is a title of Húrin, father of Túrin Turambar. Of course he has lived in the First Age and is long since dead.

4 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

On his recent interview with the card talk podcast, Caleb said that he chose the name Thalion as a deliberate attempt to translate his name into Sindarin. (Caleb in Hebrew meaning something like steadfast)