Sign in to follow this  
itzSteve

Ahsoka Tano question

Let's say I have a MC30T shooting it's side arc at a ship at close range. I roll the dice and come up with say a hit/blank/blank on the black dice. I use OE to reroll the the two blanks and they come up hit/blank. So at this point, I have hit/hit/blank and I really need the hit/crit to come up to process my ACM. The MC30 also has a nav token banked from a previous round. My question is, can I exhaust Ahsoka Tano at this point to change the nav token to a con fire token so I can then use it to reroll the blank die?

11 minutes ago, itzSteve said:

Let's say I have a MC30T shooting it's side arc at a ship at close range. I roll the dice and come up with say a hit/blank/blank on the black dice. I use OE to reroll the the two blanks and they come up hit/blank. So at this point, I have hit/hit/blank and I really need the hit/crit to come up to process my ACM. The MC30 also has a nav token banked from a previous round. My question is, can I exhaust Ahsoka Tano at this point to change the nav token to a con fire token so I can then use it to reroll the blank die?

Because of the wording on Ahsoka I see it as a legal move, as it says "During the activation..." and the attack is part of that activation.

With one minor note. Say that MC30 is using a confire dial, dial and token have to be resolved together.

He couldn't for example, add the die, use OE and then decide he wanted to change the token to confire, he could but he wouldn't be able to use it for that attack.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, Karneck said:

With one minor note. Say that MC30 is using a confire dial, dial and token have to be resolved together.

He couldn't for example, add the die, use OE and then decide he wanted to change the token to confire, he could but he wouldn't be able to use it for that attack.

As long as it's the same attack I don't follow...

1 hour ago, GiledPallaeon said:

As long as it's the same attack I don't follow...

Because you have to decide if you’re spending the dial and token after you reveal the dial not later during the attack. 

7 hours ago, Vetnor said:

Because you have to decide if you’re spending the dial and token after you reveal the dial not later during the attack. 

How does it work if you are using Concentrate Fire dial and have a CF token already. Do you have to declare that you are going to use the token at the point you choose to add the dice from CF dial? Or can you choose to use the token after you've added the dice? If the later then I think the original interpretation is fine. If the former then yes, Ahsoka would have to be triggered before the dice from CF dial was added. 

11 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

How does it work if you are using Concentrate Fire dial and have a CF token already. Do you have to declare that you are going to use the token at the point you choose to add the dice from CF dial? Or can you choose to use the token after you've added the dice? If the later then I think the original interpretation is fine. If the former then yes, Ahsoka would have to be triggered before the dice from CF dial was added. 

In this case, it doesn't matter - the point is that you can't resolve any upgrade card inbetween the add and the reroll, including Ahsoka but also cards like Ordnance Experts or whatever. As soon as some other card resolves, you've moved on from the concentrate resolution.

1 hour ago, Zamalekite said:

Do you have to declare that you are going to use the token at the point you choose to add the dice from CF dial?

This is the correct way. If you have a concentrate fire dial and token, as you can only resolve each command once per round, you have to decide weather you'll spend the dial alone or the dial+token before resolving anything. You could for instance say that you'll resolve both, get a roll good enough to not want to reroll any dice with the token and you could choose to do so (reroll 0 dice), but you've already spent the token, so you lost it.

Also related to this is a common mistake I used to make during my first matches which was when I had a squadron dial and token. I used to resolve the dial and then choose weather or not use the token and anounce it, but it's the same case as above, you have to declare it when you spend the dial if you'll spend also the token or not.

Thanks both. Similar question then regarding nav token. When you get the movement tool out is that a use of the command? Do you have to declare that you are using a token as well as the dial before you pick up the measurement tool? Or can you decide if you want to use the token after you've measured? For example to make an additional change to speed or use nav team ability? 

6 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

Thanks both. Similar question then regarding nav token. When you get the movement tool out is that a use of the command? Do you have to declare that you are using a token as well as the dial before you pick up the measurement tool? Or can you decide if you want to use the token after you've measured? For example to make an additional change to speed or use nav team ability? 

It’s slightly different.

You are allowed to freely manipulate the tool at that point.  You’re not technically restricted to only looking at maneuvering at your current speed/yaw.

You just need to make your Dial/Token spending declaration before you lock the tool in and execute.

And only if something was spent, did you execute a Nav Command.... even if you do nothing with it... 

Edited by Drasnighta