Zogwort

Any idea when fighter packs will be available again???

Greetings Admirals,

I've been quite inactive with this game for a while now but want to get back into it now that the SSD has been announced and plan to catch up and collect the ships I do not already own. 

Anyway despite being inactive I still keep my eye on releases and whatnot. The reason why I haven't jumped back into the game sooner is that every time I feel like I'm interested in collecting/playing again, I see that the basic Fighter I packs are out of print and the secondary marked prices are insane! Has there been any word as to when I could expect these packs (which I feel are essential to the game) might be back in stock?

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

As of 4/26/2018 both fighter squadron I packs are awaiting a reprint. If you go to upcoming products you can see what stage they're at and the time frame for each stage (not 100% accurate) so it'll be a while still.

That's a super useful area to look at. I see CC is on the boat, might need to get that soon. 

From a business standpoint you'd want to keep your most iconic items in stock at ALL TIMES. So anything that has been in the movies are top priority. Followed by things in TV shows by ratings. 

I got really lucky this summer and found a Star Wars Armada: Rebel Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack I at "Bed Bath & Beyond" of all places. :lol:

I paid a little more but considering the state of the inventory and the frequency of updates on it from FFG, I bought it.

Though no way am I paying over $25 for plastic and cards again. Ebay prices on them are just cra cra!

I'm really agitated with how much priority the Imperial & Rebel packs I's are getting.  It would be nice to be able to buy them when the Super Star Destroyer arrives.

Also to note the B-wings being slower than a shuttle is so crazy. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Y-wings are suppose to be slower than a B-wing.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, Draconis80 said:

From a business standpoint you'd want to keep your most iconic items in stock at ALL TIMES. So anything that has been in the movies are top priority. Followed by things in TV shows by ratings. 

I got really lucky this summer and found a Star Wars Armada: Rebel Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack I at "Bed Bath & Beyond" of all places. :lol:

I paid a little more but considering the state of the inventory and the frequency of updates on it from FFG, I bought it.

Though no way am I paying over $25 for plastic and cards again. Ebay prices on them are just cra cra!

I'm really agitated with how much priority the Imperial & Rebel packs I's are getting.  It would be nice to be able to buy them when the Super Star Destroyer arrives.

Also to note the B-wings being slower than a shuttle is so crazy. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Y-wings are suppose to be slower than a B-wing.

B-wings don't have heavy. All I can guess is they figure Y-wings have a better straight line speed and B-wings are more maneuverable. How/why they decided that I'm not sure. But if you really want to you can get them to speed 4-6 (AFFM, FCT, Independence). 

Just now, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

B-wings don't have heavy. All I can guess is they figure Y-wings have a better straight line speed and B-wings are more maneuverable. How/why they decided that I'm not sure. But if you really want to you can get them to speed 4-6 (AFFM, FCT, Independence). 

In X-wing game B-wings are really slow too, but can maneuver far far better than Y-wings.

I'm guessing that's a big part of the equation.

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

In X-wing game B-wings are really slow too, but can maneuver far far better than Y-wings.

True, there are some conflicting info/impressions of different ships sometimes. Personally I quite like the B-wings and don't find their speed that bad since there are ways to improve it. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

True, there are some conflicting info/impressions of different ships sometimes. Personally I quite like the B-wings and don't find their speed that bad since there are ways to improve it. 

In X-wing 2.0 the X-wing is now situationally faster than the TIE fighter 👌

Posted (edited)

I've been playing around 2 years now. I've noticed them to have be restocked "around" late Feb each year. Seems like they produce enough to last through March (assuming you're stateside) and then it's crazytime prices again. My recommendation would be to check around local stores for now, especially the smaller ones without internet storefronts. They'll "eventually" be back in stock but FFG is f-awful about restocking this stuff in a timely manner. 

Edit: Side note, when they are available buy 1 extra pack than you need of both. I'm not saying this so you can resell them for the crazytime prices(though you can, I'm not your mom you do what you want), but more so if you NEED those two extra fighters for whatever fleet you're wanting to build you dont have to worry about paying 50 monies just to do so. 

Edited by dominosfleet

Just now, Green Knight said:

In X-wing 2.0 the X-wing is now situationally faster than the TIE fighter 👌

Very interesting. I am just starting to reread the X-wing series and fairly early in it says X-wings are about the same speed as TIE fighters but the TIE's are more maneuverable. I always thought TIE's were a bit faster so I found this odd. But I think in games things like speed are used for balancing not just fluff. 

I try to keep an eye on Amazon in particular. Something's up with their pricing system, and I've scored Rogues and Villains for half their MSRP on the Australian site. They also tend to have a delay on stock availability over other retailers, so I don't have to compete with the rush as much.

1 hour ago, Astech said:

I try to keep an eye on Amazon in particular. Something's up with their pricing system, and I've scored Rogues and Villains for half their MSRP on the Australian site. They also tend to have a delay on stock availability over other retailers, so I don't have to compete with the rush as much.

Amazon pricing can fluctuate on a daily basis.  In general for Armada, if an item is well stocked you should never have to pay full retail on Amazon and many items fluctuate in price regularly.  Rogues and Villains is a good example, Flotillas are another and recently the two ISD expansions have fluctuated between the same price and almost a $20 difference in price.  If you are looking at something on amazon it is worth it to track it for a couple weeks if you can to see what the best price is.  I have an add on that does this for me that seems to work pretty well.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:03 PM, Green Knight said:

Is it sad that I immediately went to refute this because whenever I see "X-wing" I think the old PC flight sim? Here I am still stuck on old games. lol