RedMageStatscowski

Release date?

So, the official word is Q4, so Oct, Nov, or Dec. Though I have seen a place listing preorders shipping in December, as well as September and October, so its really not clear. Pictures from gencon make it look like the game is ready to roll out, but FFG has it listed as still "in development," and not even at the printer much less on the boat. I really want to get into this game ASAP too!

I hope for a (pre-)release in Essen (end of October), and a general release in time with the World Championship Event in early November.

(Well, ithat means if there is a World Championship Event in November. Couldn't find any information about that.)

30 minutes ago, Ooipooi said:

I hope for a (pre-)release in Essen (end of October), and a general release in time with the World Championship Event in early November.

(Well, ithat means if there is a World Championship Event in November. Couldn't find any information about that.)

THIS. I'm at Essen too this year so if they sell decks there it will be something...well....just hope it won't be just in german...not that I don't speak the language nor understand it but...Well ? 

Yes, German translations of FFG card games had their ups and downs in the past, but I'm really not concerned about this for KeyForge.

I don't know any other game where it is this easy to switch to a verson in another langue. ;)

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:02 AM, Ooipooi said:

The non-Star Wars World Championship will be in November (first week or so).  They tend not to give out much information about things.  Not sure why.

I really, really want to play this as an 8-person-pod side event at Worlds this year.  I got introduced to SW Destiny draft this past Worlds (in May) and truly could not get enough.

I'm predicting $12-$15 for a game.  You get a random deck & 5 minuets to review.  Then it's on!

Edited by Duciris

I saw a youtube video interview with fantasy flight and they said November. That could be just a safe time to give and it could release earlier. I would be shocked if it did not release before Black Friday, that could be a huge misstep, this game would make excellent stocking stuffers.

Also hoping for a pre-release in Essen.

Asmodee Germany did the announcement in German immediately after the FFG announcement.  It is likely that the German translation will be available early.

I imagine it'll be around Mid October - November - LCGs the last few years have released around then:

On 8/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, Ooipooi said:

Yes, German translations of FFG card games had their ups and downs in the past, but I'm really not concerned about this for KeyForge.

I don't know any other game where it is this easy to switch to a verson in another langue. ;)

Mostly downs as far as I remember (sorry, just not a big fan of Heidelberger)

I read somewhere that they are printing Keyforge in Germany.  So expect it to hit stores 5-6 weeks after its status changes to “On the boat”, assuming FFG updates status as soon as shipping occurs.  My guess is middle of November.

I,ve seen release events planned from nov 15-18 by store owners in europe that I know were invited by Asmodee for demo games. So nothing official but if I were a betting man, my money would be on November 15th

4 hours ago, Palpster said:

I,ve seen release events planned from nov 15-18 by store owners in europe that I know were invited by Asmodee for demo games. So nothing official but if I were a betting man, my money would be on November 15th

Same here, my retailer has it on Nov 15.

Early release events:

October 20th Essen, Germany Unperfekthaus Ticketing 64
October 20th London, England The Kia Oval Ticketing 64
October 21st Paris, France Les Mauvais Joueurs Ticketing 64
October 30th Madrid, Spain La Industrial Eventos Ticketing 64
November 3rd Copenhagen, Denmark Bastard Café Ticketing 64
November 11th Eindhoven, Netherlands Spellenspektakel 2018 Ticketing 64

So November 15 date is probably accurate for the official release date.

On that early events page, the link for the London event has the following text that appears to be lifted/badly translated from the Essen page (without even changing the location):-

Its only a couple of weeks until the release of the game and to let time until then run faster you can now get your ticket for the first german KeyForge tournament on 20th Ocotber in Essen

So if remotely true, the game is out 2 weeks after 20th October, so that sounds like 3rd November. Ish.

That page also says tickets go on sale 28th September, so it’s *possible* it means two weeks from then - unlikely though as that would mean the game would be out before any of these events.

1 hour ago, Kevling said:

On that early events page, the link for the London event has the following text that appears to be lifted/badly translated from the Essen page (without even changing the location):-

FFG listed six pre-release events going on, between 20 October and 11 November, all in Europe. If 11 November is a pre-release event, I don't think the full release is going to happen before then.

4 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

NOVEMBER?!! Jeez FFG, why not drop it on December 24, right in time for xmass!

Oh well guess it gives me enough time to buy and play some transformers CCG.

Ugh too many games coming out in the final quarter of this year that I've spent a small fortune on. Including the Transformers CCG. Really wish it was made by Fantasy Flight and was a LCG instead.

Wow, what an nonsense. Think it will hurt the game a lot that only some stores get to launch it earlier then others. If this is the first sign of how things are gonna be organized, then I wont believe the future looks bright for this game. I as an storemanager are already seriously thinking of not even supporting it now.

6 hours ago, Xelto said:

FFG listed six pre-release events going on, between 20 October and 11 November, all in Europe. If 11 November is a pre-release event, I don't think the full release is going to happen before then.

The article has these pre-release events "well in advance" of the general release. I am getting to the point where a late Q1 seems more than likely.