Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

GenCon loot already on eBay...

Just lugging this bag through the airport headed home and was wondering how much was already on eBay. Quite a bit. 

Was shocked to see the plastic Lando alt art card up for sale. They gave one as a prize in the Hanger Bay tournament yesterday. Not sure where else they awarded it. Really nice card!! Got to curiously watch the two up for sale. 

Insane. It releases in a month -- who's going to pay double price for a core set or conversion kit?

The one that really takes the cake is the $800 "buy it now" for the full wave one ... I think my preorder for most of that ran around $170 at my FLGS.

I do hope us non-GenCon plebs can get access to the new 2.0 alt arts somehow, maybe via store kits.

10 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

You’d be surprised :wacko:

Totally, if you don’t have emotional attachment to it and have patience to replace it you can make serious bank off people with no patience and too much money. I’d totally post things early to make money. I would have lost my shirt on Destiny if I hadn’t dumped it in the shortage. It is what it is, if people are willing to pay it, I’ll gladly sell it.

2 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

The biggest scam is the price they're asking for the promo damage deck.

I just pre-ordered from my flgs and it'll cost zero extra.

Everyone should pre-order the core set from their local store offering the promo deck, or ffg directly at the very least.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/

I’ve made my peace I can live without it. I had to use store credit from CSI and doubting they will get them but if so I’ll happily use it but if not it comes with one so not really that big of a deal. That’s just me though, give 2 craps about alt art cards too. Just nerd bling, has 0 effect on the game.

Also on a side note, slightly worried as the damage deck is numbered they can add or subtract to it at will. Gonna be hard to add big cards if they only make small ones easy to get. I don’t feel like chasing damage deck cards.

15 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I’ve made my peace I can live without it. I had to use store credit from CSI and doubting they will get them but if so I’ll happily use it but if not it comes with one so not really that big of a deal. That’s just me though, give 2 craps about alt art cards too. Just nerd bling, has 0 effect on the game.

Also on a side note, slightly worried as the damage deck is numbered they can add or subtract to it at will. Gonna be hard to add big cards if they only make small ones easy to get. I don’t feel like chasing damage deck cards.

They started numbering the damage deck with the second core set release, so you could tell if you were missing a card more easily. Even this promo deck is numbered, as can be seen in the photos of the link I posted.  They'll errata an effect before forcing everyone to buy a new damage deck regardless of its size.

5 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

They started numbering the damage deck with the second core set release, so you could tell if you were missing a card more easily. Even this promo deck is numbered, as can be seen in the photos of the link I posted.  They'll errata an effect before forcing everyone to buy a new damage deck regardless of its size.

I wasn’t thinking a new deck persay but something like, faq drop, subtract cards 6-8 and add cards 31-33 if using X ship in your squad. And those cards would come with that ship. Just an idea and another way to add some control variance to over-powered ships. Want the meta destroying monster? Ok cool but you get some crippling damage cards for it ?

Edited by LordFajubi

1 minute ago, Hawkstrike said:

This is FFG. They number everything. I wouldn't get excited.

Haven’t been excited about x wing in roughly 2 years so no worries. 2.0 looks promising but already see a couple things that look “too good” and some things “wtf bad”. Impossible to know without playing but look forward to finding out.