JadinED

Admiral Piett commander card spoiled (corrected)

Name: Piett's Posse v2
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Piett

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Solar Corona

Interdictor Combat Refit (93)
• Admiral Piett (32)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Interdictor (3)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
= 157 Points

Imperial II (120)
• Wulff Yularen (7)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Sovereign (4)
= 160 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Comms Net (2)
• Suppressor (4)
= 34 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
= 32 Points

Squadrons:
• 2 x TIE Fighter Squadron (16)
= 16 Points

Total Points: 399

4 hours ago, Divad said:

Honestly for 32 pts there must be more to this card, because simply turning a token to a dial for a single ship per turn is rather crap.

Well...two ships, if one of them is the Interdictor.  Of course, that makes him effectively 35 pts instead of 32, but double-dials all game long for both ships - with one of those dials for each ship basically always being decided turn-of (presuming Comms Net around)...isn't terrible.

6 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Well...two ships, if one of them is the Interdictor.  Of course, that makes him effectively 35 pts instead of 32, but double-dials all game long for both ships - with one of those dials for each ship basically always being decided turn-of (presuming Comms Net around)...isn't terrible.

But he‘s still only really usable or rather effective with an interdictor - it highly limits his list building value.

And Might be alone on this, but I think that no single commander should (albeit self restricted) have to be run with a ship. I mean you can play him without, but his usefulness massively decreases.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

But he‘s still only really usable or rather effective with an interdictor - it highly limits his list building value.

And Might be alone on this, but I think that no single commander should (albeit self restricted) have to be run with a ship. I mean you can play him without, but his usefulness massively decreases.

Well he looks to be extremely powerful with 1 ship, maybe 2 so he would be great for lists With ISD Christmas trees that can get a lot of benifit from 2 dials. The intersictor is not necessary, although he could definitely benifit from the Interdictor

Also he will probably be great with the SSD

20 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

I will remind you of this everytme I see you with a comms net gozanti.

Name: Piett's Posse v3
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Piett

Assault: Station Assault
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Solar Corona

Star Dreadnought Command Prototype (220)
• Admiral Piett (22)
• Wulff Yularen (7)
• Agent Kallus (3)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Enhanced Armament (10)
• Advanced Projectors (6)
= 287 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
= 27 Points

Squadrons:
• Dengar (20)
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Howlrunner (16)
• Zertik Strom (15)
= 86 Points

Total Points: 400

Edited by JadinED

32 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Well he looks to be extremely powerful with 1 ship, maybe 2 so he would be great for lists With ISD Christmas trees that can get a lot of benifit from 2 dials. The intersictor is not necessary, although he could definitely benifit from the Interdictor

Also he will probably be great with the SSD

You turned me, I was too fixed at the 1 (2) ships per turn part and now he really seems reasonable

21 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

I will remind you of this everytme I see you with a comms net gozanti.

I honestly don’t even own a gozzer, I‘ll shut the door on my way out ... ?

2 hours ago, bleezy said:

You can see the card at a slightly different angle in this promotional picture: swm20_anc_slider.jpg

I agree with your reading of the first sentence, but the second sentence looks different to me.

Hold on can we just take to look at the card art of the top ship card? THAT IS SOME BEAUTY!

7 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Question:

If the SSD has a command token and Piett, can it then resolve command A) for dial+token (SSD huge ship special ab) AND spend token B) as a dial and also get the dial+token effect?

Example: Has a Squad token, flips up a eng dial. Spends eng dial for 4+2 pts, then spends squad token and taps Piett for 5+1 squad activation?

MS-1 Ion Cannons might make a comeback. :D

Edited by Bertie Wooster

9 hours ago, JadinED said:

In other words, when you already planned on firing into a general forward direction, you may now INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER...

Now we just need Arvel in the game XD. 

Was discussing this with a friend, he came up with this:

“When you are destroyed, if you are at range 1 of an unshielded hull zone of a super star destroyer, remove the super star  destroyer from play.”

58 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

QBT is this ships default turbolaser I'd say (other than xi7) - six arcs and three shots to take advantage of that extra dice!

The big issue with QBTs is that things don't really need to go fast around you - once you're past its front arc, it just has 11 miles of side arc to fly past, which only get slightly worse as you approach the rear. In both of my test games against the Command Prototype so far (keeping in mind that we're just guessing on some rules and haven't seen titles) I've just ended up ramming it multiple times because I'd rather keep my guns trained on it.

Piett sounds strange to me.  

If I only spend a token?   Does this mean I can't use my dial?   I doubt that.  It's probably more like if I spend a dial, it has to be different than a token?   But to exhaust him?   That's weak.   Seems VERY weak.  I'm happy to try it out, but I just can't see that as being good.  

If he turned ALL tokens into full commands then I'd say we have some potential here.  Or at least let a ship use all of it's tokens as commands, so in the case where you get a ship with 3 tokens to activate, you can exhaust Piett to give it a power turn.  

We’re getting ahead of ourselves here, I think. Look at the sixth line of his card text, at the end of a sentence.  I could swear there are two hit symbols.  And when I say “sentence end,” it’s worth nothing I see three total sentences, not the two the OP interpreted.

Edited by The Jabbawookie