Sign in to follow this  
Animewarsdude

Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles

Nice models and cool maneuver system, minus 3D which seems to be low return..

I'm sad they kept the clunky chit-pull damage system from Wings of War and the d6 attacks, though. The opposed custom die system in X-wing and damage deck are much more elegant. A little less "realism" leads to quicker play.

3 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

I'm sad they kept the clunky chit-pull damage system from Wings of War and the d6 attacks, though. The opposed custom die system in X-wing and damage deck are much more elegant. A little less "realism" leads to quicker play.

True but then I know a number of people who hate FFG games solely due to the custom dice. I personally don't get it and feel FFG's dice are more to the point but some people prefer just using normal dice I guess.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, TasteTheRainbow said:

If the models are half that good I’ll at least give it a shot. I’m interested in how clunky that maneuver system feels.

Those models are production copies - so they should be exactly that good.  All the OTHER pieces were still prototypes.  

And the models looked gorgeous. Much bigger than x-wing models though. The guy thought they were probably same scale as WoG, 1/144 (12mm) scale. Could probably get away with using them in a cross over if you’re not too fussed about scale, but the size difference will definitely be noticeable. 

3 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

And the models looked gorgeous. Much bigger than x-wing models though. The guy thought they were probably same scale as WoG, 1/144 (12mm) scale. Could probably get away with using them in a cross over if you’re not too fussed about scale, but the size difference will definitely be noticeable. 

Maybe they are in scale with the A-Wing? :P

15 minutes ago, LTuser said:

They did look different and nicely made.  I wonder, whether they will have both old school raiders, and the like as well..

They have repeatedly said that they intend to do both old school designs and train wreck I mean reboot BSG

wonder how big the classic raiders will be? Three man craft, and fairly bulky, at 1/144 scale. 

Edited by Forgottenlore