Jump to content
Tonytt1642

Does Clone Wars mean new core set?...

Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2018 at 11:12 PM, WAC47 said:

Oh man the lack of Padme is concerning. 

 

Seriously. The first 3 Republic commanders should be Obi-wan, Anakin and Padme. 

But with her popularity, especially after being Rebels, I think they might use Ahsoka instead of Pademe for the 3rd commander. I also hope they add Captain Rex for the Clones and General Kalani for the Clankers as commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

But with her popularity, especially after being Rebels, I think they might use Ahsoka instead of Pademe for the 3rd commander. I also hope they add Captain Rex for the Clones and General Kalani for the Clankers as commanders.

I see both Ahsoka and Padme as being operatives for the Republic.  Neither of them really fit the command role well and there are too many other well known commanders to really try and force them into that rank.  I think that Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Cody, Rex, Mace Windu (though he could be an operative as well) would all come out before Padme or Ahsoka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I think a lot of who we see as commanders or operatives will depend on the new season(s). Convenient that Disney is bringing the Clone Wars cartoon back right as FFG is introducing Clone Wars to X-wing and Legion huh? 

?

I imagine its all rather planned. Marketing and all that :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018年8月4日 at 12:11 AM, devin.pike.1989 said:

I am curious to see if they go into the phantom menace at all or if they are restricting themselves to the cartoon. I wouldn't mind having some naboo security forces. 

I would like to see a Captain Panaka modeled squad leader for a Naboo squad. I really think they need to break it up so we are not forced to paint a ton of clone troopers just using different colors.

 

Edited by C3POFETT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Can you guys imagine just how freaking huge the general grievous model would be?

I know Grievous leaves alot of options for poses but I figured we would see him in a pose similar to Vader. Arm out pointing in the direction his troops should charge blindly into battle and lightsaber ignited at his side ready to slice his enemies down and of course wearing his cape.

Edited by C3POFETT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

I know Grievous leaves alot of options for poses but I figured we would see him in a pose similar to Vader. Arm out pointing in the direction his troops should charge blindly into battle and lightsaber ignited at his side ready to slice his enemies down and of course wearing his cape.

I could also see it being him with 4 lightsabers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

I could also see it being him with 4 lightsabers.

That would be the awesome pose for Greivous and would love to see it. Hope for the coolest pose and expect the safest one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a generic Jedi commander card and allowed you to insert which ever miniature you wanted. There are too many jedi in the clone wars to release them all but having the minis isn't the problem, its balancing that makes it difficult. 

Have one Jedi card and the ability to use obiwan, mace, plokoon, etc etc

Then you have room to release clone commanders, padme, other unique leaders.

Edited by chieftom22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grevious isnt utterly massive hes just bigger than a human.

I am curious how they'd do his melee. He without a doubt needs the strongest melee attack in the game since hes using 4 lightsabers, even if he never strikes with all 4 at once. But straightup 24 dice, even if theyre white (lol?), would just be outright silly. The only reason Obi could go toe-to-toe with him was because Obi just just too elusive.

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, chieftom22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a generic Jedi commander card and allowed you to insert which ever miniature you wanted. There are too many jedi in the clone wars to release them all but having the minis isn't the problem, its balancing that makes it difficult. 

Have one Jedi card and the ability to use obiwan, mace, plokoon, etc etc

Then you have room to release clone commanders, padme, other unique leaders.

I see your point and it probably makes sense from a game balance standpoint. But one of the big selling points FFG has been using for Legion is that it’s character driven.  I just don’t see them going any route where they don’t introduce unique abilities with those characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For grievous I could see them introducing a keyword that allows him to ignore the 1 attack action restriction.  That way he could attack twice but couldn't combine it with an aim token or move.  He will probably be kind of a glass cannon type character since he wont have access to force powers or deflect.

I'm actually more excited for Count Dooku since he will combine the melee strengths of Vader with the built-in force lightning attack of Palpatine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

For grievous I could see them introducing a keyword that allows him to ignore the 1 attack action restriction.  That way he could attack twice but couldn't combine it with an aim token or move.  He will probably be kind of a glass cannon type character since he wont have access to force powers or deflect.

I'm actually more excited for Count Dooku since he will combine the melee strengths of Vader with the built-in force lightning attack of Palpatine.

Each lightsaber weapon could be named after the former Jedi owner and given its own attack dice.  Then give him Arsenal 2.  Maybe also a Grievous-specific upgrade that would add two more lightsabers and Arsenal 2 again so players could actually choose how they wish to play him - wielding two or four lightsabers. 

If 6 dice is the default for lightsabers though, it would be really interesting to see what die pool each lightsaber provided.  I cannot see them doing 6 black dice per saber and his point cost being at a place to where he's playable (considering how difficult it is to get Vader to the table at 200). 

 

I'm trying to remember if he ever used a gun.  He could follow Boba Fett and have 3 weapons present on the bottom of his card if he ever used a blaster as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...