Ronu

First Order Initial thoughts.

So First order looks intriguing from the conversion kit stand point. Hopefully the F/O TIEs are priced well enough for a solid swarm. Could not get a read on the S/F or Silencers.

I get the feeling QD is done but cool to see they have their own gunner which should be cheaper given the specialized role. Also anxious to see Hux, and Phasma as crew. Also does Snoke spend force to mess with opponents dice instead of passing force tokens or is he a mirror of the Emperor just for the F/O?

I would expect at some point the F/O Bomber to show itself. Also back to looking at the ships. Will they price the S/F like they did the Agressors? That could make them shine. I expect Defenders level of pricing and Action bars crossed with the Interceptors ability, for the Silencers.

What are you looking forward to?

Edited by Ronu
Because I got ahead of myself.

Since they kept Dengars ability I guess Quickdraw is returning, with the same ability, maybe working with charges as long as you have shields or something like that. Atleast QDs art is in one of the card spreads from the article (the rest is obscured). Hoping they will keep the pricing at the same level, maybe lowering the cost of the generics.

Excited to see what becomes of the Upsilon, fearing they may remove one attack die. If they do that it will be much cheaper and that's good, but there's something about that 4 dice monster coming at you that I really like. Expecting it to be cheaper even if it keeps the 4 dice, it's a bit overcosted in 1.0. Maybe a drop down to 52-54 points in 2.0 (compared to the 30->60)?

30 minutes ago, Ronu said:

So First order looks intriguing from the conversion kit stand point. Hopefully the F/O TIEs are priced well enough for a solid swarm. Could not get a read on the S/F or Silencers.

I get the feeling QD is done but cool to see they have their own gunner which should be cheaper given the specialized role. Also anxious to see Hux, and Phasma as crew. Also does Snoke spend force to mess with opponents dice instead of passing force tokens or is he a mirror of the Emperor just for the F/O?

I would expect at some point the F/O Bomber to show itself. Also back to looking at the ships. Will they price the S/F like they did the Agressors? That could make them shine. I expect Defenders level of pricing and Action bars crossed with the Interceptors ability, for the Silencers.

What are you looking forward to?

Well, if the conversion kit is anything to go by it seems like:

3 Silencers so 60 - 70 point range

7 Tie/fo so Late 20s to 30 point range

5 Tie/so so 40 point range like an X-Wing or Tie Advanced level role

3 Upsilons so 60 point range.

Take all this with a grain of salt, but I'd think they'd only give you enough to field 200 points so at least initially this is what we are looking at.  

40 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Well, if the conversion kit is anything to go by it seems like:

3 Silencers so 60 - 70 point range

5 Tie/so so 40 point range like an X-Wing or Tie Advanced level role

3 Upsilons so 60 point range.

Take all this with a grain of salt, but I'd think they'd only give you enough to field 200 points so at least initially this is what we are looking at.  

It will be interesting to see, the resistance makes sense with the 4’s and 3’s but again this is probably naked or near naked cost so while possible is not likely a good idea. I’m hoping the 2 ship meta shapes up into a more 4ish ship meta. At least 4 ships with good upgrades. 

4 minutes ago, Sk3tch said:

If competitive play is wave locked then seeing one 1 ship released in the wave makes me sad. However im sure by wave 3 they'll have some options again.

I don't think all of competitive but there is the option for them to limit competitions to only rereleased waves, or even speicif ships like they mentioned with the battle of Scarrif like stuff. 

So just looking and thinking about the Orders ships.

TIE F/O - Basic Fighter

TIE S/F - Enhanced basic fighter can carry missles has limited direction Turret.

TIE S/V  (Silencer) - Super advanced fighter. (May get missles was not part of the 1.0 Variant)

Upsilon Class Shuttle - standard crew transport. 

Currently the F/O will be lacking both a dedicated ordnance carrier. As well as any type of bomber. Also a true Interceptor class craft. So what’s coming to fill those rolls? Hopefully those slick Hunters there are images of show up. As well as the F/O bomber. 

42 minutes ago, Ronu said:

Currently the F/O will be lacking both a dedicated ordnance carrier. As well as any type of bomber. Also a true Interceptor class craft. So what’s coming to fill those rolls? Hopefully those slick Hunters there are images of show up. As well as the F/O bomber. 

I am guessing we won’t see new ones until Resistance (the tv show) 

Unless they get advance notice from Disney? Or if there’s something in comics or books.

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Oh, just hadn't known they were called hunters and were just concept art from TFA if I remember correctly. 

The design resembles the TIE Hunter. 

45 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I am guessing we won’t see new ones until Resistance (the tv show) 

Unless they get advance notice from Disney? Or if there’s something in comics or books.

That and Episode IX... otherwise the F/O could end up behind a power Curve especially with the Clone War era stuff coming out.

6 hours ago, Ronu said:

So just looking and thinking about the Orders ships.

TIE F/O - Basic Fighter

TIE S/F - Enhanced basic fighter can carry missles has limited direction Turret.

TIE S/V  (Silencer) - Super advanced fighter. (May get missles was not part of the 1.0 Variant)

Upsilon Class Shuttle - standard crew transport. 

Lemme' help you here, no malice.

TIE/FO
TIE/SF
TIE/VN

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, Animewarsdude said:

Well, the basic TIE/fo is 15 in 1.0 and unlike the TIE fighter it already comes with segnor's loops. No-one would complain about a cost reduction but it's not desperate for one the way the basic TIE was.

It's also right on the boundary of max-of-6-ships-per-squad. Reducing it too much would allow a 7th ship, and the TIE/fo's superiority over the basic TIE/ln (+1 shield, segnor's loops, blue hard turns, target lock) is sufficient that that would be a serious problem for the Galactic Empire, which has already got to deal with Scum getting a TIE fighter swarm capable of ignoring asteroids.

If I had to guess, therefore, I'd peg the Epsilon Squadron Pilot as having an unchanged statline and dial but put it at 29 points. That's a proportionate 1pt reduction over its 1.0 cost, but still leaves a 7-ship force at 203 points and therefore impossible. However, 6 Epsilon Pilots is then 174 points; enough for 4 points of upgrades to each ship or 24 points spent on unique pilots, allowing 2 good named uniques (the 'leaders') or 3 weaker ones (the 'aces')

4 minutes ago, Dwing said:

It's just an interceptors with the wings angeled outwards? 

Actually if you look at the TIE hunter it was more like an X-Wing. This one is more a cross between the hunter and the Advanced X-1 of Vader’s 

16 hours ago, Ronu said:

26841189_10155960437979536_4626350400382

I saw that as part of an article about a concept designer for Star Wars, and decided that I needed one  just for rule of cool.  Also someone came up with a tie bomber design that was pretty cool.  I hope FFG/Lucasfilm can take some of these and make them cannon and fill some gaps for the First Order

maxresdefault.jpg

Video HERE

16 hours ago, Ronu said:

Have you not seen these?

26841189_10155960437979536_4626350400382

So, they put solar panels on the exterior of the wings, but then bent the wings out at such a sharp angle as to practically guarantee they're always shading each other?  First Order engineering at its finest...

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

So, they put solar panels on the exterior of the wings, but then bent the wings out at such a sharp angle as to practically guarantee they're always shading each other?  First Order engineering at its finest...

Are they back to being solar panels again?  They keep changing what the panels actually do.