bravosquid

How much do you expect to spend?

On 8/3/2018 at 2:15 PM, hatch79 said:

Normally I try to complete my games, but in this case... ?

I don‘t think that I buy a starter, but 4 decks for me and my wife. If we like the game and depending how often we play , I expect to buy up to 2 decks a month + decks for „sealed“, if there are enough player in our area.

I’m going to use the starter decks for my custom archon triad format. Separateing decks into three house sets and allowing new decks to be made by only combining three unique house sets.

the starter ensures you have one of 6 of the houses to start with and hopefully you pull the seventh.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:10 PM, Ywingscum said:

Sounds like the starter decks are full decks.  So then I likely will get the starter.  Anything further we shall see

I find myself intrigued with this game enough that I want to give it a try, so a starter seems likely. But then again, I really want Heroes of Terrinoth, too, and I can't really justify both.

My dream, though, would be to play this game with my relatives instead of playing Magic. The Magic decks we use are just all over the place with cards from throughout Magic's history, so they don't really work well together, in my opinion. I would be much more excited to play a game like this. And it's cheap enough I could see myself actually convincing those tightwads to buy a new deck each year before the family reunion to keep things fresh.

Just purchased some keys for 18 pounds UK. 8 of which was postage so quite reasonable.

They came in the post Tuesday and are a nice size. Added some paints and some gems and they are very nice.

Edited by Amanal

I am a huge magic the gathering player and this seems like an incredibly fun side game to play. Ive already spent close to $200 for two decks of ebay (they play great, such a fun game). I have starter set on preorder for the tokens and an additional deck. I plan to order about 20 more decks within the first few months.

I'm starting to get really excited about the unique deck part.  Also -- it will be very approachable to show a friend this game.  ****, you can even give them one of the decks you're not particularly fond of and they can play a complete game with it.  That's cool.

I preordered a base set and two extra decks.  Then I played the game on Tabletop Simulator, loved it, and preordered 5 more decks. So that’s 9 unique decks to start, which should keep me busy for a while.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:52 AM, Amanal said:

Just purchased some keys for 18 pounds UK. 8 of which was postage so quite reasonable.

They came in the post Tuesday and are a nice size. Added some paints and some gems and they are very nice.

Do you have a photo? ^^  Curious.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:10 PM, Ywingscum said:

Sounds like the starter decks are full decks.  So then I likely will get the starter.  Anything further we shall see

They are full decks.  From what I've head, they also are not going to be legal for events.  So they only thing they are good for is teaching the game, and playing casually.  Which may be enough for most people.

But I don't like the idea of spending $20 on decks that I can't ever use outside of those situations.  

I'll likely pick up 2 decks to see if it's something my son is interested in playing.  Where we go from there depends on how much he wants to play.

5 hours ago, kingbobb said:

But I don't like the idea of spending $20 on decks that I can't ever use outside of those situations.  

Don't think of it as spending $20.  Figure it's  $10 for each of the unique decks, $10 for all the accessories like all the tokens, keys and status cards, $3 for a nice copy of the rules and a decent sized box to hold everything in, and you're left with each teaching deck costing only $3.50.  Not bad at all really.

Edited by dperello