bravosquid

How much do you expect to spend?

Looking for feedback on how much money players expect to spend on this game.  Will you get the Starter Set (or split one with a friend?).  How many decks will you buy blind or will you try to shop by decklist on the secondary market?

Personally I'll either skip the starter set or split one with a friend if they really want to get one.  Either way, I expect to start with just 1 blind deck and play that for a while, possibly trying out friend's decks as well.  If the game is fun and I feel like I'll get more play value out of the game, I'll likely continue to pick up 1 deck at a time maybe every month or so.  I don't have any intention of buying specific decks or a ton of decks hoping to get a more powerful one, I'll just stick with the 'chain' mechanic for balancing.

So, $10 or $20 to start, and then maybe $10 every 6 weeks or so if I play the game enough for it to feel worth it.

I'll most likely get the starter set and two additional decks to start with for my play group, and will see where it takes me from there.

I'm intrigued by the idea of really getting to know my deck(s), and get additional ones whenever I would like to see something new, or play at events that require fresh decks.

Right now I expect to spend entry fee in my Local Store for Draft/Swiss/Seald (+ deck if not included) to try this game out. 

Edited by Frodos

Normally I try to complete my games, but in this case... ?

I don‘t think that I buy a starter, but 4 decks for me and my wife. If we like the game and depending how often we play , I expect to buy up to 2 decks a month + decks for „sealed“, if there are enough player in our area.

Edited by hatch79

I'll get a starter and probably 5-6 decks. If my group likes it and the organized play is solid I will probably end up with another 1-2 decks each month. 

@Glucose: 

I will use small red dice for damage and my FFG token for Æmber, stun and power status. Or I make some sticker for poker chips.

In Future there will be more geekstuff on the market to bling the game. I‘m hoping on Æmber gems, which fits in the keys.

20 hours ago, Ooipooi said:

I'll most likely get the starter set and two additional decks to start with for my play group, and will see where it takes me from there.

I'm intrigued by the idea of really getting to know my deck(s), and get additional ones whenever I would like to see something new, or play at events that require fresh decks.

Same here, I plan on getting the starter + 2 more decks, see if it takes hold with my friends or if I can find a store that wants to run a KeyForge night. Could easily entice me to buy more.

I plan to buy a starter and 6 decks. That is 100 bucks investment for 8 random decks and two pre-built decks (so, ten decks total). I will use the starter decks to teach the game and, if I like them, I will use them in regular play too. I will take my time exploring all the decks, and I will use the starter box to store everything. 

I preordered a starter and if they get more single decks for preorder at miniature market I will probably order 4 more from them. If not I might buy them from my local game store. I may even buy a couple more through tournaments if I like the scene, so likely <$100 for this set maybe I'll buy a few decks of the next one if it sounds good.

I'll probably get a starter and 2-4 other decks pending game play reviews.

This looks like a good, easy game to play with my kids once they're old enough to read.

Hopefully Garfield keeps a tight hand on the rules and doesn't let FFG get too FFGish with them.

I'm planning on getting a starter and a couple extra decks, so 4 + the trainers or whatever. I can imagine picking up extra ones here and there as time goes on. The plays I've seen make the game look good, but it really depends on if I can find people to play it with. But with 4/6 decks I can probably get it to hit at a game night even if no one else is buying in.